Nicolò Zaniolo - AM RC - Galatasaray (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Giving away a player that is almost never injured for a guy that is almost always injured.

J-medical must be thrilled at this point.
Been some Momblano and other guru’s rumors since May or June about us pushing Cuadrado out or that he is looking for a new team… only for him to come out himself on social media and say that he is going nowhere and never did or said anything about wanting to leave and that he is very happy at Juve.

From the way i see things it does seem that for the past few months this rumor keeps re-emerging, although by highly unreliable sources, and i do not think is because we or Cuadrado are willing to part ways but that rather Mourinho is pushing or suggesting an exchange only including him if an exchange is what Juve is pushing for to lower Zaniolo’s fee, but all still means nothing if Juan doesn’t want the move himself and i doubt the club would be very open to letting him go either.

- - - Updated - - -

Giving away a 34-year-old guy who's on the final year of his contract and likely to leave anyway, as I doubt we renew him when he's 35. Perspective is everything, but hey, whatever suits your narrative.

Yeah, perspective, do you even understand the meaning of the word?

Cuadrado is the only fullback in the squad that brings something in atack while also being one of the only few players capable to play and cover as a winger too, plus being a very important figure in the dressing room and vice-captain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
short term Cuads for Zaniolo is definitely a loss on the pitch, probably a big one. Cuads has consistently been one of our leaders for past few years and Zaniolo will take time to settle in. our fullbacks will suck a lot without Cuads and we'd still need at least one winger besides Zaniolo.

long term it might turn out to be brilliant or a complete waste of funds and resources, depending on how his knees hold up. i don't even know which is more realistic, probably it's more likely that the guy is the next G.Rossi than that he gets to have a healthy career. dunno, on the fence here.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Been some Momblano and other guru’s rumors since May or June about us pushing Cuadrado out or that he is looking for a new team… only for him to come out himself on social media and say that he is going nowhere and never did or said anything about wanting to leave and that he is very happy at Juve.

From the way i see things it does seem that for the past few months this rumor keeps re-emerging, although by highly unreliable sources, and i do not think is because we or Cuadrado are willing to part ways but that rather Mourinho is pushing or suggesting an exchange only including him if an exchange is what Juve is pushing for to lower Zaniolo’s fee, but all still means nothing if Juan doesn’t want the move himself and i doubt the club would be very open to letting him go either.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, perspective, do you even understand the meaning of the word?

Cuadrado is the only fullback in the squad that brings something in atack while also being one of the only few players capable to play and cover as a winger too, plus being a very important figure in the dressing room and vice-captain.
Seriously? What an impudent dolt. Let me simplify matters for you:

Cuadrado is 34 years old. He's turning 35 before his contract is up. He has an expiring contract. He isn't getting any younger. So, what exactly are we sacrificing to bring in a 22 year old supremely talented footballer? If that's what it takes to get the deal over the line, then so be it. Yes, he's had 2 serious injuries/surgeries, but he has looked very competent and capable since his return.

Perspective? We currently have Di Maria as our only attacking outlet (if we consider Cuads a WB). Both Cuads and Di Maria are on borrowed time (figuratively and literally, because they're on short term deals and they're stop-gap options, not long-term solutions). Chiesa is out, and we have no way of knowing how long it'll take him to get back into gear. Who else do we have for the wings, as things stand? Kean? Don't make me laugh. Technically, we have no one if either Cuads or Di Maria are injured/suspended. Let that sink in.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Seriously? What an impudent dolt. Let me simplify matters for you:

Cuadrado is 34 years old. He's turning 35 before his contract is up. He has an expiring contract. He isn't getting any younger. So, what exactly are we sacrificing to bring in a 22 year old supremely talented footballer? If that's what it takes to get the deal over the line, then so be it. Yes, he's had 2 serious injuries/surgeries, but he has looked very competent and capable since his return.

Perspective? We currently have Di Maria as our only attacking outlet (if we consider Cuads a WB). Both Cuads and Di Maria are on borrowed time (figuratively and literally, because they're on short term deals and they're stop-gap options, not long-term solutions). Chiesa is out, and we have no way of knowing how long it'll take him to get back into gear. Who else do we have for the wings, as things stand? Kean? Don't make me laugh. Technically, we have no one if either Cuads or Di Maria are injured/suspended. Let that sink in.
Delusional much? :lol: bolded part. going on to say that Zaniolo is the solution after having not one but two of those same injuries but somehow is Chiesa who we do not know what will happen with.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Delusional much? :lol: bolded part. going on to say that Zaniolo is the solution after having not one but two of those same injuries but somehow is Chiesa who we do not know what will happen with.
Who do you suggest then? Please give me realistic names who can play across the forward line, names that would be willing to come here and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Go ahead. Amuse me.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
What does Zaniolo have going for him at this stage in his career other than being a promising player with high potential that has gone through some very ugly injuries already in his short career as a professional and is yet to produce a season with top G+A contributions, even his numbers so far do not help your case in which you are blindly overrating him and ready to offload other very necessary players in the squad just to make place for him.

So please, with all due respect, don’t talk to us about perspective’s in this case because you are far from making a reasonable point about it, yeah maybe Zaniolo could turn out to be usefull here afterall but not at the cost of another proven crucial player for the team having to leave when this team is already incomplete as it is.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What does Zaniolo have going for him at this stage in his career other than being a promising player with high potential that has gone through some very ugly injuries already in his short career as a professional and is yet to produce a season with top G+A contributions, even his numbers so far do not help your case in which you are blindy overrating him and ready to offload other very necessary players in the squad just to make place for him.

