Nick Against the World (6 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Bin Laden openly stated that America was a bunch of cowards after the USS Cole attack. Since Clinton didnt retaliate, Bin Laden saw this as a weakness, which prompted the idea of the Sept 11 attacks...

Remember, ALL the planning and recon work was done on Clinton's watch, not Bush's

Dont believe me Zlatan, then get a hold of Bin Laden's speeches from the past 5 years and read them like I did

The only way that the terrorism MIGHT stop is if we get out of Saudi Arabia all together, for our fundalmentalist muslim "friends" want the US off their holy land

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm afraid that Vinny might have a point. If terrorists see that we don't care about their actions, the logical thing they would do is raise the scale of attack. Thats what they did on 9/11. Now if we go into a dormant state, they will want to make an even bigger impression than before in their next attack, thus trying to start this cycle of terror all over again. The more and more I look at it, there seems to be no solution at all.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I'm afraid that Vinny might have a point. If terrorists see that we don't care about their actions, the logical thing they would do is raise the scale of attack. Thats what they did on 9/11. Now if we go into a dormant state, they will want to make an even bigger impression than before in their next attack, thus trying to start this cycle of terror all over again. The more and more I look at it, there seems to be no solution at all.

an eye for an eye and the whole world will be blind

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Bin Laden openly stated that America was a bunch of cowards after the USS Cole attack. Since Clinton didnt retaliate, Bin Laden saw this as a weakness, which prompted the idea of the Sept 11 attacks...
So then Mr. Bush went and invaded IRAQ which had nothing to due with Bin Laden all just for a "show of power!" killing thousands in the process.
Answer these, how has this made us better than them?
How has this reduced the number of terrorists?
How will this make the USA safer?

PS The main reason for the war is oil. As soon as the bombed stopped dropping, the oil was pumped well before the people got medical aid, electricity, clean water...
True, we need to expand our resources, but this should not come at the expense of innocent lives.

Remember, ALL the planning and recon work was done on Clinton's watch, not Bush's
Yes.... So what does Bush do?.. mess it up some more and make more people hate us.

Dont believe me Zlatan, then get a hold of Bin Laden's speeches from the past 5 years and read them like I did

The only way that the terrorism MIGHT stop is if we get out of Saudi Arabia all together, for our fundalmentalist muslim "friends" want the US off their holy land
Let's get some facts straight:

1. The extremists (Not the government) are NOT the US's friends. The Saudi government itself is under attack from these extremists.

2. It all goes back to the US's support for Israel.

The very few who want all westerners out WILL NOT GET ANY SUPPORT FROM ANYONE (not even in opinion) if the USA stopped throwing Billions of dollars to Israel every year.

It's a messy situation and you mustn't generalize.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

What does that have to do with anything discussed here? Obviously terrorism started before 9/11, nobody denies that.

Maybe so that Kerry will have a better image, but bastard terrorists don't care about that. Like I said before, they will always find a reason to hate us, no matter what we do. From the first World Trade Center bombing to 9/11, its obviously a problem which has started before the Bush era.

They wont be able to find a reason if there is none. You think they kill just for killings' sake? That they would invent reasons to attack the US? I personaly doubt it.

You're a communist Zlatan? :shocked:
No. I'm a Tito-ist.

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Just kinda wondering why my posts are consistently ignored. Was there just nothing worth debating or?
Nope, nothing.

++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

OK, who do you want to retaliate aginst then? Pakistan? Iran? Syria? Egypt? Take a pick.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

They wont be able to find a reason if there is none. You think they kill just for killings' sake? That they would invent reasons to attack the US? I personaly doubt it.
Even the bastard Bin Laden himself doesn't have a feasable explaination to commit terrorist acts. So yes a lot of terrorists kill for killings' sake. That's the reason they are actually called terrorists Tito. :rolleyes:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Even the bastard Bin Laden himself doesn't have a feasable explaination to commit terrorist acts. So yes a lot of terrorists kill for killings' sake. That's the reason they are actually called terrorists Tito. :rolleyes:
Please don't get offended by this Andy, but you're brainwashed by, the pure good vs. pure evil, super hero type world that entertainment has filled us with.
The world is not black and white.

