Nicolò Fagioli (13 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Thats right ,and yes it was against a trash tier team, but tha doesnt prevent our usual suspects and so called starters to do nothing still...while fagiolli just entered and did his thing like any normal capable player would do
Yep... and also, our midfielders dont pass forward even againt trash tier teams :grin:

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
He is good.
But maybe he need to work harder in training and get some more minutes againts mid-low table team to be considered as ideal rotation for arthur.

Need to be carefull with teenager with almost no experince in top level.
Especially with his role that risk much of errors can lead to goal conceded. Nowadays many fans especially big team put much pressure on players and never think twice to boom player's social media with harsh word if they made mistakes.
Not good for their mentality.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
There aren’t too many conclusions one can draw from a cameo against a bottom level team. That said, I did see some promising signs.

1. A very good first touch. He traps the ball as soon as he receives it like Arthur, and unlike Bentancur

2. What sets him apart from Arthur is that his first instinct is to look and play forward

3. He looks athletic with good acceleration and direction change

So far the signs are promising, but it’s too early to call him the saviour of our midfield.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
There aren’t too many conclusions one can draw from a cameo against a bottom level team. That said, I did see some promising signs.

1. A very good first touch. He traps the ball as soon as he receives it like Arthur, and unlike Bentancur

2. What sets him apart from Arthur is that his first instinct is to look and play forward

3. He looks athletic with good acceleration and direction change

So far the signs are promising, but it’s too early to call him the saviour of our midfield.
He reminds me of Sensi when he is not injured, nice tidy player, who can do some work in defence but mainly makes the play.
Also on t he movie, almost at the end there is a corner - he is taking it or its Berna (if its Berna why its on the movie?)? Because its taken with left foot, can he actually play with both of his feets???

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...So far the signs are promising, but it’s too early to call him the saviour of our midfield.
yeah, most of tuz called him promising and asked for more playtime. those who loved him to replace bentancur right away will call for his head after his first mistake, which is inevitable in this team.

btw the overreactions are a bit understandable. our midfield is such a mess that a homegrown player who has the clear intention of passing the ball forward and has a tidy first touch is an instant ray of hope in the world of rarely available ramseys and lethargic rabiots. arthur, who puts possession over forward passes, who never was a regular 90 minutes player (who didn't even play 10 full league/cl matches with barcelona and played 5 full matches for us), is by far our most important mid this season, and that tells you a lot. juventini are just desperate to see someone with actual talent. fagioli being italian and homegrown is just an added bonus.

:beppe::fab:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Definitely an easy game for him to shine in but it's easy to see that he is a proper player. He's got the touch and personality on the ball, that bit of swagger, and he has an effortless style. I'm not so sure about throwing him in away to Verona, but it would be a good test of his real credentials. That would be a real game against a proper team.

He's obviously going to make mistakes, at least tactical ones, and he does need to fill out a little more, but it's not hard to see why he's the most talked about youth player for some time (along with Kean).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That little 20 min cameo was enough to convince me he needs to start over Bentancur. Lol I’m actually serious. That’s how bad Rodrigo has been.

The twitter video earlier is down so got it off YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely an easy game for him to shine in but it's easy to see that he is a proper player. He's got the touch and personality on the ball, that bit of swagger, and he has an effortless style. I'm not so sure about throwing him in away to Verona, but it would be a good test of his real credentials. That would be a real game against a proper team.

He's obviously going to make mistakes, at least tactical ones, and he does need to fill out a little more, but it's not hard to see why he's the most talked about youth player for some time (along with Kean).
He isn't going to make any more or less mistakes than Rabiot or Bentancur (probably less if you ask me).

Notice his ability to see what's behind him RIGHT before he gets the ball, helps him know which way to turn and he can turn quite quickly on a dime with the ball which is a nifty little trait to have. Very similar to Arthur in that regard, shields the ball well when he turns. I hope he plays more.

And I hope we get a CM with a bit of size this summer (i.e. SMS)

- - - Updated - - -

Not the cure, for certain. But he sure can slow the rot that we are all witnessing in real time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)