Nicolò Fagioli (51 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why are the last 25/30 years so relevant for you? It’s doesn’t say anything about the current state of the youth
I became a Juve fan in early 1996 and that's when I started following the Juve youth too. Throughout these years, fans were expecting someone from the youth team to lead us to glory, watching other teams' youths developing into the best players in the world, winning the CL. Such player never came. Not even close.
So, I'm just bitter. Indeed the next gen is something else and it's way too early to judge it. It might produce the player(s) we've been waiting for.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
haha, you really know jack shit about our youth system

there are a few players in the 50 stars of the stadium who are products of our youth system. rossi, rava, bettega from the top of my head, and there are certainly a few others too. but The words "talent" and "Juve youth system" don't go together, right?
Flavio Emoli and Giuseppe Furino are another couple Juve youth products. Even Boniperti moved to Juve youth at 16 before making his first appearances in top flight at 19.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I became a Juve fan in early 1996 and that's when I started following the Juve youth too. Throughout these years, fans were expecting someone from the youth team to lead us to glory, watching other teams' youths developing into the best players in the world, winning the CL. Such player never came. Not even close.
So, I'm just bitter. Indeed the next gen is something else and it's way too early to judge it. It might produce the player(s) we've been waiting for.
Didn't Marchisio come close to win it? He maybe didn't score or assist much but his performance that season was worthy of a leader. Him and Tevez that year kinda carried the team in CL.

Producing bunch of great talents is difficult though. If just 1 or 2 players become permanent starter that's already great success.
I would say Messi's Barca, Ajax or MU in 90's were lucky to have some of the best talents playing at the same generation. Will be hard to replicate

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
stop strengthening alen's point
:rofl:
As if you knew who Flavio Emoli and Giuseppe Furino were before you read his post. And as if they were top players.
I'm not even sure what are we arguing here. My "never" was an obvious exaggeration. But your "50 years ago" is sad, from Juve fans' perspective. It's a fact that our youth system has failed to produce talents for a long long time. Perhaps Next Gen will change this.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Make fun of Alen all you want but nobody in the world thinks youth talent when they think of Juventus.
Alen deserves to be made fun of. Is there anyone else that watches this current Juventus and goes "ahh, Allegri is starting that useless bum Fagioli again, he's not even a youngster anymore, must be the secret lovechild of Max, Paredes should be playing instead!"?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
An okay season so far for him. Started brightly, then faded away a bit and kinda picking it up recently but Im expecting a lot more from him. He has considerable talent, eventhough physically he is somewhat lacking. And yeah discussion from the previous few pages, I also dont recall Juve producing some amazing talents, neither do we have such reputation since Ive been following this club. Marchisio was also ok, but not a world beater.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
An okay season so far for him. Started brightly, then faded away a bit and kinda picking it up recently but Im expecting a lot more from him. He has considerable talent, eventhough physically he is somewhat lacking. And yeah discussion from the previous few pages, I also dont recall Juve producing some amazing talents, neither do we have such reputation since Ive been following this club. Marchisio was also ok, but not a world beater.
How dare you.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Didn't Marchisio come close to win it? He maybe didn't score or assist much but his performance that season was worthy of a leader. Him and Tevez that year kinda carried the team in CL.

Producing bunch of great talents is difficult though. If just 1 or 2 players become permanent starter that's already great success.
I would say Messi's Barca, Ajax or MU in 90's were lucky to have some of the best talents playing at the same generation. Will be hard to replicate
For me Morata was our most instrumental player in the CL that season, then Tevez, Vidal, BBC, Pogba, Pirlo, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I dare ;)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
For me Morata was our most instrumental player in the CL that season, then Tevez, Vidal, BBC, Pogba, Pirlo, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I dare ;)
Morata and Tevez ruled the knockouts, scoring 9 out of our 10 goals there. But Marchisio was brilliant too that year. I remember Juve fans wanted to murder Conte when he called him for some Azzurri match and Marchisio got injured there, shortly before a CL knockout match.
Vidal and Pirlo didn't have a great season in 14/15, but Marchisio was excellent and he was our top assistman, together with Pogba and Tevez.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Is 2023 in year of the Lord, and Tuzzers are still allowing Alen to run a psyops on them like its the first fucking time they encountered his under the bridge persona.

He just changed the troll focus of Mckennie of last year to Fagioli seamlessly. And you just fall for it?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:shutup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Make fun of Alen all you want but nobody in the world thinks youth talent when they think of Juventus.
Of course not. We never focused on it and always bought players through the 90s and 00s. We were a top 3-5 richest club in the world then. It’s too bad that we didn’t start a bigger emphasis on our youth team and advocate for U-23 sides to develop homegrown talent earlier, immediately post-Calciopoli. We’ve started focusing on this now and only had our U-23 for just a few seasons and we’re already seeing benefits of this. We have 5 young homegrown players out of U-23 who have already made multiple appearances for us this year. Fagioli with 1400 minutes, Miretti with 1250, Soule with 400, Iling Jr with 250, Barrenechea with 150. And we have quite a few young talents in the U-23 to work into the first team and see how they do over the next couple seasons. If even 2-3 players from U-23 become regular contributors in the first team over the next couple years I’d say that’s a great success.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Wow. Someone doesn't remember Chiumiento.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
the beauty of the youth system is they dont necessarily even need to produce starters. If they could just produce players that are good enough to be backups, it would free up payroll for more bigger name guys, since theyre not wasting wages on squad players. They've at minimum done that, and it's not gonna slow anytime soon since theyre invested in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 26)