Nicolò Fagioli (20 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
That’s a modric pass
Ironic you mention that and nice call .... I guess he did on that play lol.

Juventus loanee Nicolò Fagioli helped Cremonese gain a historic promotion to Serie A: “We stayed up until 5 am after the win over Como. It was an unexpected turn of events considering the standings before the final matchday. We always believed in it, and we were rewarded in the end. Scoring against Gianluigi Buffon was unforgettable. He congratulated me after the match.”

“Federico Chiesa and Alvaro Morata were the first to reach out to me. I dream to return to the Bianconeri, as I feel ready now. However, I do not know my future yet, nor Morata’s one. I want to enjoy this victory, and then there will be time to speak with the management and my agents.”

Fagioli praised the Juventus U-23 project to TuttoSport: “It is great, and I hope they will win the Serie C playoffs. Fabio Miretti and I came up together, and it would be fantastic to share the locker room with him. Seeing him in the XI was a great sign for all youngsters. Growing begins with having the right mentality. You have to be on point every day to reach important goals. This year was very formative for me because I played next to several veterans. It was one further step after featuring with the second team.”

The midfielder named his model: “My idol is Luka Modric, but I do not have his long ball. He has unique touches. I wish to come close to him. If I met him, I would ask him how he manages to be still hungry. I can play in multiple positions in the midfield. I am great at Cremonese, but staying is not just up to me. Fabio Pecchia is an excellent coach and trusted me. I hold him in high regard.”

I know you feel the same but would be a great disservice by Max not to give this kid a fair shot at making the team this summer. It's not like Juve has quality depth of mids presently, say only Loca, Zara, McKenn, and Rabiot are left this summer, even if only a backup Fagiloi would get sufficient time. Sounds like the kid has more an understanding of the game than Berna, Arthur, and Rabiot combined.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Ironic you mention that and nice call .... I guess he did on that play lol.

Juventus loanee Nicolò Fagioli helped Cremonese gain a historic promotion to Serie A: “We stayed up until 5 am after the win over Como. It was an unexpected turn of events considering the standings before the final matchday. We always believed in it, and we were rewarded in the end. Scoring against Gianluigi Buffon was unforgettable. He congratulated me after the match.”

“Federico Chiesa and Alvaro Morata were the first to reach out to me. I dream to return to the Bianconeri, as I feel ready now. However, I do not know my future yet, nor Morata’s one. I want to enjoy this victory, and then there will be time to speak with the management and my agents.”

Fagioli praised the Juventus U-23 project to TuttoSport: “It is great, and I hope they will win the Serie C playoffs. Fabio Miretti and I came up together, and it would be fantastic to share the locker room with him. Seeing him in the XI was a great sign for all youngsters. Growing begins with having the right mentality. You have to be on point every day to reach important goals. This year was very formative for me because I played next to several veterans. It was one further step after featuring with the second team.”

The midfielder named his model: “My idol is Luka Modric, but I do not have his long ball. He has unique touches. I wish to come close to him. If I met him, I would ask him how he manages to be still hungry. I can play in multiple positions in the midfield. I am great at Cremonese, but staying is not just up to me. Fabio Pecchia is an excellent coach and trusted me. I hold him in high regard.”

I know you feel the same but would be a great disservice by Max not to give this kid a fair shot at making the team this summer. It's not like Juve has quality depth of mids presently, say only Loca, Zara, McKenn, and Rabiot are left this summer, even if only a backup Fagiloi would get sufficient time. Sounds like the kid has more an understanding of the game than Berna, Arthur, and Rabiot combined.
He needs to stay, enough of this coddling bullshit, he's ready for Juve (I thought he was ready last year.) But staying also depends on the clubs ability to dump the deadwood, which could be problematic.But they need to figure it out. A guy like Arthur is already sunk cost whether he stays or not. Dont double down on that mistake by also sacrificing a talent like Fagioli. Rabiot and Zakaria are redundant, and Rabiot makes too much to be a backup, so he should leave as well. I'm neutral on McKennie, he can stay or go, but if the choice is McKennie or Miretti I'm riding with Miretti. Selling McKennie shouldn't be an issue, I'm sure hell have a solid market, especially in the premier league.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes, definitely keep. Finishing 2nd in Serie B and winning is more of a experience than fighitng for relegation in Serie A, adopting a losing mentality. Hes not Serie A tested, but it should be visible fairly early if hes cut out within his tenure here. Also, looking at Miretti and how he compares to the chumps we have, Fagioli shouldnt be considered behind in the pecking order than any current mid not named Locatelli and Zakaria.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
He gave a long interview after their promotion. Mentioned that he is ready for Serie A. Wants to come back to Juve and if he has to go on loan he prefers to remain with Cremonese. That the extension depends on the confidence given to him by Juve.

Give this kid a chance. He would have been very useful this year and if we manage to sell some players we should use him and spend that money on a top midfielder instead of singing a few average midfielders.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Exclusive interview with Ariedo #Braida, general director of #Cremonese:

- PROMOTION TO SERIE A BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT
"Yes, certainty, of my last years in this career. It was an unexpected outcome but we wanted it and fought for it with all our forces. You should never give up in life, even when everything seems lost. Whoever has desire, temperament and character, sooner or later will reach the set goals. Our initial objective was to reach the playoffs, and that objective was easily surpassed with the promotion. This gratifies the passion of Knight Arvedi, the fans who have been with us until the final game against #Como, mister #Pecchia and his staff, and the players who were able to give more than their maximum".

BIGGEST SECRET IS THE MIX BETWEEN YOUNG AND OLD PLAYERS
"It's true, it was really an optimal mix. Each component helped to get the results. The pride of seeing 4 youngsters, even if we don't own them, play in the U21 against Bosnia last March. Some of them didn't seem to be able to play, like #Fagioli who was valued by the mister who knew him well. And without forgetting #Okoli, #Carnesecchi and #Gaetano who deserve to be in Serie A. These boys are still at the beginning of their career. Their qualities are still being developed for big clubs like #Juventus and #Napoli".

DISAPPOINTED BY A PLAYER?
"Yes, #DiCarmine. Maybe also due to many injuries, he wasn't able to give his best, but it's not because of this that we put him aside. I always told Samuel to never give up, reminding him that in football whatever could not be achieved in a year could be done in one day. Having said that, who scored the two decisive goals against #Como?".

NICOLÒ FAGIOLI
"In reality, #Fagioli deserves a separate discussion. He has technical abilities that are above the norm, he is good. His talent is special and not common to many other players. But, and there is a but: he has to train, earn his spot, suffer and improve. One thing is to play in #Cremonese, another is to do it in a top club. There, there is no time, failure is not an option. To be ready, he should work harder and follow his growth path".

NEXT YEAR AT CREMONESE?
"We didn't speak with #Juventus about his future yet. In the next few days we will meet with the bianconero club to see what will happen. Right now we are still celebrating the promotion. On Saturday and Sunday we were submerged with the affection of our fans."

FAGIOLI, ZANIMACCHIA AND RAFIA STAYING?
"Let's see what we can do, if the conditions are there, through dialogue and friendship. As always, we will try to do our best. Zanimacchia? He was quiet at the beginning, but then with humility he was able to earn a starting role. He's a serious boy, he will certainly do well".

HALF A YES ABOUT WANTING THEM TO STAY?
"Yes, our aim is to work with the best young players".

[Mirko Di Natale - TuttoJuve]

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

Time for these kids to put some pressure on management instead of just doing whatever they’re told. Fagioli is ready, has been ready, and needs an opportunity. Stop coddling these talents that shit all over your senior squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)