Nicolò Zaniolo - AM RC - Galatasaray (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I'm still very curious to know what might it be that in your view would not be labelled as exaggerated concerns or doubts about someone's fitness , what type of repetitive injuries or situations would you deem as actually warranting such excessive concerns? Taking everything that i listed in my previous posts into account ofc.

If 2 ACL injuries in two years followed by other repetitive minor muscular ones is not reason enough for concerns and huge question marks than i guess nothing will ever be and injury history should count for nothing after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, just to clarify my position on this... Zaniolo coming here as a market opportunity for under €20M or for free would surely be a gamble worth taking, anything more is just too much given the risks that come with it, we lack leaders on the pitch, we need players that are fully fit and not afraid to go into challenges, players with continuity and immediate impact, something that we have been lacking lately... we probably got the worst injury record among all top teams and i find it really hard to believe that our solution to that while having a limited budget is to spend over €40M on another player that could just as easily end up spending more time in JMedical than on the pitch, or even worst will just not be able to replicate the form or find any continuity due to not being 100% fit all the time.
An ACL injury is almost always followed by other minor injuries so that is nothing out of the ordinary. Having 2 of them actually happens quite often too. That doesn't mean we should sell Chiesa all of a sudden...

What things might be worrying? Tibia plateau fracture, relatively big knee or ankle cartillage injuries, recurring biceps femoris tears and another thousand examples that have a big risk of recurring. Is that satisfying as an answer of shall I start the endless list for you?

So yeah, far from 'nothing will ever be' because ACLs are more and more seen as a hard injury to recover from -as in a difficult and quite long rehab plus recovery period- but with very high recovery rates and ever lowering re-tearing rates.

I'm not trying to convince anyone who has their mind made up. My point is; people need to start using science for what it's meant instead of "feelings"... So: get a deal and use the medical screening instead of reading a bulletin.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
An ACL injury is almost always followed by other minor injuries so that is nothing out of the ordinary. Having 2 of them actually happens quite often too. That doesn't mean we should sell Chiesa all of a sudden...

What things might be worrying? Tibia plateau fracture, relatively big knee or ankle cartillage injuries, recurring biceps femoris tears and another thousand examples that have a big risk of recurring. Is that satisfying as an answer of shall I start the endless list for you?

So yeah, far from 'nothing will ever be' because ACLs are more and more seen as a hard injury to recover from -as in a difficult and quite long rehab plus recovery period- but with very high recovery rates and ever lowering re-tearing rates.

I'm not trying to convince anyone who has their mind made up. My point is; people need to start using science for what it's meant instead of "feelings"... So: get a deal and use the medical screening instead of reading a bulletin.
Thousands of other examples,... :lol:

Conclusion of the debate if we stop at this very post i quoted: ACL's are only minor injuries in football and it's generally more recommended to overpay for a player who has already had such minor injuries on both knees one year apart from each other as he is less likely to lose any continuity or have other recurring injuries rather than looking at someone who had not yet gone through any injuries and already has continuity as he is obviously much more likely to eventually get one in the future according to science.

- - - Updated - - -

Also , bringing up Chiesa in this is a very bad example, they are not comparable at all aside from ACL's being amongst the most common of major injuries in football.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Thousands of other examples,... :lol:

Conclusion of the debate if we stop at this very post i quoted: ACL's are only minor injuries in football and it's generally more recommended to overpay for a player who has already had such minor injuries on both knees one year apart from each other as he is less likely to lose any continuity or have other recurring injuries rather than looking at someone who had not yet gone through any injuries and already has continuity as he is obviously much more likely to eventually get one in the future according to science.

- - - Updated - - -

Also , bringing up Chiesa in this is a very bad example, they are not comparable at all aside from ACL's being amongst the most common of major injuries in football.
Ooh my... 'hard injury' = 'minor injury' for you; are you having mental issues?

You can always get your application in for J medical or Roma 'though since you think you know Zaniolo's medical details to judge his situation.

I guess doctors and physios at that level just don't have your insight.

PS: I didn't mention his transfer sum or what I'd pay for him since nobody knows his fucking situation on the outside (except for you ofc)...

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Ooh my... 'hard injury' = 'minor injury' for you; are you having mental issues?

You can always get your application in for J medical or Roma 'though since you think you know Zaniolo's medical details to judge his situation.

I guess doctors and physios at that level just don't have your insight.

PS: I didn't mention his transfer sum or what I'd pay for him since nobody knows his fucking situation on the outside (except for you ofc)...
I’m sure the reason Zaniolo is still at Roma and nobody seems willing to splash big on him despite the amazing talent and potential that he has is just because of me and my own uneducated concerns regarding his fitness, as if it’s not Roma who in the first place are looking to cash in on him while they still can for about the same reasons… :lol:

Man this Zaniolo thing really brought out the worst in you… the fact you are so blinded by your fanboyism towards him that you are not even aware of the subject of the debate we are having, YES it has everything to do with the transfer fee that is being rumored and the risks that come with it when a player had 2 ACL injuries in his first couple of seasons as a pro and neither stats or continuity seem to be on his side and you then call people out as exaggerating with their posts, not even with their opinions but rather for stating plain and clear facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it’s just as likely that we are not even trying to bring him here atm as it is that we are given all the contradicting rumors and question marks so idk why you are so feisty about it. Chillax.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I’m sure the reason Zaniolo is still at Roma and nobody seems willing to splash big on him despite the amazing talent and potential that he has is just because of me and my own uneducated concerns regarding his fitness, as if it’s not Roma who in the first place are looking to cash in on him while they still can for about the same reasons… :lol:

