Nicolò Fagioli (41 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
still cant understand how some here turned against him after few mistakes. Lovely player to have, he has all it takes to be a starter here for years to come and probably already is one of our best midfielders (it may not say much, but still). For so many years we were crying for a technical midfielder who can create something in attack, who would have thought we could grow one of them. Im totally bought by this guy, we should stick to the guys like him.
Miretti, might be as talented as he is, but he needs time (he is 2 years younger too), the biggest issue I have is that Allegri throws Miretti into big games, when he is clearly out of form and generally not ready.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
the shot looked quite fast, tried to calculate using youtube footage and to me it came out at a pretty impressive ~117 km/h.

anyone knows if there's somewhere data like shot speed is stored publicly? if it exists at all?

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Fagioli is good but he needs to learn not to make these risky passes when being pressured. Against a top team it could easily lead to conceding a goal.
Aside for that, I like what he is doing and he could be a very good player.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What makes you think so? Fagioli played close to 500 minutes more than Miretti.
He gave Miretti the chance first even when Fagioli had a better pre season.

Every time Fagioli have made a mistake, Max sent him to the bench.

Miretti has done nothing but average to low and he stills get chances like against Sevilla. That's why I said it, Fagioli played more, true, however Fagioli should be a starter and Miretti a third choice at most but Max decided to make him a starter in the most important game we have left in the season lol

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
still cant understand how some here turned against him after few mistakes. Lovely player to have, he has all it takes to be a starter here for years to come and probably already is one of our best midfielders (it may not say much, but still). For so many years we were crying for a technical midfielder who can create something in attack, who would have thought we could grow one of them. Im totally bought by this guy, we should stick to the guys like him.
Miretti, might be as talented as he is, but he needs time (he is 2 years younger too), the biggest issue I have is that Allegri throws Miretti into big games, when he is clearly out of form and generally not ready.
It's the way of Tuz.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He gave Miretti the chance first even when Fagioli had a better pre season.

Every time Fagioli have made a mistake, Max sent him to the bench.

Miretti has done nothing but average to low and he stills get chances like against Sevilla. That's why I said it, Fagioli played more, true, however Fagioli should be a starter and Miretti a third choice at most but Max decided to make him a starter in the most important game we have left in the season lol
Miretti isnt bad but he needs way more than Fagioli to be a force.
Fagioli is playing very well and even his defensive ability improved (although he can improve). Fagioli is a player Id invest on but Miretti... FM is usually right but IMO not this time.
He has the ability to be a sub but I see nothing more

- - - Updated - - -

And not good enough to be honest

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
bro welcome to the social media age where everything has to be immediate. Fagioli needs to be allowed to make mistakes, the difference between him making them and someone like Sandro is that Fagioli is still in his developmental phase, so those mistakes are actually good for him. Like that giveaway that led to a goal a couple weeks ago, bouncing back from that type of stuff is good for his confidence and mental strength.

I also agree about Miretti. He should've been loaned out. I still kinda hope he gets loaned out next season. He needs to play, but at a smaller club with less pressure ala Fagioli and Cremonese.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Fagioli’s great goal and good performance at least outs doubt in Allegri’s selection on Thursday night.

Imo it was clear that he was resting Miretti to potentially play him again against Sevilla. I hope this changes his mind now.

Miretti is a good young talent with clear potential but isn’t ready at all at European or even Serie A level. Needs to “make his bones” on loan at an Empoli or Salernitana for a year or two.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
So far... Bench material at a top club
I agree, at current level he's a cheap rotational option that can give some quality on the ball and some enthusiasm, but not much consistency.

but it's his first season in top flight, doesn't mean he won't improve with time and evolve into a more dependable player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)

• almo