Nicola Legrottaglie (87 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Buffon complimented Legro and Chiellini for a good match in the derby. And Legro said he was happy and got along very well with Giorgio.

I think Ranieri should stick to this pair for the next matches. Maybe Criscito could be given a shot a LB? I mean Molinaro is not impressive at all...
Molinaro will prove his worth. He is very lively, a good athlete(his physique is just like zambrotta's) and he possesses good technique for a fullback. He just needs to learn to forget that he's playing for juventus.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Secco: Legrottaglie Is Doing Great

Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has hinted that the club may not need to bring in another centre-back if Nicola Legrottaglie can maintain his recent form.

After star-defender Jorge Andrade was all but ruled out for the rest of the season after breaking his kneecap, Juventus looked odds-on to sign at least one top-class replacement during the January transfer window.

Nicola Legrottaglie started the season as Juventus’ last-choice defender, however since coming on at half-time during the week four match with Roma, the Bianconeri have failed to concede a goal.

The ex-Chievo man has been a rock at the heart of the defence and even got on the scoresheet, during the 4-0 win over Reggina last week. The Italian media has been full of praise for Legrottaglie’s performances, labelling him as the 'new leader’ of Juventus.

“Legrottaglie is doing very well, we will see if this situation is the same in January and then make an evaluation. However there is no reason at the moment to have to bring someone in,” Secco told Sky Italia.

Legrottaglie joined Juventus in 2003 and was tipped as a future Azzurri regular. However the stopper had a complete nightmare first couple of seasons in Turin, making mistake after mistake, before being farmed out on loan to Bologna and Siena.

He returned to the Bianconeri last summer and it seems he has a final chance between now and January to prove to Claudio Ranieri that he is worthy of wearing the great black-and-white shirt.

goal.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
:lol: Who didn't see that one coming?
Yeah. Our board doesnt seem to really count on injuries. They brought some players that are extremely susceptible to injuries and injuries really did occur and now we are in a tough situation. We have some solid backups but we can´t always rely on these guys as the difference is quality is quite notable. I assume that the board is doing their best to keep the budget low until we get more income but 1-2 quality backup players (not injury-prone) wouldn´t kill us.

But he was never a Barcelona player!
I thought you weren't gonna come back?
This is becoming lame. His behaviour has improved and you still provoke him like there is no tomorrow. I can´t tell you what to do but you aren´t looking better than him with this attitude

I will be very surprised if we don't sign another CB in January.
I can tell you that I fear this is a big possibility.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Secco: Legrottaglie Is Doing Great

Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has hinted that the club may not need to bring in another centre-back if Nicola Legrottaglie can maintain his recent form.

After star-defender Jorge Andrade was all but ruled out for the rest of the season after breaking his kneecap, Juventus looked odds-on to sign at least one top-class replacement during the January transfer window.

Nicola Legrottaglie started the season as Juventus’ last-choice defender, however since coming on at half-time during the week four match with Roma, the Bianconeri have failed to concede a goal.

The ex-Chievo man has been a rock at the heart of the defence and even got on the scoresheet, during the 4-0 win over Reggina last week. The Italian media has been full of praise for Legrottaglie’s performances, labelling him as the ‘new leader’ of Juventus.

“Legrottaglie is doing very well, we will see if this situation is the same in January and then make an evaluation. However there is no reason at the moment to have to bring someone in,” Secco told Sky Italia.

Legrottaglie joined Juventus in 2003 and was tipped as a future Azzurri regular. However the stopper had a complete nightmare first couple of seasons in Turin, making mistake after mistake, before being farmed out on loan to Bologna and Siena.

He returned to the Bianconeri last summer and it seems he has a final chance between now and January to prove to Claudio Ranieri that he is worthy of wearing the great black-and-white shirt.

goal.com
:wallbang:

:lol: Who didn't see that one coming?
:faq2:

Retards don't wanna learn lesson.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Does anyone know if Legrottaglie actually played when he was on loan at Bologna? I fail to see a reason why he should be good enough now, while everyone avoided him like the plague two seasons ago.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)