Nicolò Rovella (21 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Rabiot, despite his stats this season doesn't really improve under Allegri, case in point, what's his next club? Has he signed up for city, Madrid, Bayern etc? We should wonder why they all aren't all over his signature...

Post MVP era, all our technically gifted players didn't improve under Allegri, at best they're maintaining their skills, more often than not they somehow regressed... But looking from a broader perspective, is it any wonder that our players become like that? Allegri literally believes in "just do your own thing" to all our players when they have possession, the team has no direction beyond "hold your line of defense"... No technically gifted players, especially the younger ones would flourish under Allegri philosophy as a coach.

Rovella-fagioli (and Miretti) may not be xavi-iniesta, but they could still be Juve calibre players under the right coach with the right coaching system that doesn't say "just do your own thing" when the team is in possession.
Theres no point in analyzing him.

He got found with his bullshit and a lot of idiots here and around the globe were deceived by his supposed genius. Biggest fraud in the story of italy.

I was calling it since like 6 years ago

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
that's a pretty common (and tbh lazy) take on our players: bad because of allegri. then we conveniently forget about rabiot (8g4a league season, 11g6a in all competitions). watch him to score 20 under an attack minded modern coach like ten hag, right?

thing is that locatelli never was a goal scorer. his best g+a for a whole season is 3+4 from last year. it might be a hair better with a more attacking setup, but he's not a natural attacking player.

fagioli has the best potential in that regard, i can see him scoring double figures when he peaks in 5 years, not before that

anyway, for me a rovella, fagioli, loca midfield is underwhelming for a juventus aiming for scudetto. none of them is used to play on the left to begin with. feel free to quote me on this when we somehow miraculously have 90+ points next may, i'll be happy to admit i was wrong.
We are??? For 39 years of my life juves aim was always to win a scudetto..anything else was a failure. Nowadays, I'll be happy just to finish in the top 4 and make the CL and with a bit of strategy and long term vision possibly build a team for the future that can give sustained success. Whether those 3 midfielders mentioned can give us that who really knows and time will tell. One thing is for sure, if we gap fill players and build the team around the free hazards or like around Europe then we are fucked long term.

And let's not forget money is an issue so we can't lure world class midfielders to the club.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
And let's not forget money is an issue so we can't lure world class midfielders to the club.
Not too long ago we were paying Ronaldo and that's on top of several other overpriced players with big wages as well like de ligt...

So we weren't really that poor, sure we couldn't have Galaticos squad but we could've had 2-4 WC players at that time if we bought players wisely, and that's kinda already more than enough to have a shot at CL.

Sure now the situation is far from that and 2e have to lower expectations.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not too long ago we were paying Ronaldo and that's on top of several other overpriced players with big wages as well like de ligt...

So we weren't really that poor, sure we couldn't have Galaticos squad but we could've had 2-4 WC players at that time if we bought players wisely, and that's kinda already more than enough to have a shot at CL.

Sure now the situation is far from that and 2e have to lower expectations.
We are still paying for ronaldo today 150+ euros to watch a Juve game now. Ridiculous.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Can Locatelli and Rovella coexist in a three man midfield?
I think Loca can be a decent B2B, not WC but good and more for balance. But the third needs to be creative. So it can't be Rabiot unless we want to go full-Allegri and muscle down the opposition that is sitting down there own box.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Locatelli is a DM for me. It suits him best, he does the dirty work and protects the defence well. I don't think he is creative enough to be a regista.

I agree with @U Picciriddu a 2 man mid with Rovella could work well. Given their strengths/weaknesses.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
doesn't matter who he can play with or can't play with.

the coaching will suck because the midfield will be taught back pass only. no training on tiki taka triangles, to advance forward or dribbling or long passes.

so in turn rovella will turn into antother sucky cm for juve who can't pass

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
doesn't matter who he can play with or can't play with.

the coaching will suck because the midfield will be taught back pass only. no training on tiki taka triangles, to advance forward or dribbling or long passes.

so in turn rovella will turn into antother sucky cm for juve who can't pass
How would you rate the aesthetics though? A blonde Italian is not something we see very often. Il nuovo Ambrosini.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Now that SMS is going to Saudi, give the kid a break. Do not include him in any deal ser Giuntoli.
I doubt that was ever the plan, just “guru” speculation. Rovella is too good to just be tossing into deals like that. They could sell him for a significant amount if they really wanted to. It’s time to commit to him. It’s been time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)