No hunting season? Sounds of violins, trip to ENG... (8 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Alberto Gilardino’s time at Milan appears to be up after he threatened to walk out and Carlo Ancelotti opened the door – ushering in Thierry Henry.

The striker caused controversy with an interview in this weekend’s ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ in which he said he could “not guarantee” he would stay at the club next season, as he demanded more faith in his abilities.

“If Gilardino feels he needs to go, then there’s no reason why we can’t help him achieve that aim, as long as we find a valid alternative,” replied the Coach.

“Up until a few days ago he seemed relaxed and the situation was under control. He speaks of faith and fair play, but we have always put our trust in him. I always considered him an important player, even if at Milan competition for places is mandatory.”

With Ronaldo no longer cup-tied, Pippo Inzaghi in sparkling form and rumours of another major striker brought in this summer, Gilardino fears he will be pushed aside.

“Competition must act as further motivation to do better and certainly not feel like a weight. Gilardino is young, can still improve and has already scored a lot of goals. Like everyone, he has had his ups and downs.”

Gila is very unpopular with a section of the Rossoneri fans and admits he was bitterly disappointed at losing out to Inzaghi in the Champions League Final starting XI.

“The only player at Milan who is sure of always being first choice is Kaka,” continued Ancelotti. “Everyone should take Inzaghi as an example, a player who takes his profession very seriously. He is always ready and works hard no matter what, so he earned his place in the most important match.”

Not only did SuperPippo play in Athens, he scored both goals in the 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

“It is often said that Inzaghi is in love with the goal, but the truth is that the goal is in love with him.”

That Champions League triumph will act as further incentive to bring in top stars, as Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto’o, Andriy Shevchenko and Emerson have been strongly linked.

“We are working to make the team more competitive. What you read in the papers is more or less true, specifically our intention to bring in a midfielder and a forward. Negotiations are tricky, as they involve talking to very prestigious clubs.”

The Coach let slip that one of those target is Arsenal hitman Henry, who may finally be ready to leave the Gunners.

“Henry is a great striker and is among those players who are of interest to us,” said the Milan boss.

There are claims this weekend that a deal for Real Madrid man Emerson has already been secured, with a return to Serie A after his spells at Roma and Juventus.

“I have not named names and do not wish to, but Emerson is a player with the characteristics that would be useful for us.”

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #342
    Alberto Gilardino’s time at Milan appears to be up after he threatened to walk out and Carlo Ancelotti opened the door – ushering in Thierry Henry.

The striker caused controversy with an interview in this weekend’s ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ in which he said he could “not guarantee” he would stay at the club next season, as he demanded more faith in his abilities.

“If Gilardino feels he needs to go, then there’s no reason why we can’t help him achieve that aim, as long as we find a valid alternative,” replied the Coach.

“Up until a few days ago he seemed relaxed and the situation was under control. He speaks of faith and fair play, but we have always put our trust in him. I always considered him an important player, even if at Milan competition for places is mandatory.”

With Ronaldo no longer cup-tied, Pippo Inzaghi in sparkling form and rumours of another major striker brought in this summer, Gilardino fears he will be pushed aside.

“Competition must act as further motivation to do better and certainly not feel like a weight. Gilardino is young, can still improve and has already scored a lot of goals. Like everyone, he has had his ups and downs.”

Gila is very unpopular with a section of the Rossoneri fans and admits he was bitterly disappointed at losing out to Inzaghi in the Champions League Final starting XI.

“The only player at Milan who is sure of always being first choice is Kaka,” continued Ancelotti. “Everyone should take Inzaghi as an example, a player who takes his profession very seriously. He is always ready and works hard no matter what, so he earned his place in the most important match.”

Not only did SuperPippo play in Athens, he scored both goals in the 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

“It is often said that Inzaghi is in love with the goal, but the truth is that the goal is in love with him.”

That Champions League triumph will act as further incentive to bring in top stars, as Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto’o, Andriy Shevchenko and Emerson have been strongly linked.

“We are working to make the team more competitive. What you read in the papers is more or less true, specifically our intention to bring in a midfielder and a forward. Negotiations are tricky, as they involve talking to very prestigious clubs.”

The Coach let slip that one of those target is Arsenal hitman Henry, who may finally be ready to leave the Gunners.

