no more Serie A on SCV? (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
They have the cheek to broadcast Villarreal vs Man U twice on the same day. Yet there are no games for Juventus. I'm fired up now.

Sent an email to ST Forums.

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
Keep it up, guys! I'm drafting a letter to the CEO of StarHub at the moment - will let you guys know how that turns out. :thumb:

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
Yet another pointless reply from StarHub in the ST online forum:

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,341219,00.html?

So they dedicated two lines to talking about Serie A and the rest of the letter to talking about StarHub Digital Cable?! I don't know how to get through to them anymore - they're just totally missing the point. :fero:

And if they are "considering" pay-per-view options, it still wouldn't be for this season, right? :rolleyes:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
So they are just making a turn-around and say so much, but in the end their main point is they wouldn't broadcast the Serie A right?

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
Exactly! 98% of the letter is irrelevant! In fact, only one phrase is - not even a sentence. :rolleyes:

"As we were unable to reach an agreement this season,"

That's all I need to know, mate. :rolleyes:

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
YOU GUYS!!!! I have some GREAT news!!! :D Cut the long story short - a media rights owner emailed me (got my add from the petition) and said he's given the rights for Serie A to MediaCorp this year for free. It's for a small teams more than big ones, but anyways, I was a bit nervous it was a scam but a few checks with some Italian friends assured me it was a genuine company... I sent that email to TNP to ask them to help me check with MediaCorp is this is true and this is what I got from Ernest Luis just an hour ago!!!! I reckon he'll cover this story in the next day or two. ;)

Hi Farah,

U don't by any chance know a Sharon Tan? She sent an email fm a Farah too...

Anyway, Channel 5 confirmed it's true.

But they hv only rights to "smaller teams'" home games.

Like Sunday's Treviso v Milan, Cagliari v Roma.

For the giants' home games, no access.

Also, no access to giant v giant like Juve v Inter etc.

Channel 5 can only show delayed telecast ard midnight Sunday because live timings clash with News at 9.30pm. They can show up to one or two matches a week. Midweek better chance of live though, after midnight.

Still, something better than nothing.

I'm asking StarHub what progress they making and if they will discount part of subscription fees if this cannot be solved.

Cheers,
Ernest

It's a start, eh? I'm soooooo happy!!!!!!!!!! :bravo:

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
so there would be no Juve home games?then wat's the point?wat if Juve wins the scudetto this year again?Then means we can't watch the last Juve home game where the players are celebrating?Oh,SCV didn't broadcast it last year either :groan:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by kaltz ] ++
YOU GUYS!!!! I have some GREAT news!!! :D Cut the long story short - a media rights owner emailed me (got my add from the petition) and said he's given the rights for Serie A to MediaCorp this year for free. It's for a small teams more than big ones, but anyways, I was a bit nervous it was a scam but a few checks with some Italian friends assured me it was a genuine company... I sent that email to TNP to ask them to help me check with MediaCorp is this is true and this is what I got from Ernest Luis just an hour ago!!!! I reckon he'll cover this story in the next day or two. ;)

Hi Farah,

U don't by any chance know a Sharon Tan? She sent an email fm a Farah too...

Anyway, Channel 5 confirmed it's true.

But they hv only rights to "smaller teams'" home games.

Like Sunday's Treviso v Milan, Cagliari v Roma.

For the giants' home games, no access.

Also, no access to giant v giant like Juve v Inter etc.

Channel 5 can only show delayed telecast ard midnight Sunday because live timings clash with News at 9.30pm. They can show up to one or two matches a week. Midweek better chance of live though, after midnight.

Still, something better than nothing.

I'm asking StarHub what progress they making and if they will discount part of subscription fees if this cannot be solved.

Cheers,
Ernest

It's a start, eh? I'm soooooo happy!!!!!!!!!! :bravo:
wHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read ur PM Farah :D

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Qaterminator ] ++
so there would be no Juve home games?then wat's the point?wat if Juve wins the scudetto this year again?Then means we can't watch the last Juve home game where the players are celebrating?Oh,SCV didn't broadcast it last year either :groan:
Yeaa well, win some, lose some I suppose. :down: I was terribly disappointed about last year as well but hey, I'd rather have have a chance to see Juve a few times this year than have to live on streaming all the time!

Not that the Delle Alpi is a great stadium to watch on TV anyway... :hide:

:p

I see this as a temporary solution. The season's started and StarHub has offered us no hope anymore :groan: so hey, this is better than nothing.

++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++wHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
!!
Read ur PM Farah
I have, but I have a long response myself and I've been swamped with work (and correspondence about this Serie A thing :D ) so give me a couple days - I will reply soon. :p

++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++Hopefully we manage to catch a couple of Juve's games.
Good news is Juve hasn't played too many of the minnows that MediaGroup owns rights to as yet. So we will see Juve more often that we'd initially expected, I reckon! ;)

Ernest Luis is covering a story in The New Paper today (21 Sep) - go get your copy. I'm not sure too exactly what he's going to say but I reckon he has viewpoints from all perspectives - StarHub, MediaGroup and MediaCorp, so it'll be good. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)