BL's terror acts can't be justified, but to think that his motive is just to spill blood, then I'd say that you are wrong. He has some goals that I agree with (stopping Israeli terror) and others that I dont agree with (to remove all forgeiners from the Arabian paninsula), however, his means for acheiving this is something that I'm totaly against. You can't kill people to make a point.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Please don't get offended by this Andy, but you're brainwashed by, the pure good vs. pure evil, super hero type world that entertainment has filled us with.
The world is not black and white.

BL's terror acts can't be justified, but to think that his motive is just to spill blood, then I'd say that you are wrong. He has some goals that I agree with (stopping Israeli terror) and others that I dont agree with (to remove all forgeiners from the Arabian paninsula), however, his means for acheiving this is something that I'm totaly against. You can't kill people to make a point.
Yeah I understand that Majed, but the main purpose of flying planes into buildings is first and foremost to kill innocent people. The difference between the US Government and terrorists is we try to limit the casualties of civilians, not maximize it.
The purpose of 9/11 was to kill innocent Americans and hurt us economically, both incredibly evil and heinous acts. To make an arguement against that fact is completely outrageous. Therefore, its not friggin justifiable.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Yeah I understand that Majed, but the main purpose of flying planes into buildings is first and foremost to kill innocent people. The difference between the US Government and terrorists is we try to limit the casualties of civilians, not maximize it.
The purpose of 9/11 was to kill innocent Americans and hurt us economically, both incredibly evil and heinous acts. To make an arguement against that fact is completely outrageous. Therefore, its not friggin justifiable.
Yes.. that's what he wanted, but his main goal goes way beyond killing innocent people Andy...

I understand that Bush didn't go to Iraq just to kill either and i'm sure the soldiers want to "minimize" casualties. Bush is there for the oil. However whether he wants to "minimize" casualties is or not, innocent people are still dying.. look at the numbers... around 4,000 lives from the 9-11 attacks and more than triple that amount in the Iraq invasion (and counting..)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Yes.. that's what he wanted, but his main goal goes way beyond killing innocent people Andy...

I understand that Bush didn't go to Iraq just to kill either and i'm sure the soldiers want to "minimize" casualties. Bush is there for the oil. However whether he wants to "minimize" casualties is or not, innocent people are still dying.. look at the numbers... around 4,000 lives from the 9-11 attacks and more than triple that amount in the Iraq invasion (and counting..)
Main Goal huh? Which is killing all the infidels (Americans/Christians) who Bin Dueshbag hates, right Majed? Very feasable.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Main Goal huh? Which is killing all the infidels (Americans/Christians) who Bin Dueshbag hates, right Majed? Very feasable.
common Andy...If his only goal was to kill infidels (which means non-muslims actually not your narrow definition):
1. He would go for easier targets and kill even more. Targets that are closer to him (assuming he's in Afghanistan) geographically. There are Christians all over Africa, there are Hindus and Budhists by the million in India and China respectively.
2. He would have not gone for buildings with so many different people inculding many Muslims.

common Andy, ... you said it earlier. His goal was to hurt us economically so that we won't be as influential in world affairs.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Bin KLaden wants 4 million Americans dead, thats what he had stated, for all of the "crimes" we have committed against his version of Islam

Of that 4 million, he dont give a rats ass if its women and children......

Majed, if Israel gives the Palestinians all the land in the world, it wont change the hatred. They will still fight with Israel. It will never end.......

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thats for sure.

And Majed its obvious that his main objective (or one of them) is to kill Americans. Is that so hard to see? Stop trying to deny that Bin Laden wants to kill Americans. That's his top priority!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, I just got back from my nephew's first birthday party, and it was excellent. What a beautiful, beautiful little boy. My pride and joy. i went way overboard on presents. that's nothing, wait till Christmas.

And then i come home and turn on the Niners-rams, and my niners are absolutely terrible. They might not win a single game all year.

sorry if i'm trying to change the subject, but i thought we already had a terrorism thread in the off-topic section.

my bad.

Also watched a tape of the Trinidad-Mayorga fight last night. there needs to be a Trinidad-Hopkins rematch ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)