Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Kulusevski never plays at the left side, neither did he at Atalanta’s primavera. Zaniolo is also basically never used in a role with more defensive tasks. We’ve yet to understand if they’re both capable to play in that role.

Kulusevski has a lot of discipline and covers a lot of ground, but imo he’s defensively not very good.

If we want them to work in a system we should forget using a regista and try this:

Ronaldo - Dybala - Zaniolo
———— Kulusevski
Arthur ——————— Bentancur

Its the same as Ajax played against us with Van de Beek who during the attacking phase makes a lot of runs and gets between the lines. I don’t think he’s a top player, but he’s pretty complete as he knows to defend.
Neither is good enough to be difference making starter for top club yet. They'd likely compete for a spot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
19 yo Pogba became stater at Juve and was playing like a top CM. He was already a top CM.

Zaniolo wasn't even guaranteed starter at Roma.

But Pogba never reached his full potential (not career wise or in terms of sustained level), maybe Zaniolo can be better. Xavi and Pirlo weren't that good at 19. Looking that good at 19 is rare.

Jun 16, 2020
Neither is good enough to be difference making starter for top club yet. They'd likely compete for a spot.
We have Costa of course - when fit.
But personally I wouldn’t mind to play like that, we’d be building the foundations for the next decade. Add David Silva or another experienced, technical gifted AM and we’re good.

Btw its not start our current starters are making the difference..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We have Costa of course - when fit.
But personally I wouldn’t mind to play like that, we’d be building the foundations for the next decade. Add David Silva or another experienced, technical gifted AM and we’re good.

Btw is not start our current starters are making the difference..
No to David Silva. He's already 34. I'd rather steer clear of old geezers with nothing left to prove. Let's continue with the rejuvenation or bring in established stars in their 20s (mid 20s is fine).

Jun 16, 2020
No to David Silva. He's already 34. I'd rather steer clear of old geezers with nothing left to prove. Let's continue with the rejuvenation or bring in established stars in their 20s (mid 20s is fine).
Yea I would agree, but there’s a difference. He’s really good and free. And besides that our midfield would have 4 U25 players, Ramsey and him. So he’d actually be the experienced guy. I’d sell Khedira and Matuidi.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
But Pogba never reached his full potential (not career wise or in terms of sustained level), maybe Zaniolo can be better. Xavi and Pirlo weren't that good at 19. Looking that good at 19 is rare.
This is true. Fabregas at 19 was the best teenage midfielder I have ever seen, yet he never reached his potential either.

Jun 16, 2020
I think we can write 4231 off. Not possible with Ronaldo. No one to defend left side.
It depends. The LCM can defend the left side while defending, and the RW should drop back to not get outnumbered. And in case of emergency the AM needs to drop back aswel, leaving Dybala and Ronaldo upfront. But it requires a lot of discipline from the players. With Kulu for example we know by fact that he’d run his ass off for the team, but it’s difficult to say how much we’ll suffer with Zaniolo and Kulusevski in the defending phase. It’s possible imo with the right mentors and training, we’ve seen the positive transition with Cuadrado. But for sure it’s not a easy one.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How do you fit Zaniolo, Ronaldo and Dybala into the same lineup?

Either we play 3412
Or we play a diamond 4312
Or Zaniolo adapts to b2b role in a 3 man midfield
Why not 433? Just play all of them in their natural roles.

Ronaldo - Dybala - Zaniolo

He is Roma's RW most times and plays there for Mancini too

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
How do you fit Zaniolo, Ronaldo and Dybala into the same lineup?

Either we play 3412
Or we play a diamond 4312
Or Zaniolo adapts to b2b role in a 3 man midfield
Zaniolo is a midfielder, he can CM (mezzala role). Played that, RW and AM for Roma.

So, any formation that has any of those roles.

I'm sure his versatility is one of the reasons for our interest. For three yrs, we are trying to figure out our ideal formation between 433, 442 and 4312.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)