Nicola Legrottaglie (83 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'd take Legrotaglie over Barzagli.
i would if were juve...but i wouldnt if i were Milan.

It's not impossilbe for him to make it. Canna is there. Barzagli is meh, could be dropped. Materazzi... shit defender who had one good season, gets injured and is it not known if he can perform to that level again. That puts Legro in a position to make the squad....
And Legro had how many of those???:p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The only reason i said last season was because Materazzi was injured this season..he barely played...bottom line is having a good season doesnt mean you deserve to be called up..frankly if i were Donadoni..i'd call up Cannavaro, Barzagli , Materazzi and Chielleni for the cb positions.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The only reason i said last season was because Materazzi was injured this season..he barely played...bottom line is having a good season doesnt mean you deserve to be called up..frankly if i were Donadoni..i'd call up Cannavaro, Barzagli , Materazzi and Chielleni for the cb positions.

Then what must a player do to get called up? have a bad season? this bit does not make sense. If you play well compared to other players in your position then you deserve a call up. and you can't say call up Materaazi when he has barely played. If it was a matter of who has the bigger name or was better before and not currently then why not just bring back Ferrara and Baresi?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Then what must a player do to get called up? have a bad season? this bit does not make sense. If you play well compared to other players in your position then you deserve a call up. and you can't say call up Materaazi when he has barely played. If it was a matter of who has the bigger name or was better before and not currently then why not just bring back Ferrara and Baresi?
no its not like that..its like if you were the french nt coach..would you call up Benzema ahead of Henry..??the former has been in better form this season...doesnt mean he should be called ahead of Frances #1 scorer in all its history..Donadoni probably trusts materazzi more than Legro and rightfully so..one season doesnt change that.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
1 - Gianluigi Buffon
2 - Alessandro Birindelli
4 - Sergio Bernardo Almiron
6 - Cristiano Zanetti
7 - Hasan Salihamidzic
9 - Vincenzo Iaquinta
10 - Alessandro Del Piero
11 - Pavel Nedved
13 - Jess Vanstrattan
17 - David Trezeguet
18 - Jean Alain Boumsong
20 - Raffaele Palladino
21 - Zdeneck Grygera
28 - Cristian Molinaro
30 - Tiago Cardoso Mendes
32 - Marco Marchionni
33 - Nicola Legrottaglie
the players called up. i think if hes called up hes playing

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Legrottaglie & Zanetti Set For Azzurri Call-Ups?
Juventus duo Nicola Legrottaglie and Cristiano Zanetti could be set for recalls to the Italian national team, according to reports in the peninsula.

National team boss Roberto Donadoni was in the stands at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin yesterday to watch Juventus draw 0-0 with Sampdoria.

In the days leading up to the game many believed that Donadoni was attending in order to check the progress of Antonio Cassano, who was eventually ruled out through injury, and Alessandro Del Piero.

However Donadoni was really there to spy on Legrottaglie and Zanetti, who have both been out of the international reckoning for the best part of four years.

There were high hopes for Legrottaglie when he joined Juventus in 2003 from Chievo, however he had a nightmare first year in Turin making mistake after mistake.

After being sent out on loan to Bologna and Siena the 31-year-old returned last summer but was only a bit-part player in the Serie B promotion campaign under Didier Deschamps.

However since coming on as a substitute in the week four match against Roma this term, Legro has finally burst onto the scene and he has been a colossus alongside Giorgio Chiellini at the heart of the defence.

Zanetti has also had a reversal of fortunes and has arguably been Juventus’ best midfielder this season.

The 30-year-old, who was famously Luciano Moggi’s last signing at Juventus has put in some typically gritty displays.

Italy face Portugal in a pre-Euro 2008 warm-up in Zurich on February 6, and it will be interesting to see if Zanetti and Legrottaglie, as well as Del Piero and Cassano, are included in Donadoni’s squad.

goal.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I was scepticical(I even thought it was comical) about Legro's return to the azzurri squad before, but lately he's been making a very reliable impression on me. More so with the current backline problems, he's the one we could build on. Before Chiellini got injured, his form was dropping but Legro covered for him.

Also Legro is performing better than Barzagli and Materazzi is only returning from injury. That and Chiellini is out anyway, the call-up make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)