Nick Against the World (108 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm probably the contrarian here, but I think Toni is going to be underwhelming. Changing teams and countries, he's going to go back to his form before his last season at Serie B Palermo (more like his days at Brescia) -- possibly earning more respect in the NT than he will in Munich.

Maybe not quite pulling a Sheva, but I think Sheva is a more accurate comparison than Müller.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
actually i think that if bayern pull off teh signings of ribery and another winger and they pump balls into the box he will enjoy great success.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
actually i think that if bayern pull off teh signings of ribery and another winger and they pump balls into the box he will enjoy great success.
I think you have to buy a little into the Inter school of club development to believe that. Not that Bayern has any of the organizational dysfunctions of Inter, but this isn't tennis -- it's football. A team sport. And there's a great temptation to presume the law of superposition -- that you can mix and match variables (players) and their collective powers will always be additive.

Teamwork and chemistry still count for a ton. Just look at the WC and Euros of the past several years, where all the big names mostly fell short of their endorsement contract promises.

Expectations will be high. But success requires more than just good players in their own right.

Apr 12, 2004
http://www.schindler-shop.com/shop/...oduct&cat1=10&man=&cat2=&productId=58&search=

nah jacket its quality...had it for a while and nearly creamed my pants when i first saw it
That is hot, but do you know the one I am talking about? It is a black hoodie and has his face and just says, "Player" under his pic wearing a pinstripe suit, its off the chain.
I'm probably the contrarian here, but I think Toni is going to be underwhelming. Changing teams and countries, he's going to go back to his form before his last season at Serie B Palermo (more like his days at Brescia) -- possibly earning more respect in the NT than he will in Munich.

Maybe not quite pulling a Sheva, but I think Sheva is a more accurate comparison than Müller.
Well of course, I think Mueller is the best to have ever lived.
Nah, that is not how we play. We are posession through the middle type of team with short passes and slow play. We don't use the wings too awful much.
I think you have to buy a little into the Inter school of club development to believe that. Not that Bayern has any of the organizational dysfunctions of Inter, but this isn't tennis -- it's football. A team sport. And there's a great temptation to presume the law of superposition -- that you can mix and match variables (players) and their collective powers will always be additive.

Teamwork and chemistry still count for a ton. Just look at the WC and Euros of the past several years, where all the big names mostly fell short of their endorsement contract promises.

Expectations will be high. But success requires more than just good players in their own right.
:tup:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
thought you were talking about this one
that is hot:agree: but not a patch on the one i bought

nah i agree with you in principle and was not expecting bayern to start humping the ball forward to the big guy, toni is very good at holding the ball up and laying it off. however i thought if they got the wingers going toni could becme bayern's Drogba......just a thought

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It took so damn long to load this page that I forgot what I wanted to post. Sorry.
I'm currently performing an experiment. I just submitted a response to this post, and I am now waiting to see what appears first: this post or Rainforest Liu telling us that Fabio Cannavaro just lifted the WC2006-winning trophy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)