Man this Zaniolo thing really brought out the worst in you… the fact you are so blinded by your fanboyism towards him that you are not even aware of the subject of the debate we are having, YES it has everything to do with the transfer fee that is being rumored and the risks that come with it when a player had 2 ACL injuries in his first couple of seasons as a pro and neither stats or continuity seem to be on his side and you then call people out as exaggerating with their posts, not even with their opinions but rather for stating plain and clear facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it’s just as likely that we are not even trying to bring him here atm as it is that we are given all the contradicting rumors and question marks so idk why you are so feisty about it. Chillax.
He's 22, spinny guy. Still at Roma, lol...

Now you're talking fanboyism? Not zven close. I'm just trying to point out your blindness towards injury concerns. That's literally it. You were the one bringing his transfer fee into to this, I didn't mention a number... I even said waiting 'till next season -when he'll be cheaper- would be the best idea, pal. You're really not following, right?

And if there's one thing you're not doing; it is stating facts as your projecting past injuries into the future which is pure speculation without further insight...

People who think they know it all and don't even open up for arguements (of people with more experience in it) can rally me up. And medicine does that all the time now as Dr. Google is a horrible thing. Everybody's a self-made expert nowadays.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He's 22, spinny guy.

Now you're talking fanboyism? Not zven close. I'm just trying to point out your blindness towards injury concerns. That's literally it.

The whole debate sparked around the justified concerns some of us have regarding his injury record, continuity, rumored transfer fee and ability to make an immediate impact on a team that is already packed with multiple injury prone players… Only one here who made any mention about being somewhat of an expert in this field is you, i never stated that i know everything about ACL’s or any other injuries for that matter, i just tell what i see and what i’ve seen in almost 20years of watching football is that unfortunately a large majority of players are not the same they used to be after sustaining lengthy ACL injuries and that it could completely change the trajectory of one’s career, which is something that you from your ‘science’ based analogy obviously claim to not be the case and everything should be just fine as if there is nothing to be concerned about.

Let’s just agree to disagree then as we are clearly getting nowhere with this.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you ask me, yes, only a fanboy can completely ignore 2 ACL injuries and label them as hard but eventually not so relevant to the overall fitness, trajectory and potential of a player.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The whole debate sparked around the justified concerns some of us have regarding his injury record, continuity, rumored transfer fee and ability to make an immediate impact on a team that is already packed with multiple injury prone players… Only one here who made any mention about being somewhat of an expert in this field is you, i never stated that i know everything about ACL’s or any other injuries for that matter, i just tell what i see and what i’ve seen in almost 20years of watching football is that unfortunately a large majority of players are not the same they used to be after sustaining lengthy ACL injuries and that it could completely change the trajectory of one’s career, which is something that you from your ‘science’ based analogy obviously claim to not be the case and everything should be just fine as if there is nothing to be concerned about.

Let’s just agree to disagree then as we are clearly getting nowhere with this.
No, you didn't state being an expert. You just showed your extensive knowledge about the matter by projecting his injuries into the future...

And I'm asking again; based on what? Empiric evidence of watching football for 20 years :D ? ACL operations and rehab methods have drastically changed over the last years, pal...

Please note I did NOT say it won't be a problem. I said with proper screening the risk factors can be found, evaluated, etc... So the exaggeration is exactly 'saying it will definitely or most likely be a problem' as we just don't know that.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
No, you didn't state being an expert. You just showed your extensive knowledge about the matter by projecting his injuries into the future...

And I'm asking again; based on what?
I responded already, when a player has almost as many ACL injuries as he has seasons played as a professional footballer than ofc it is fully justified to have concerns that he might end up spending more time at JMedical or on the bench than what someone who hasn’t gone through any major injuries in their career or whom have already proved to have put it past them a long time ago might eventually get to show and contribute here on the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, i feel we are just repeating ourself at this stage btw, it’s a pointless debate to continue, we will see how this pans out or if we are even trying to bring him here after all, us arguing over the logic behind it will still not change anything.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I responded already, when a player has almost as many ACL injuries as he has seasons played as a professional footballer than ofc it is fully justified to have concerns that he might end up spending more time at JMedical or on the bench than what someone who hasn’t gone through any major injuries in their career or whom have already proved to have put it past them a long time ago might eventually get to show and contribute here on the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, i feel we are just repeating ourself at this stage btw, it’s a pointless debate to continue, we will see how this pans out or if we are even trying to bring him here after all, us arguing over the logic behind it will still not change anything.
That is putting it much more mildly and therefor better imo.

Still it might also turn out to be the other way around in the end and a proper screening could even point it out beforehand. Seems to me you'd do that after a 30 - 60 mil investment.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
"#Zaniolo would reject tomorrow the offer that will be presented by #Roma to him. I believe that #Koulibaly as well will reject his extension with #Napoli. #Juventus are after the Senegalese."

[Momblano - Juventibus via @AroundJuventus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)