Nicola Pozzi (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
17 year old player from Cesena was just purchased by Juve and left at Cesena to mature. From what I heard, he's considered to be a really hot prospect for the future of Italian football.

As usual, Juve are always ahead of the other clubs in terms of purchasing young players. Well played Moggi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Thanks for the news Glenn :).
Do you know if he was in either of the Italy youth sides recently?

OT: There's been a Glenn writing for SoccerAge recently, about Juve no less. Would that be you :D?

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yes it's me :D

I had never heard of Pozzi before today, but I guess he's probably with the U17 Italian NT.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    17 year old player from Cesena was just purchased by Juve and left at Cesena to mature. From what I heard, he's considered to be a really hot prospect for the future of Italian football.

As usual, Juve are always ahead of the other clubs in terms of purchasing young players. Well played Moggi.
    which position does he plays?

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    OK...

Nicola Pozzi was with the Italian U-17 team that was sent home early from the EURO U-17 championchips in Portugal recently.

From UEFA.com
    PLAYERS TO WATCH:
    Cesena Calcio's Nicola Pozzi and Atalanta BC's Marco Motta both scored three goals during the qualifying campaign.

In the tournament itself Pozzi scored 2 goals in Italy's 4-0 win against Israel. The other results were a 2-0 loss against Spain and a 0-0 draw against England.

Well... let's see what will become of him then :).

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Pozzi sounds interesting. It's really nice to see juve buying homegrown youngsters rather than splash out on foreign youngsters like some other teams *cough cough* Inter *cough cough*

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    we are ahead of everyone in signing young talent, but many of them go on loan and never return.

also, our future young forwards are the likes of sculli, guzman and even cipriani, not forgetting we have forwards who are in their mid 20's currently in our seniors.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    we are ahead of everyone in signing young talent, but many of them go on loan and never return.

also, our future young forwards are the likes of sculli, guzman and even cipriani, not forgetting we have forwards who are in their mid 20's currently in our seniors.
    We are terrible at developing talent. I'd rather that we didn't sign promising youngsters until later in their developement...it's a real shame to ruin their careers.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Yeah :)
    Cool :cool:
    I noticed your soccer knowlenge was very good :thumb: so I'm not surprized ;)

Thanks 4 the info, I didn' t know about Pozzi, it's always good to know that Juve is mouving to make sure the future with young players. Inter and Milan do not do it... they just buy players when they are already famos... but we make the stars by ouerself :)

7heva

Jan 30, 2004
    Official: Milan signs Nicola Pozzi

Juventus, Inter, Roma and Palermo were also interested but Milan won the race and snapped him up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)