Nicolò Rovella (12 Viewers)

Apr 9, 2015
Rovella is pure average shit, probably you guys didn't watch him. I don't really rate him and his physic is way tooo skinny for Serie A since he is not a good techincal footballer but more of a worker. change my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw almost all of his games, this guy is covering sooo freaking much meters a match. He is very hungry and active on the pitch, but on a technical level he is a bit of a dissapointment. I saw nothing special in him, just a really hard worker nothing more.

Jun 16, 2020
Rovella is pure average shit, probably you guys didn't watch him. I don't really rate him and his physic is way tooo skinny for Serie A since he is not a good techincal footballer but more of a worker. change my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven’t seen enough but it’s still early days tho, first year at professional level. I liked him in the few game that I saw but it isn’t enough for a clear judgement from my side. I’ll try to follow him closer this season.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Could certainly bulk up slightly from the age of 19 to around 22, but from his current size it’s not going to be a game changer.
There are many players who didn’t look great at 19 but really developed their game, that’s as much as I’ve got. It’s clearly an outside bet that he ever makes it back to play here and will probably end up as a makeweight in a future deal.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #233

- - - Updated - - -
    He's definitely a worker and likes to break up play but I think you're underrating his technical ability a little. He is tidy and has a nice passing range (a very good diagonal), good vision. Problem is he gets a little bit too involved in the niggly stuff and doesn't manage the game well. Still a bit weak, I agree.

He has to have a very good season to get near our team next season, pure numbers against him in that regard. And what happens to Fagioli?

Jul 2, 2006
    No we paid 18 for rovella, they paid 18 for our two, although there's a little more to it when you include bonuses etc. Either way, we didn't get robbed.
    it is potentially 38 million.

definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Nicolò Rovella for a consideration of € 18 million payable in three financial years; this consideration might be increased up to a maximum of € 20 million upon achievement of further performance objectives over the duration of the employment contract with the player.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #236

definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Nicolò Rovella for a consideration of € 18 million payable in three financial years; this consideration might be increased up to a maximum of € 20 million upon achievement of further performance objectives over the duration of the employment contract with the player.
    Yeah but he might not even play a minute here, it wouldn't be the first time this has happened on one of these deals.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006

Now you know why we sent him out on loan again :D

We don't know what them bonuses entail, winning champions League might be one of them, or playing more than 10 games in our scudetto win. Considering his just a bench warmer as you said, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Now as for the portanova and petrelli we have a potential to earn 5 mil each (10) in total.

I was infuriated when I first came across the figures but when then reading it properly i realised it's just one for the books.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    Everyone that is not an attacking midfielder gets called a DM here. This one is the actual DM, definitely a player with a profile that we need. Would love to stop seeing random players be converted to play in regia and instead play a natural fit there.

He looked good for Genoa and excellent for the U21 NT. Lets see how he develops this season.

To worry about the accounting of the deal is a bit pointless, Portanova and Petrelli were also overpriced in that deal, neither is half as good as Rovella currently, and he is younger than them too.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    he plays both mezzala and DM in 43-something.
    Why we try to write him off? this guy, at 18yo already plays for Italy U21, with the likes of Tonali. 1200 mins in Genoa doesnt mean he is a starter, but its not that bad anyway and when he play he usually starts the game.
    Also i wouldnt write off a player because he is small - thats the reason i didnt want Barella and look how it turned.
    We will decide on him next year, but i myself did see something special in this kid and I wouldnt be suprised if this season he will shine.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    he plays both mezzala and DM in 43-something.
    Why we try to write him off? this guy, at 18yo already plays for Italy U21, with the likes of Tonali. 1200 mins in Genoa doesnt mean he is a starter, but its not that bad anyway and when he play he usually starts the game.
    Also i wouldnt write off a player because he is small - thats the reason i didnt want Barella and look how it turned.
    We will decide on him next year, but i myself did see something special in this kid and I wouldnt be suprised if this season he will shine.
    Its a lot for a teenager. He was an important player for Genoa last season. Already played in their first game this season (coppa italia as a sub). Will likely play even more this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)