No third star for Juventus (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Many people, including the board, seem to have different stances on same things depending on the situation. If the board finds Moggi (thus Juventus) guilty of game fixing, they must act accordingly which means that talking about having won 30 scudetti on the pitch was bullshit and hypocritical. If they really believe that we won thirty scudetti on the pitch, they must never take back what they have promised to the fans. What rules are we respecting? Those which demoted us? Or perhaps the board thinks we were legitimately relegated? Which is of course not something I'd blame them for but if it's the case, they should have never "surprised" the fans with talks of a third star.
Everyone who follows calcio closely and is objective knows that Juve have won 30 titles. We had a team that did it on the pitch without any outside assistance. Our bitter rivals were looking for anything & if it wasn't for Moggi's calls they would have surely found something else & quickly taken us down through the kangaroo court. AA should have known better than promising the 3rd star will be on our top (rookie mistake & the heat of the moment). Our board, our fans, objective fans & the players know we have 30 scudetti but at the same time we play under FIGC rules. If we decide to go against them it will only end up with squabbles & punishment for us. We don't need any more negative press & we have to pull a diplomatic move to recover from AA's mistake. This is not about legitimising our 30 titles, it's about avoiding FIGC which is hell bent on stamping down on us & just waiting for another excuse.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I wonder if the 'rule' is that FIGC can reject the jersey because of the decals on it, then why would they agree to '30 on the pitch' but not the stars? Basically that also mocks the FIGC and it's ruling.

And about the rule, Albertini said this a couple of months ago “Putting a third star on the shirt would only be an act of provocation. Anyone can wear the jersey they want to, as only the Scudetto or Coppa Italia symbol is added for the reigning holders.” So I doubt, there's any rule as such.

Aug 1, 2003
:lol:

I think it's a lame, pussy move not to put the stars, instead of "30 sul campo" :blah: it seems like we are yielding. anyone with a right mind knew we won 30 on the pitch, and what better way to emphasize on this fact than by putting 3 stars reaffirming our belief and stance? very unhappy with this decision.

Apr 15, 2006
:lol:

I think it's a lame, pussy move not to put the stars, instead of "30 sul campo" :blah: it seems like we are yielding. anyone with a right mind knew we won 30 on the pitch, and what better way to emphasize on this fact than by putting 3 stars reaffirming our belief and stance? very unhappy with this decision.
Actually, I think it's a brave move to abandon a practice that we started decades ago and adopt a different way to show the same. And by doing so, we also put the other stars to shame. They're almost meaningless now.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
this is pretty lame, yeah. agnelli yielded to the pressure, it's not the end of the world but we should've been wearing 3 stars next season. it makes absolutely no sense that our entire stadium is made in the mark of the "30", always reminding the team who come to play who and what we are, then we pussy out when it's time to put it on the jersey. i can't say i'm unsatisfied with the way aa is running the club, but there are definite moments of hypocrisy. (moggi not being invited to the opening ceremony and this)

Apr 15, 2006
We are still reminding them that we got 30 titles by explicitly mentioning it on the club logo. What is there to complain about? We set the trend of adding stars for 10 titles, and not we're redefining the trend and dropping the stars system cos it's no longer useful in representing how many titles we have.

I'm not convinced that the stars are the only way we can represent the no. of titles we've won.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
If we are not going with 3 stars, then I like removing the two stars from our shirts altogether. However, I think "30 sul campo" has got to go. It is just lame, and looks desperate. I'll still buy the shirt, but I don't like it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
We are still reminding them that we got 30 titles by explicitly mentioning it on the club logo. What is there to complain about? We set the trend of adding stars for 10 titles, and not we're redefining the trend and dropping the stars system cos it's no longer useful in representing how many titles we have.

I'm not convinced that the stars are the only way we can represent the no. of titles we've won.
the only difference is that the stars are a unanimously agreed way of showing how many titles you have, writing in small letters on the club logo is not. Merda could write "rot in jail moggi, forza facchetti" on their logo and no one would give a shit because it's just writing.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If we are not going with 3 stars, then I like removing the two stars from our shirts altogether. However, I think "30 sul campo" has got to go. It is just lame, and looks desperate. I'll still buy the shirt, but I don't like it.
Yes, me too. 3 starts or nothing at all, just the logo and the Scudetto badge. Hopefully the Scudetto badge becomes an irreplaceable symbol on our jersey.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
One of my friends told me something, and I fully agree.

All this talk of 30 scudetti and the third star etc. actually overshadows what our lads accomplished this season. I know it's an important issue, and all, but.. We were never gonna add a third star to the jersey, as it is against FIGC regulations, and especially under these circumstances, when our coach and two of our players are under investigation, I think it was a wise decision in the end to not cause further uproar. However, I'm still a bit dissatisfied with Agnelli's constant talking and promising this third star on the jersey. That was his main fault, in my opinion, because he gave false hopes to the fans.

But I think we just have to move on now. Let's be happy that we're the champions of Italy. It's actually a wonderful feeling.

I'd also like to say one more thing. Respecting the golden star, even though it gives a bad taste in our mouths, is actually kind of important. Yes, we won the league 30 times on the field, but officially, in the records of FIGC, the number is 28. It's a fact, whether we like it or not. We are not making the rules, they are. We had the chance to appeal back then, but didn't. We accepted the verdict (sadly).

If we had put 3 stars on our jersey now, you could bet your a*ses that a bunch of other italian clubs would've put a bunch of stars of their own. We were always the leaders of the pack. They would've just said "Juve don't respect the rules, why should we?".

We still have 2 official stars on our jersey. This is something that the other clubs do not have. We have won 30 on the field, I'm not denying that at all, but the 2 stars on the jersey is in a way correct, because we didn't appeal. Let's win another two titles so that it will be 32 sul campo and 30 in the archives of the FIGC. Then we can put our 3rd star.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If we were going to act as if we really won 28 instead of 30 (as you said, in their archives, we have won 28), then why the fuck is our president making all this drama about Calciopoli now? Does that make him a hypocrite or a pussy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)