Nicolò Fagioli (102 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Needs to get some muscles. He gets shrugged off the ball easily. I like the guy and I hope he improves his physique a bit. In todays football it is essential, unless you are Pirlo. Id like to see him in regista role, might suit him more.
What about modric and barella? You can already see his impact on our performances he is miles ahead above somebody like miretti.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
idk how you can make an argument that physique is "essential" in todays football when there are so many examples that suggest otherwise, including Fagioli himself. Does it help? Sure. Is it essential though? Nah.

Anyways, just look at the first action in that highlight vs Freiburg, the back heel to Cuadrado. Fagioli is the one knocking the guy off the ball, not the other way around. He's never gonna be a guy that consistently does that though, so I think its more important that he maintains his flexibility, speed, and durability.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I hope we do not bulk him up tbh.
Yeah, I dont think he should bulk up but it is an issue when he falls down just by seeing a shadow of opponent. It happened in our half as well, he would get bullied and lost the ball. I saw people mentioning Cudrado and Di Maria but those players are quick and can use pace to run away from opposition. He isnt as fast them. Just a bit of mucle tone to stand his ground.

- - - Updated - - -

idk how you can make an argument that physique is "essential" in todays football when there are so many examples that suggest otherwise, including Fagioli himself. Does it help? Sure. Is it essential though? Nah.

Anyways, just look at the first action in that highlight vs Freiburg, the back heel to Cuadrado. Fagioli is the one knocking the guy off the ball, not the other way around. He's never gonna be a guy that consistently does that though, so I think its more important that he maintains his flexibility, speed, and durability.
Ofc it is unless you are once in generational talent like Pirlo or Modric. Modern football requires good physique. This is what will separate him from being talented player with potential to someone who will be protagonist in most games for us. I hope for the latter but the jury is still out. It is to early too join the hype train and I understand why Max rotates him a lot. Hes still getting reasonable playing time though.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Well if he moves further back to playmaking role and if he indeed has a good eye for a pass and is quick to make decisions, then sure. But in B2B role he will need more strength.

- - - Updated - - -

basically what he should do is watch videos of xavi every day.

no i am not joking
Shorter player with lower center of gravity. Xavi was considerably more difficult to knock to the ground. He could just protect the ball like a very few other players Ive seen.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Yeah, I dont think he should bulk up but it is an issue when he falls down just by seeing a shadow of opponent. It happened in our half as well, he would get bullied and lost the ball. I saw people mentioning Cudrado and Di Maria but those players are quick and can use pace to run away from opposition. He isnt as fast them. Just a bit of mucle tone to stand his ground.

- - - Updated - - -
Cuadrado is the equivalent of lying on the ground

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Some of his touches are superb. There was a control and turn he did in the middle of the park under pressure early on that was brilliant.

Nice assist for Rabiot and his work rate was excellent.

His yellow card was also ridiculous.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 93)