Nicklas Bendtner (13 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Every Arsenal fan I've spoken to speaks quite highly of him surprisingly! They reckon he wasn't really given a good chance and was often played out of position, think he could do very well in Italy.
Your Arsenal friends were either taking the piss, or being extremely sarcastic. My Arsenal friends here, particularly one Bulgarian, are glad to see the back of him, and sincerely hope he does well enough for us to buy him and get him off their wage bill :D

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
For some reason Bendtner has a bad reputation - Yes he fucks up but who doesn't? And killing a pigeon with a free kick doesn't help either but he's a decent player.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I really think he knows, its a very good chance, to show that he isn't an eternal talent, but can mature to become a great striker. He will have to work hard, but I think the Italian League and its style suits him well and his heading abbility with the service of our midfield, he can score some...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The fact that Marotta is admitting he failed to sign the player we were really after and admitting that Bendnter was bought only because we want to complete a squad is somehow comforting. Comforting in the sense that he is not trying to sell us bullshit but not comforting in the sense that there is no reason why he won't fail to deliver once again.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The more I watch the videos you guys put here the more I come to think he cannot be that bad. Look those at goals, moves. Matri and Quag never ever pull such things. What I like about him is when he gets the ball he actually goes for the goal. Some may say he's selfish but striker has to shoot. There were already strikers with domain 'shoot first, think later' who succeeded. Well I don't know what to think. I can't wait to see him, there's a chance the guy might surprise me unlike Quag and Matri who I'm fed up with already.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
people here are severely overreacting to this move - sure with all the promises of a big-name player, signing Bendtner on loan must have felt like a cold shower but this guy has always had great potential and came close to realizing it at Arsenal before things took a turn for the worse for his career. Who knows, maybe Juve could turn out to be the right place for him ... all in all, with this being a loan move, this is a low risk, high potentail reward move.

I for one was hoping you guys would spend 25 mil on that useless tree-trunk Llorente only to see him look dazed and confused in the midst of Serie A defensive tactics - most likely scenario, really, no joke - but fucking Bilbao turned out to be way too inflexible and stupid not to cash in on him now ... fucking newbies :p

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
It IS true regarding him being played out of position a lot at Arsenal. He was played wide on the left (like RVP early on) in the Henry spot because he's mobile and can cut decently in and use his right foot. But he's simply not technically proficient enough to be played as anything other than a mobile target man.

He probably would have gotten more goals to his name if played consistently in the middle of the attack at Arsenal. But that still doesn't make him a top club striker at all in my opinion.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
One thing is for sure, Arsene wenger will "not" let one of his young players leave that cheap unless he really thinks that there is no hope for the guy.

I can't really remember "ever" wenger letting a young player leave for cheap and that player turned out to be great......

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
The guy is defintely better in the air than Matri and much stronger, who knows he might score some goals.At least against Pescara and the likes.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
im over my initial disappointment and rationale an reasoning has shone through. we failed to land any of the players we wanted for reasons peculiar to eac case..bendtner was loaned to bulk up attacking options..not really as our go to guy...fingers an toes crossed that at least 2 of matri/bendy/quaggy comes good. in january maybe quag will be sold and a real top striker becomes available..so, im okay with bendnter and have a feeling he'll produce here..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)