Nicklas Bendtner (4 Viewers)

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Just finished seeing his interview in the Juventus website, and my first impression of him was that he seem genuinely humble to be at Juve. I don't know if it was just an act but it seems that he understands that he's been given an opportunity of a lifetime. If he does have a "next level" of play and that's a big IF I think Conte is the right man to unleash his true potential.

With that said I don't like this signing at all, but now that he's ours I wish him nothing but good luck.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Nicklas Bendtner.

After being discovered despite Arsène Wenger’s notoriously poor eye for youth, Bendtner was signed by Arsenal in the summer of 2004, before making his first team debut in 2005. Not wanting to offend Thierry Henry who could feel the young Dane breathing down his neck just ready to snatch his starting spot, Wenger lent out Bendtner to Birmingham City from 2006 to 2007. There, in 42 appearances, he scored a massive 11 goals.
He then returned to Arsenal, and a lot has happened since, but I’ll give you the Cliffs Notes version. Basically, he came back, and completely dominated the EPL from day 1, winning countless (no really, we can’t count them) trophies for the storied London-based squad. Meanwhile, Arsenal had some other striker, I don’t really remember what his name is, but I think he’s Belgian or Dutch or something. Now that I think about it, his was Rob Van Damm or something. Anyway… Wenger feared losing Van Damm, so he eventually again lent him out to Sunderland, where he finally broke out, showing just how deadly he can be with 8 goals in 28 games. It would be that year when Zlatan Ibrahimovic would famously say that his biggest-ever honor was earning the nickname “The Old Bendtner.”
And now, yet another one of Wenger’s biggest mistakes this time stands to be our gain. Imagine that: allowing one of the best, young players on the face of the Earth leave on loan with a paltry right of redemption fixed at seven figures. This at the age of 24, where he’s just ready to win countless Ballon d’Ors. Once again Arsène you’ve proven to be a fool, inept at judging young talent. But whatever. As they say: “one man’s famished while another celebrates Festivus”. But I digress.
Aside from what he can obviously offer on the pitch, Nicklas Bendtner undoubtedly fits in with lo stile Juve. After what was a tumultuous summer involving betting scandals, Bendtner can provide a calming, non-confrontational, soothing presence to the squad. Always known for his good relationships with his teammates, Bendtner received accolades from UEFA for his show of support for his favorite charity, St. Patrick’s foundation, at Euro 2012.
But all of this talent would mean nothing if the lad were too cocky. I’ve always thought it important that in order to be successful, one has to have a ability to know his or her limitations, so that they have the motivation to work harder and overcome them.
According to his Wikipedia page:

Known for his extreme self-confidence, Bendtner once received a confidence rating that exceeded the scale in a test carried out by an Arsenal psychologist. The psychologist ranked his results from one to nine. Bendtner scored 10.

Massively talented AND humble? Sign me up.

And conscientious? You betcha. When he was famously handed Arsenal’s storied # 52 shirt — a number with a level of significance at Emirates Stadium comparable to the # 5 at Real Madrid, # 7 at Manchester United and, of course, # 10 at Juventus — he famously offered to pick up the tab for any fan who needed a switch in replica number.

Before the season starts, I wanted to change my squad number from 26, which I’ve obviously had for a number of seasons. I chose to move to 52 because it’s a special number to me personally, and I hope that it brings me good luck for the new season. I appreciate that a good number of fans have bought their kits for 2009–10 already with names and numbers printed up so I’d like to personally cover the cost of replacing anyone’s shirt that has my previous number. It means a lot to see supporters wearing your name and number, and I want to ensure people aren’t inconvenienced by the change.
It is believed that this single act of altruism cost him a whopping ₤ 115.00. The two fans he reimbursed were absolutely elated. In an era where the biggest superstars in sports are often believed to be spoiled prima donnas, out of touch with the tifosi, his example is one which should serve as a model to us all.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen: the jigsaw puzzle is complete.

Grazie, Beppe.
Via JuventiKnows :rofl: :rofl:

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Just finished seeing his interview in the Juventus website, and my first impression of him was that he seem genuinely humble to be at Juve. I don't know if it was just an act but it seems that he understands that he's been given an opportunity of a lifetime. If he does have a "next level" of play and that's a big IF I think Conte is the right man to unleash his true potential.

With that said I don't like this signing at all, but now that he's ours I wish him nothing but good luck.
This may well be correct. Bendtner has a reputation of being a primadonna in Denmark, but in reality I believe he is just a young man looking to find his way after being carried through from a young age do to his immense talent. Things apparently started sliding for him when he was supposed to step up on a young Arsenal team absent any real leaders after offloading Vieira, Henry, Pirès etc. He won't have that problem at Juve. There is no need to step up and take charge as we already have leaders in place.

On the pitch he is slightly reminiscent of Zlatan. Has a big body, better technique than given credit for and likes to drift wide. I'm sure Conte will tell him to be more of a presence in the box, though. At least I hope so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)