Nicklas Bendtner (12 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Don't care about infraction, Bendtner is a sack of shit. Instead of getting this cuntbag we might as well just start with Boakye or Bonatini in the CL matches :tup:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Is he going to be ready for Udinese? on the bench?

---------------------------------------

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/joey-barton-nicklas-bendtner-and-the-inflated-ego-xi/

Forward – Nicklas Bendtner

Did you know the Danish phrase, 'to do a Bendtner’ was coined for the rare occasion someone taking a self-perceived competency exam scores so high the I-think-I’m-great-o-meter used to measure the test explodes. Hopefully one day Nicklas will fulfil some of his undoubted potential but comments like 'If you ask me if I am one of the best strikers in the world, I say yes’ only convince people if Nick was only half as good as he thought he was he’d be better than both the Laudrup brothers put together.

Ego Rating: Nicklas Bendtner The byword in self-confidence. Bendtner believes in himself more than Clement Attlee believed in the NHS.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Not obnoxious. It's the truth. They act as though they can continue spending and there is no consequence and some on here especially cronios would have Juve spend it's treasure just to appease them. Sorry if the truth hurts
you have absolutely no idea what happened and i never said we had to spend more money, rather than spend what we did more wisely.
Actually my man point of criticism is that we waste money...
if you consider money wasting and look at our sales and how much money Marotta wasted you would understand...
it seems that i am one of the very few members worrying about that, so try dont lecture me on that!

I can think of many nationalistic jokes to insult you for things you havent done, but lets keep it civilized shall we?

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 11:06 ----------

My thoughts on Bendtner:

Pro
- Very mobile for someone who is 6'5"
- Uncommon touch and control for someone that size
- Useful in the air
- Has done better with Denmark than he has at Arsenal

Con
- Average finisher at best
- Thinks he is better than what he is - whether he buys into Conte's philosophy remains to be seen
- Off field activities, which should decrease with less of a pisshead culture in Italy

Overall he could be useful if he comes with the right attitude. We don't have a striker like him, and for a fourth choice attacker on loan he's not bad at all.

For people expecting a striker of a much higher current standing obviously he's very disappointing.
So our typical Amauri-esque CF, who is more of a dribbler, rather than a finisher, huh??
Thats really bad, regardless of quality then... thats not what we needed, we can find this on most of our options upfront...

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
TBH, I'm just happy to have a No.9 that actually has height/aerial ability. We're not exactly Barcelona so half our game is still long balls, crosses etc Now we can actually take corners and aim for someone other than Chiellini.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Falcao will go to City or PSG and will have a monsterous contract for the next 5-6 years. If he doesn't, he's an idiot.

Dec 31, 2008
“Bendtner isn’t a bad player per se, but he won’t allow the team to make that step up in quality,” argued Tacchinardi on Sky Sport Italia.
“He’s certainly a decent striker, but as a fan I’d have preferred to see a different forward join Juventus.”
His former teammate Vialli was more generous towards the ex-Gunner.
“I’d give Juve eight out of ten for their transfer strategy, as really top players were too expensive to buy. The Bianconeri got Kwadwo Asamoah and Mauricio Isla, who in terms of quality compared to cost are the bargains of the summer.
“At times Bendtner can seem like a phenomenon, as he has great self-belief and tries very difficult moves. In Italy he can make the most of his courage and physicality, but if he wants to stand out for his quality, then he’s chosen the wrong League.
“I believe Antonio Conte will know how to use him best. Besides, even without a top player in attack, Juve can still win the Scudetto again.
“This will be a Champions League year for them to gain experience ahead of nextseason.”

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Carrera:

(The question of a British journalist in the audience, ed) It's clear that Bendtner was not the first choice of Juventus. What do you expect from him?
"We have certainly seen the tapes, it is a player's area, a player who is good technically, so it might be a viable solution, an alternative to our game."

Doesn't really look like he's going to start a lot of matches for us.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Carrera:

(The question of a British journalist in the audience, ed) It's clear that Bendtner was not the first choice of Juventus. What do you expect from him?
"We have certainly seen the tapes, it is a player's area, a player who is good technically, so it might be a viable solution, an alternative to our game."

Doesn't really look like he's going to start a lot of matches for us.

Exactly. People here are all asking "OMG, what was Marotta's thinking, he must be an idiot, it makes no sense to go from RVP to Bendtner, where is our top striker" bla, bla, bla.

But what Carrera said ise exactly how I see Bendtner. He won't be a starter for us, he wasn't bought to be the top player, he won't be the star of our attack.

THere was simply no top striker on the market we could get. People think that buying a player is as easy as in FM. Clubs are not stupid to let go of their best players without a fight or at least without getting the best pssible deal for him, so it's ridiculous to say that we should have bought Jovetić in July or Džeko, etc. If reports are to believed, we tried for Jovetić, Fiorentina didn't want to let him go annd convinced him to stay. Even if they were willing to sell him, I doubt they would have done it in July, instead of waiting to see what the best offer is.

Džeko couldn't be sold because Mancini didnt want to, they don't actually need to sell him, they have a 4th striker who scored 15 league goals last season, which other club has that? They didn't bring anybody in to replace him, he didnt fight to much to be sold so the status quo was kept.

LLorente was a good option, but in the end Athletic proved to be unreasonable and nothing could be done there. RVP cost a huge amount of money and on a huge contract. Anyobody who thinks we could have gotten Higuain is smoking some strong shit. That left players like Lebanowski or Damiao who are not top quality but would cost 20-25 mil € and would take away the money for the top striker.

On top of all this, the fact is that we are to leasst attractive package to players, and that they would choose other leagues before us.

Bendtner was brought in to be an alternative, to give us one more option in attack, to provide variety so we can have tactical flexibility and try different things if Plan A isn't working.

He came on a free loan and wil probably not be bought. Even if he is, he will be bought as a sub.

People were asking for Marotta not to buy anything if we cant get a top striker. If they were happy getting noone, how can they be unhappy getting another option for nothing? Basically, we have the same attack as last year with Gio coming in for Ale and bendtner for Boriello.

The top striker simply wasn't there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)