Nick Against the World (8 Viewers)

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
Jan 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I hate them because they have many fans over here who don't even know who David Pizzaro is. These same fans don't think much of the Serie A, and ESPN compensates them by showing English matches all the time. I also hate the slanted commentary towards the English and the post match reports that consist of Man United and David Beckham information. It just ticks me off with the amount of coverage they get, about 90% of everything is either English football in general or Man United. Too much of the same thing can really piss you off sometimes.

I also don't like the brand of football they play (sometimes) but thats another story.
The EPL suits Americans though. Can you blame them for not liking the 'boring' Serie A? EPL suits what Americans want.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Blandest ] ++

The EPL suits Americans though. Can you blame them for not liking the 'boring' Serie A? EPL suits what Americans want.
Of course I can't blame them for liking the EPL, but I can blame them for not being open minded about the other football out there. Manchester United is not the only club in the world.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Andy, Setanta Sport is showing Juve-Real on same day delay. You can call them at 1-415-546-1022 and ask if any bars in your area have ordered the match. If you have any Irish or English pubs in your area, that would be your best bet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Andy, Setanta Sport is showing Juve-Real on same day delay. You can call them at 1-415-546-1022 and ask if any bars in your area have ordered the match. If you have any Irish or English pubs in your area, that would be your best bet.
My former coach owns an Irish Pub, might as well give him a call too.

Thanks for the advice Pado.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Blandest ] ++
You have italian-american newspapers? :howler:

Cant you just read the american ones like everyone else?

I think in every country where there is a decent concentration of xpats with the same nationality such newspapers exist, maybe you cannot understand this as you have not lived outside your country.

Think Brits in India, I am sure they have a newspaper and there is many more to be mentioned.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I hate them because they have many fans over here who don't even know who David Pizzaro is. These same fans don't think much of the Serie A, and ESPN compensates them by showing English matches all the time. I also hate the slanted commentary towards the English and the post match reports that consist of Man United and David Beckham information. It just ticks me off with the amount of coverage they get, about 90% of everything is either English football in general or Man United. Too much of the same thing can really piss you off sometimes.

I also don't like the brand of football they play (sometimes) but thats another story.
you know its the same here,just our case is with spanish teams.

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
Jan 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

I think in every country where there is a decent concentration of xpats with the same nationality such newspapers exist, maybe you cannot understand this as you have not lived outside your country.

Think Brits in India, I am sure they have a newspaper and there is many more to be mentioned.
I have lived outside my country. Just never came across such a thing before. Not really something to laugh at I guess, made me laugh though for some reason. Apologies.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

I want to see our boys win the Scudetto at least once in my life. :down:
You could, like, buy a DVD where they have the games and the celebrations, just like there are ones for the Red Sox, Patriots, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)