Nicolò Rovella (3 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I saw almost all of his games, this guy is covering sooo freaking much meters a match. He is very hungry and active on the pitch, but on a technical level he is a bit of a dissapointment. I saw nothing special in him, just a really hard worker nothing more.
I've seen nothing but his games against us and he seemed to be very composed on the ball.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I didn't watch the game vs inter but I saw a couple of other games and what strikes you when it comes to this kid is his calm approach and decent passing combined with some nice turns. He keeps things very simple, probably a bit too much for his abilities. On the other hand it's Genoa, passing the ball forward all the time would be pointless.

He looks much more natural as DM than let's say Bentancur, who is more of a hardworking b2b.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I didn't watch the game vs inter but I saw a couple of other games and what strikes you when it comes to this kid is his calm approach and decent passing combined with some nice turns. He keeps things very simple, probably a bit too much for his abilities. On the other hand it's Genoa, passing the ball forward all the time would be pointless.

He looks much more natural as DM than let's say Bentancur, who is more of a hardworking b2b.
Exactly, he can play nearest to the defence and you can see he is very calm with the ball. He doesnt always try forward passes but it cant be said he is slowing down their game - often tries one time passes, not the easiest ones.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015

Lol Rovella covers almost 11 kilometres per 90 minutes. That is 19th in whole Serie A!
Bentancur is in the 47th spot. He is absolute not a regista more a mezzala.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol Rovella covers almost 11 kilometres per 90 minutes. That is 19th in whole Serie A!
Bentancur is in the 47th spot. He is absolute not a regista more a mezzala.
Being a regista don't mean you can't cover ground. Pirlo use to be amongst the top in runs/ground covered per game, pjanic too for a while. Nowadays Eriksen for Inter etc. Just because you aren't a physical visibly exerting b2b midfielder, don't mean you can't cover alot of ground during a game.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #130
    No because the loan agreement is for him to play at Genoa next season. If you're asking if he's good enough to be part of the squad then I'd say yes, but he would be better with another season of playing.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #131
    Criscito: ‘Rovella similar to Jorginho’

By Football Italia staff

Rovella-2011-va-epa_5.jpg

EPA.png

Domenico Criscito says new Juventus signing Nicolò Rovella is similar to Jorginho: ‘He is in love with the ball.’

In January, Juventus signed Rovella in a swap deal with Elia Petrelli and Manolo Portanova, but the 19-year-old will end the campaign on loan at Genoa.

“I played with Jorginho in the national team and Rovella is very similar,” Criscito told Sky Sport after Genoa’s 1-1 draw against Sampdoria in the Derby della Lanterna.

“He must work on his body, but he is already doing it. He runs a lot, maybe even too much. But Nicolò is a good guy with the correct values and he is in love with the ball,”
    Criscito continued.

“Despite his age, he looks like an adult on the pitch. He seems as old as I am.

“Rovella is a smart guy, he has the vision and he always knows the right position to receive the ball.”

=================================

So we don't need Jorginho at all @Bianconero81

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)