Nicolò Zaniolo - AM RC - Galatasaray (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
you say he can’t pass yet he’s 90th percentile in assists, and 95th percentile in xA?
Check the post above you, we play either 4-3-3 or if we get Zaniolo 4-2-3-1 and yet you compare him with fullbacks. :howler:

Chiesa - Vlahovic - Di Maria

Where does Kostic fit in there? Bench.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Check the post above you, we play either 4-3-3 or if we get Zaniolo 4-2-3-1 and yet you compare him with fullbacks. :howler:

Those 90/95th percentile splits are against wingers, not fullbacks. So again, he fills a need; like who exactly is providing the service off that left flank currently? Chiesa won’t even be available in the beginning of the season and plays more advanced anyway

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Those 90/95th percentile splits are against wingers, not fullbacks. So again, he fills a need; like who exactly is providing the service off that left flank currently? Chiesa won’t even be available in the beginning of the season and plays more advanced anyway
He can attempt all day but his according to this he isn't good at it. Same with dribling. Chiesa will play on that left side, Kostic has no place at that point.

I don't mind him, but as I said he is hardly someone to be excited for. Unless we get excited for bench at most rotation players.

Attachments

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's not very complicated. Kostic is a left-sided player who hits crosses and we just bought a 70M striker who needs service. His price is low for the assists he can provide. Seems logical.
But he’s 29, which means he’s almost retired and moved to Florida.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007

I don't get it, you're keep saying bench like we're not going to have injuries in the team and play the same XI every time. Chiesa is not fit, you can not expect Di Maria to play up to 3 times a week. We need depth on the left side. This guy's sole purpose is to attack directy, run down the left flank and feed the forwards. We need that.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I don't get it, you're keep saying bench like we're not going to have injuries in the team and play the same XI every time. Chiesa is not fit, you can not expect Di Maria to play up to 3 times a week. We need depth on the left side. This guy's sole purpose is to attack directy, run down the left flank and feed the forwards. We need that.
I agree with that, I don't mind him at all as a rotational player (though unlike many here I don't claim that I knew him until two months ago) I just don't rate him enough to be our starter.

And to repeat my self, I can't get excited for a 29yo bench player unlike for Zaniolo whom I still rate a lot.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Based on his injury record and our own recording of breaking players. Doesnt take a genius to figure that it's incredibly likely that he'll be riding the bench or the stands more so than Kostic
Again. Pure conjecture and speculation. Player A had two ACL injuries. Club B has butchers for doctors. Therefore, it logically follows that Player A will always be injured when joining club B. This is not a university lecture on logical inferences, so while there's a probability what you're saying might be true, you're basing future projections on past occurrences.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Again. Pure conjecture and speculation. Player A had two ACL injuries. Club B has butchers for doctors. Therefore, it logically follows that Player A will always be injured when joining club B. This is not a university lecture on logical inferences, so while there's a probability what you're saying might be true, you're basing future projections on past occurrences.
That's...literally how probabilities are calculated..
So back to my original point, professor b81, Zaniolo has a higher probability of getting injured than Kostic.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That's...literally how probabilities are calculated..
So back to my original point, professor b81, Zaniolo has a higher probability of getting injured than Kostic.
Sure, but that's not what you said. You said he's going to spend 7 months injured after another ACL injury. Yes, he's more likely to get injured than Kostic, but here's the other side of the equation. Zaniolo is a lot younger and infinitely more talented, and therefore more likely to have an impact when he's available. Is he an injury risk? Absolutely? Should we give up on him because of his injuries? Absolutely not.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Sure, but that's not what you said. You said he's going to spend 7 months injured after another ACL injury. Yes, he's more likely to get injured than Kostic, but here's the other side of the equation. Zaniolo is a lot younger and infinitely more talented, and therefore more likely to have an impact when he's available. Is he an injury risk? Absolutely? Should we give up on him because of his injuries? Absolutely not.
The way I see it is that he is an injury risk and we should look elsewhere for more reliable options. There is an array of talented wingers out there. I could perhaps understand your point if he was setting world-beating stats but that's not the case.
I'm not overly keen on the management to spend 40m on someone who may end up being another burden to this club and its finances, like much of our roster over the last 3 years. We need learn from our lesson and be more prudent when it comes to acquiring new players.
I'm also not saying Kostic should be the Zaniolo alternative. I believe that he, like Di Maria, are stopgap players who are simply there to temporarily fill those positions as we wait for next summer when we (hopefully) buy a proper winger. As of now we have too much on our plate to be thinking about these kind of luxuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)