Nicolò Fagioli (111 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There is no such thing as a guaranteed starting spot for a young player, not in Serie A at least. For that reason I can understand moving to a higher Serie B team. Besides, the likes of Insigne, Verratti and Immobile all played that season in B with Pescara around the same age. Lots of 20 year olds have.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
There is no such thing as a guaranteed starting spot for a young player, not in Serie A at least. For that reason I can understand moving to a higher Serie B team. Besides, the likes of Insigne, Verratti and Immobile all played that season in B with Pescara around the same age. Lots of 20 year olds have.
So did Jorginho, Dybala, Barella (a half season), Spinazzola (had a half career in B) and some upcoming players like Castrovilli, Tonali and Pessina. It’s not a shame, just a pity that it becomes difficult to follow his progress. Many players had a important year in Serie B.

Its important that they play and that they play at the right level. Personally I’m still a bit stuck between the idea of leaving him on loan or keeping him and hoping for a success, but 2 consecutive seasons on the bench would practically destroy him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
As long as he gets a game regularly it can only help him. Ideally in a side that isn't a relegation battler where they defend for 90 mins or get battered each week.

Serie B is a level up from what he was playing last season, so is a natural step in his development.

If he is not going to get game time here then a loan is a better option than sitting on the bench.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think he will do great there, the coach know him really well. There is so much young players on loan too from Atalanta there so it will be a good mix and they will try to get a better finish than last season or maybe go to playoff or promotion

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Romeo said some weeks ago that there were offers from Serie A, but we are only open to listening if they offer him a guaranteed place in the starting line up. That does make sense.

Anyway would be sad if he leaves on loan.
Maybe they didn’t want a repeat of what happened to Hans at Parma before his injury. If they’re gonna loan Fagioli out a guaranteed starting spot makes sense. It just sucks because he’s a better regista than anyone not named Locatelli on the roster. And you know they’re gonna be begging for him to come back in January when Ramsey is on the shelf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 23, Guests: 72)