“Henry is a great striker and is among those players who are of interest to us,” said the Milan boss.

There are claims this weekend that a deal for Real Madrid man Emerson has already been secured, with a return to Serie A after his spells at Roma and Juventus.

“I have not named names and do not wish to, but Emerson is a player with the characteristics that would be useful for us.”

Football Italia

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Nice, we're getting Antonio Stradivari :D

I like Gilardino in Juve but i'd prefer not to do bussiness with Milan. The only way i'd accept Gilardino is if it's only money.
    But the scum Galliani will ask for Buffon or Trezeguet :faq1:

May 25, 2006
    Nice, we're getting Antonio Stradivari :D

I like Gilardino in Juve but i'd prefer not to do bussiness with Milan. The only way i'd accept Gilardino is if it's only money.
    But the scum Galliani will ask for Buffon or Trezeguet :faq1:
    Yeah! I agree 100%... if we made a deal with`em to take Gilardino and give them Trezeguet or especially Buffoni.. we`ll make fun of ourseleves.. and it`s gonna be joke of the season.

as we say in arabic: "You can`t exchange Gold with Wood"! :flirt:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #346
    I wouldn't mind a Trez + 5m € for Gila swap in Trez doesn't want to renew his contract.

- Gila is a Juventino(not that it matters)
    - Gila knows how to score
    - Gila moves a lot on the pitch to help his teammates
    - Gila is younger

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Are we going to have a player unveiled this week? Are they going to announce a coach this week? I'm beginning to doubt everything :depressed

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #349
    Are we going to have a player unveiled this week? Are they going to announce a coach this week? I'm beginning to doubt everything :depressed
    This is just a hunch but I think this is gonna be one hell of a week concerning Juve announcements. :eyebrows:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    This is just a hunch but I think this is gonna be one hell of a week concerning Juve announcements. :eyebrows:
    I sure hope so. Reading the news is getting on my nerves now. We've had nothing but rumours since January and the only signings we've gotten are Sali and Grygera; and they don't count b/c they were free agents :p

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Realistically speaking; with no "I wish"-es...who can we expect?

Players:

Iaquinta? Yes, No, Maybe

Gilardino? Yes, No, Maybe

Sissoko? Yes, No, Maybe

Huntelaar? Yes, No, Maybe

Mavuba? Yes, No, Maybe

Cris, Yes, No, Maybe

Milito? Yes, No, Maybe

Coach:

Eriksson? Yes, No, Maybe

Lippi? Yes, No, Maybe

Ranieri? Yes, No, Maybe

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #358
    Realistically speaking; with no "I wish"-es...who can we expect?

Players:

Iaquinta? Yes, No, Maybe

Gilardino? Yes, No, Maybe

Sissoko? Yes, No, Maybe

Huntelaar? Yes, No, Maybe

Mavuba? Yes, No, Maybe

Cris, Yes, No, Maybe

Milito? Yes, No, Maybe

Coach:

Eriksson? Yes, No, Maybe

Lippi? Yes, No, Maybe

Ranieri? Yes, No, Maybe

I don't know. I'm not even sure if Secco does. :cry:

Papers say Iaquinta, Almiron, Mavuba, Ranieri for sure. Cris wants Juve but Lyon asks for the moon. Same with Zaragoza and Milito. If Trez leaves then it's either Gila or The Hunter...maybe Klose.

If we already have Almiron and Mavuba+ Zanetti and Marchisio then Sissoko would be extra? I don't want Juve to loan out Marchisio. So it's either Mavuba or Sissoko unless our coach wants to play with 2 DM's. :(
    Mavuba and X. Alonso would be my picks but you don't want my opinion.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I wouldn't mind a Trez + 5m € for Gila swap in Trez doesn't want to renew his contract.

- Gila is a Juventino(not that it matters)
    - Gila knows how to score
    - Gila moves a lot on the pitch to help his teammates
    - Gila is younger
    I'd take Gila+5Mil for Trez.

Some people don't see it but he does creates space for his teammates by the way he moves on the pitch.
    His movements are better than Trez, and passes the ball much better, can hold up play much better too. The thing I fear from him is actually his age, mentally Gila hasn't shown that he can play with the big teams on big occasions. Hence his inconsistant performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)