Nicolò Rovella (11 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
benched again vs mighty empoli. not reported injured, let's hope it's just that regaining his match fitness takes some time.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
benched again vs mighty empoli. not reported injured, let's hope it's just that regaining his match fitness takes some time.
I think it's not fitness related. The new coach seems to me a 4231 junkie and with that approach there are only two places for three holding mids: Badelj, Sturaro and Rovella.
Looks like the coach likes to have a physical mid (Sturaro) next to a technical one (Badelj). Our kid gets to play little in comparison to the previous coaches.

In one game Rovella played as the AM and he looked completely lost there.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think it's not fitness related. The new coach seems to me a 4231 junkie and with that approach there are only two places for three holding mids: Badelj, Sturaro and Rovella.
Looks like the coach likes to have a physical mid (Sturaro) next to a technical one (Badelj). Our kid gets to play little in comparison to the previous coaches.

In one game Rovella played as the AM and he looked completely lost there.
sturaro is pretty bad though. anyway, he'll miss the next round so let's see whether rovella gets his chance.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
sturaro is pretty bad though. anyway, he'll miss the next round so let's see whether rovella gets his chance.
Yeah, he is. On the other hand, he does the job defensively and has the engine to run a lot which seems to be a new paradigm for Genoa.

Rovella's competition is Badelj tho.

The whole thing doesn't mean much to me tbh. Maybe the coach prefers more experienced Badelj or maybe he knows he can't build on Rovella who will leave in a few months anyway. The squad selection is interesting to say the least: Criscito is already outside the club, Destro is a benchwarmer (their best scorer afaik) and bums like Portanova and Melegoni are starters.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Who's leading the race for a Juve shirt next season between Rovella, Fagioli, Ranocchia and Miretti? Are there any odds out there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)