Nicola Legrottaglie (8 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Now about the contract situation, i think we should still hold up on that just yet. He has been playing really well.However we should still try and get at least a solid 10 games or more out of him before handing him a contract and eventually the responsibility of leading the defense till the end of the season.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
23/10/2007 14:14
Legrottaglie Close To Signing New Contract Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie is close to extending his contract with the club, according to reports in Italy.
Legrottaglie Close To Signing New Contract

The centre-back, who turned 31 last Saturday, has had a real fairytale reversal in fortunes this season.

The ex-Chievo man started the campaign as the club’s last-choice centre-back but after long-term injuries to Jean-Alain Boumsong and Jorge Andrade, he has established himself as a first-team regular at the heart of the defence.

Since coming on as a substitute in the week four match with Roma, Legrottaglie has formed a colossal partnership alongside Giorgio Chiellini and Juventus have since conceded just one goal in more than 300 minutes of football.

Legrottaglie has been rewarded for his fine form with a new contract until 2010 and all the formalities of the deal should be completed by the weekend.

The Bari-native joined Juventus in 2003 and was tipped as a future Azzurri regular. However the stopper had a complete nightmare first couple of seasons in Turin, making mistake after mistake, before being farmed out on loan to Bologna and Siena.

He returned to the Bianconeri last summer for the successful Serie B promotion campaign but it is this season that he appears to have finally exploded onto the Serie A scene.

Carlo Garganese Goal.com

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Still a poor player in a great (short) spell of form for me so far. Hope he proves me wrong & becomes the player he looked like in Chievo. Carry on this form till we get some players back at least. Far too soon to be giving a new contract.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
10/28/2007 12:24 AM

We're Not Blaming Anyone - Legrottaglie

Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie talked about tonight's defeat against Napoli.

zoom - galleria Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie gave an interview to 'Napoli Magazine' following the 3-1 defeat at the Stadio San Paolo tonight.

"It was a bad defeat," he said. "The episodes penalised us, we're not used to that. Conceding three goals is not nice. It can happen to be advantaged, but also to be penalised. We realised something wasn't right.

"The referee made some mistakes; it can happen. We don't place the blame on anyone. We conceded two goals from penalties. Aside from [Walter] Gargano's goal, which surprised us, Napoli did not create any major chances.

"Let's not say we are in a crisis," he continued. "When it was 1-1 [Alessandro] Del Piero came close to scoring. Napoli didn't force Buffon into any extraordinary saves. It can happen to concede two penalties. It's not nice, but it can happen.

"We missed [Pavel] Nedved, as well as our coach on the bench (Claudio Ranieri was suspended after protesting last week during the match against Genoa)."

Danilo Pochini
from goal.com

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
i didnt see the game so i really can't say how he played but given what happened i think the training sessions for this week are going to be intense and hopefully his form continues to be on par........

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Good for him.

He's twice the player Boumsong and Zebina are, and makes half of what they do.

This is a good signing, especially if he can continue to be a solid and effective CB now and a solid CB backup in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)