So please, with all due respect, don’t talk to us about perspective’s in this case because you are far from making a reasonable point about it, yeah maybe Zaniolo could turn out to be usefull here afterall but not at the cost of another proven crucial player for the team having to leave when this team is already incomplete as it is.
Cuadrado is gone, sooner rather than later. Had this been a 29 year old Cuads, heck even Cuads from 2-3 seasons ago, I would have said no. However, as I stipulated, and as you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge, he's 34 going on 35 and on an expiring contract. He's slowing down, which is only natural, given his playing style.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Cuadrado is gone, sooner rather than later. Had this been a 29 year old Cuads, heck even Cuads from 2-3 seasons ago, I would have said no. However, as I stipulated, and as you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge, he's 34 going on 35 and on an expiring contract. He's slowing down, which is only natural, given his playing style.
Me coming up with other names will still not change the fact this is still a likely fake and highly unrealistic rumor and that in perspective letting go of a player like Cuadrado who even at his age is still one of the most efficient and creative players we have that is also a leader who can also cover multiple positions and that having him exchanged for anybody that is not an absolute guarantee in terms of fitness and numbers or a direct replacement for his role is surely not a perspective that anyone sane would be looking forward to when we have no better fullback available and are still very short in terms of wingers and competent backup’s in the team.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, i prefer him rather leaving later than sooner, as in next summer when his contract expires would be ideal and by then we might actually have someone better or more promising lined up for his role, which is not the case now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Me coming up with other names will still not change the fact this is still a likely fake and highly unrealistic rumor and that in perspective letting go of a player like Cuadrado who even at his age is still one of the most efficient and creative players we have that is also a leader who can also cover multiple positions and that having him exchanged for anybody that is not an absolute guarantee in terms of fitness and numbers or a direct replacement for his role is surely not a perspective that anyone sane would be looking forward to when we have no better fullback available and are still very short in terms of wingers and competent backup’s in the team.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, i prefer him rather leaving later than sooner, as in next summer when his contract expires would be ideal and by then we might actually have someone better or more promising lined up for his role, which is not the case now.
Fair enough. I respect your opinion, even if I'm inclined to disagree, and I actually love Cuads and think he has been a very loyal and crucial player for us.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Fair enough. I respect your opinion, even if I'm inclined to disagree, and I actually love Cuads and think he has been a very loyal and crucial player for us.
I don’t know how this ever even become a Cuadrado vs Zaniolo debate, should not even be a dicussion in this sense as they play totally different roles and can easily co-exist in Juve’s lineups, some bs guru rumors taking us far from the actual point or reasons why Cuadrado should absolutely stay for at least one more season and that at the same time we might very well need someone like Zaniolo around anyway.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don’t know how this ever even become a Cuadrado vs Zaniolo debate, should not even be a dicussion in this sense as they play totally different roles and can easily co-exist in Juve’s lineups, some bs guru rumors taking us far from the actual point or reasons why Cuadrado should absolutely stay for at least one more season and that at the same time we might very well need someone like Zaniolo around anyway.
We obviously need both, but I was discussing the rumor based on conjecture/a hypothetical scenario. Perhaps Roma wants Cuads to add experience and give the team an option for both the RB and RW positions. I don't know.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
We obviously need both, but I was discussing the rumor based on conjecture/a hypothetical scenario. Perhaps Roma wants Cuads to add experience and give the team an option for both the RB and RW positions. I don't know.
I know , was just saying that it could as well be just a bs rumor and we wasting our time on debating it, but yeah that is where i intervened that the perspective of letting Cuadrado go in exchange for anyone at this stage is not a very healthy perspective at all short term and neither is there a real guarantee that it will be better long term as things stand.

We are so short of creative players and real leaders that there is simply nothing that could justify pushing out one of the very few reliable one’s that we have to just bring in another that might or might not work out here, point is we need to add more on top of the already existing ones and not the other way around if we want to actually build a competitive team.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to be interesting to see if Cuadrado really shows up or not at Villar Perosa today, which i think he will be present for unless he actually did pick up some injury in the meantime.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
This sums up everything that is currently wrong with our fanbase's mentality atm.

Anyway, at least the rumours are looking more positive as of late:
On the other hand, the "young, Dutch, and views us as a temporary stepping stone to bleed money out of" and the "older Portuguese superstar that will demand everything from the club" fanbases aren't doing too well in comparison though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also our fullback situation is really going to be in trouble if we let Cuadrado leave. It goes from "bad" to "sin against humanity" without important reinforcements.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
With Pogba most likely missing out all year after he gets forced into an operation in a few months, and with Chiesa out, Di Maria in his age... and so many else potential injuries in the squad: I would only go after Zaniolo for a cheap loan with high option to purchase him if he can manage to stay fit for the season. If circumstances were different where the risk would be lower because we had alternatives then I'd be all in. Too many question marks within out squad for it to make sense to add another one.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
With Pogba most likely missing out all year after he gets forced into an operation in a few months, and with Chiesa out, Di Maria in his age... and so many else potential injuries in the squad: I would only go after Zaniolo for a cheap loan with high option to purchase him if he can manage to stay fit for the season. If circumstances were different where the risk would be lower because we had alternatives then I'd be all in. Too many question marks within out squad for it to make sense to add another one.
What a proper thing to do. Replacing injured/injury prone players with an injury prone player on a long contract. Very exciting!

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Stop forcing yourselves for believing him being the next Italian superstar, because he won’t be. People are so desperate to see it, that we should have had 50 Del Pieros by now, but we haven’t had one.

Next - and do not sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)