Nicola Legrottaglie (4 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
04/10/2007 03:37

Legrottaglie To Be Rewarded With Contract Renewal?

Oft-criticized Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie has deputized expertly following the injury of Jorge Andrade, and there is talk that the 30-year-old centre-back will be rewarded with a contract extension as a result.

zoom - galleria The former Chievo standout had struggled to consistently recapture anything even close to the kind of form that earned him a big money move to the Delle Alpi in 2003, but it now appears that he is finally come good at the most opportune of times.

Legrottaglie started the season as Juventus’ last-choice defender, however since coming on at half-time during the week four match with Roma, the Bianconeri have gone almost four hours without conceding a goal.

Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has been so pleased and relieved with Legrottaglie’s form that he has suggested that the club could possibly forego the expected purchase of another centre-back in January.

Legrottaglie will have to continue to be at his best at the heart of Juve’s defense this weekend as they travel to take on Adrian Mutu’s Fiorentina.

goal.com
are you fucking kidding me ??

This guy has a few decent, not good, games and SUCKO says this ??

If the board pulls a move like this, then they all should be fired !!!:(

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
agreed 100% with Vinni on this one, he must keep that form until january at least and even with that we should bring in another defender.

Then and only then they should consider renewing him

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That's total crap, FFS Legrotaglie hasn't even been tested properly. If Secco can't see that than I'm afraid he is a total moron and has lost all the little faith I had in him.

Dec 26, 2004
How often has Moggi bought someone in January?

Who bought Legrottaglie in the first place?

It isn't only about bringing players in January... When Moggi brought Legro all of us praised the move but now Secco want to give him a renewal as a reward for two decent performance against Reggina and Torino, that's pathetic.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
How often has Moggi bought someone in January?

Who bought Legrottaglie in the first place?
yeah we didnt buy much in January but on this year its different its like Secco and Co left some money so it can be spent in january on purpose
Secco and co. are maybe just trying to boost his morale.
i hope your right Ze, it is a good way to boast morale i must admit

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
That's total crap, FFS Legrotaglie hasn't even been tested properly. If Secco can't see that than I'm afraid he is a total moron and has lost all the little faith I had in him.
I think Secco is just trying to build his confidence n it seems to be working in the short run.. what will happen in the long term who knows but im defintly not getting any hopes up

May 22, 2007
On transfers, Secco did a reasonable job. On contract renewals, he is totally moronic. He wants to put the contract of a walking injury ahead of other more important players for fuck sake!

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Its great that Legrottaglie is playing up to potential and doing well, but hanging one's hat on him is very risky and foolish. Even if he is the next Nesta at the age of 30, it would be very stupid not to buy at least one more top quality player. Injuries happen, and when your two best defenders are injury prone, its a disaster waiting to happen. Good teams have lots of good central defenders, not two, and a young guy a couple years away from being the third.

Talking contract should only be that, talk, to boost his confidence. Until he's proven he can play against the big boys of Serie A and hold his own, he's still a big risk.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
On transfers, Secco did a reasonable job. On contract renewals, he is totally moronic. He wants to put the contract of a walking injury ahead of other more important players for fuck sake!
I would almost say the opposite...

Secco did the improbable by retaining Buffon, Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Nedved. Essentially, the core of the team. Not to mention convincing Nocerino to stay. I have a feeling Del Piero, Palladino and Chiellini will be extended soon too. Every one of his contract negotiations had some reported drama.

His signings have been disappointing though. Iaquinta, Grygera and Salihamidzic have been great additions so far though. Andrade was starting to rise to form, but the expected long term injury hit at exactly the wrong time. Almiron and Tiago were very, very expensive substitutes. For the combined 20+m euro, Juventus could have snagged an elite midfielder like Diego, Van der Vaart or even Lampard who could have shaped the midfield. Right now, the midfield is on Zanetti's shoulders. Thankfully he seems up to the challenge so far.

May 22, 2007

Secco did the improbable by retaining Buffon, Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Nedved. Essentially, the core of the team. Not to mention convincing Nocerino to stay. I have a feeling Del Piero, Palladino and Chiellini will be extended soon too. Every one of his contract negotiations had some reported drama.

His signings have been disappointing though. Iaquinta, Grygera and Salihamidzic have been great additions so far though. Andrade was starting to rise to form, but the expected long term injury hit at exactly the wrong time. Almiron and Tiago were very, very expensive substitutes. For the combined 20+m euro, Juventus could have snagged an elite midfielder like Diego, Van der Vaart or even Lampard who could have shaped the midfield. Right now, the midfield is on Zanetti's shoulders. Thankfully he seems up to the challenge so far.
Yes, I think that his summer signings were reasonable but in my opinion, he forgot about the defense too much.

So far, Almiron and Tiago have been bench warmers due to our managers choice. For some reason, I struggle to understand why Tiago is being benched for so long. Almiron looked good but I think he needs to play a bit less defensively, so far, I have seen him trying to do something with Zanetti in defensive roles before failing. I still think that they are both the best we could get considering our situation and if Ranieri can see what to do then he can make it work.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

:agree:

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Yes, I think that his summer signings were reasonable but in my opinion, he forgot about the defense too much.

So far, Almiron and Tiago have been bench warmers due to our managers choice. For some reason, I struggle to understand why Tiago is being benched for so long. Almiron looked good but I think he needs to play a bit less defensively, so far, I have seen him trying to do something with Zanetti in defensive roles before failing. I still think that they are both the best we could get considering our situation and if Ranieri can see what to do then he can make it work.
I agree. Defense was definitely left wanting.... I thought for sure there would be a second defender signed.

I think we can both agree that one of Almiron or Tiago would have been sufficient. Even so, they are benchwarmers for two reasons. One, they don't fit in the Tinkerman's plans. Two, they haven't exactly been awe inspiring. I also think that if Ribery and Toni could be convinced to go to Bayern Munich without Champions League play, Juventus could have done better in their pursuits.

May 22, 2007
I agree. Defense was definitely left wanting.... I thought for sure there would be a second defender signed.

I think we can both agree that one of Almiron or Tiago would have been sufficient. Even so, they are benchwarmers for two reasons. One, they don't fit in the Tinkerman's plans. Two, they haven't exactly been awe inspiring. I also think that if Ribery and Toni could be convinced to go to Bayern Munich without Champions League play, Juventus could have done better in their pursuits.
True, we could have gone for more but it would have been hard seeing as we looked scarred after Calciopoli.

I can agree that one or the other of Almiron or Tiago would have been sufficient, but now we have them we have to develop them into our first team plans. It will be interesting to see how Ranieri plays them in the future because he is getting at keats one in the wrong position so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)