Nicolò Rovella (52 Viewers)

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Are we going to bring him back? How long was the lone for? Does he even want to come back?
99% yes he'll be back. The loan ends this season. don't know if he wants to come back lul.

But he is lucky for not having to go through all the mess with JJ this season. Him gaining playing time in a well-functioning newly-promoted serie A team does more good to him than sitting next to Parepiss on the bench being a painful Jihadball spectator.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Loca, fagioli and rovella for the midfield trio sounds good to me.
sassuolo would be happy with such a midfield

i like these guys but none of them would play 1000 minutes per season for any juve between 2012 and 2020. this is the perfect symptom of our downfall: the uninspiring midfield. imagine either of them scoring 10 goals per season, or assisting in double figures. not in the next 3-4 years

and don't get me wrong, i'm fine with a young italian juve and even with 6-10th place if we set our goals and budget accordingly. but expecting a team with such a midfield to win anything, or to fight for a podium place would be purely delusional, especially with a team made of alex sandro's and kean's around them

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Better get used to it because that is the caliber of player we'll get now unless Italy have a golden generation.

There are just too many clubs out there with more spending power now. Then you factor in the PL & La Liga + Bayern & PSG are more attractive destinations than us.

Thats not to mention we have a nasty habit of losing entire seasons & CL football in court rooms.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

i like these guys but none of them would play 1000 minutes per season for any juve between 2012 and 2020. this is the perfect symptom of our downfall: the uninspiring midfield. imagine either of them scoring 10 goals per season, or assisting in double figures. not in the next 3-4 years

and don't get me wrong, i'm fine with a young italian juve and even with 6-10th place if we set our goals and budget accordingly. but expecting a team with such a midfield to win anything, or to fight for a podium place would be purely delusional, especially with a team made of alex sandro's and kean's around them
So you don't think they will grow any further? I mean, Locatelli took part in the winning Euros, Fagioli has grown significantly this year and tbh so did Rovella at Monza.
It's not so easy to predict the growth trajectory, sure but it also looks like we have little choice. There has to be a good chunk of trust that they will grow. After all, every player needs to go through a similar path.

Jun 16, 2020

Im happy with those names. Is way more exiting then the midfield we had with Pirlo and last year with Allegri.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Locatelli is so fucking overrated around these parts. How many goals and assists in total has he provided since relocating to JJ?

Yes, he's decent in the defensive phase, but he lacks so much going forward; I'll have to see a lot more improvement from him in the attacking third over the next year before I can consider him untouchable or some sort of leader. I mean, even the repulsive faggy french frog has been putting up numbers - shame on you Loca.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

I never said it would rival a pirlo vidal pogba or marchisio midfield. I'd just prefer to see those 3 players than us opting to replace the likes of rabiot with washed up freebies who will ask for higher wages than these players mentioned. We have no cash, will sell players and have limited funds to replace them with big names.

For me, I'd rather invest faith in younger players..build a future for a change.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Fagioli had 3 goals - 5 assists this season in just over 2000 minutes. Could easily see him hit double figure assists and possibly double figure goals in a better functioning Juventus with a proper coach. This was his first top flite season and he’s only going to improve.

Locatelli is a major problem because the 98th percentile passer from Sassuolo seems to have evaporated and all that’s left is a defensive mid who has lost his ball skills. If he doesn’t get them back we need to replace him.

? - Rovella - Fagioli would be great if that question mark was someone like old Juve’s Vidal or Roma’s Naingollan. Or a Barella without the Inter stench. I’d love that midfield.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Fagioli had 3 goals - 5 assists this season in just over 2000 minutes. Could easily see him hit double figure assists and possibly double figure goals in a better functioning Juventus with a proper coach. This was his first top flite season and he’s only going to improve.

Locatelli is a major problem because the 98th percentile passer from Sassuolo seems to have evaporated and all that’s left is a defensive mid who has lost his ball skills. If he doesn’t get them back we need to replace him.

? - Rovella - Fagioli would be great if that question mark was someone like old Juve’s Vidal or Roma’s Naingollan. Or a Barella without the Inter stench. I’d love that midfield.
Locatelli is one of the many sufferers under allegri. Don't think he has lost skills, just had a ball and chain put on his ball bags by allegri.

Would love to see locatelli taken put of that defensive midfield role. Take the leash off.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Locatelli is one of the many sufferers under allegri. Don't think he has lost skills, just had a ball and chain put on his ball bags by allegri.
that's a pretty common (and tbh lazy) take on our players: bad because of allegri. then we conveniently forget about rabiot (8g4a league season, 11g6a in all competitions). watch him to score 20 under an attack minded modern coach like ten hag, right?

thing is that locatelli never was a goal scorer. his best g+a for a whole season is 3+4 from last year. it might be a hair better with a more attacking setup, but he's not a natural attacking player.

fagioli has the best potential in that regard, i can see him scoring double figures when he peaks in 5 years, not before that

anyway, for me a rovella, fagioli, loca midfield is underwhelming for a juventus aiming for scudetto. none of them is used to play on the left to begin with. feel free to quote me on this when we somehow miraculously have 90+ points next may, i'll be happy to admit i was wrong.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
Rabiot, despite his stats this season doesn't really improve under Allegri, case in point, what's his next club? Has he signed up for city, Madrid, Bayern etc? We should wonder why they all aren't all over his signature...

Post MVP era, all our technically gifted players didn't improve under Allegri, at best they're maintaining their skills, more often than not they somehow regressed... But looking from a broader perspective, is it any wonder that our players become like that? Allegri literally believes in "just do your own thing" to all our players when they have possession, the team has no direction beyond "hold your line of defense"... No technically gifted players, especially the younger ones would flourish under Allegri philosophy as a coach.

Rovella-fagioli (and Miretti) may not be xavi-iniesta, but they could still be Juve calibre players under the right coach with the right coaching system that doesn't say "just do your own thing" when the team is in possession.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)