Nick Against the World (44 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not quite sure how to take that, young squire. I refuse to be all up in arms over someone who, at the end of the day, decided to resign. Good luck to him at Lyon, where I feel is where he wanted to be when all is said and done anyway.

If you look at it from his point of view, anything that he would have been able to do next year at Juventus short of winning the Scudetto or qualifying for the CL would be construed as a huge letdown in comparison to bringing the team back to Serie A in one season.

If he does indeed take the Lyon job, then he has done what countless other managers have. He struck while the iron was hot. His value right now has never been higher.
Exactly. This mass hysteria is ridiculous and absolutely pathetic. People are condemning the board without having a clue of what is going on. The only thing we know for sure is that Deschamps quit. And even if he didn't get the players he wanted, he still quit. He wasn't fired, he wasn't a victim.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't know if some of you know the inner workings behind closed doors of businesses, and football is clearly a business. The line between "fired" and "resigned" can be a very narrow one. I've been managing departments at businesses for years... I know this firsthand.

The one thing that puts this in favor of Juve's board is that they clearly seem surprised by DD's move. That said, there are volumes to be written on the topic of "managing out" -- i.e., you create an environment of failure, conflict, or misery for someone else where they have little choice but to leave.

I don't believe the Juve board went that far. But the fact that DD did resign just at the beginning of a possible Serie A campaign -- after what he personally went through and fumed about when Capello was first named coach and what he did to take on a Serie B club -- makes me terribly suspicious that something stinks really bad in the Juve board. Personal politics, bad ideas about football, what have you. This is a sign of dysfunction.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
@ Bozi - that is the hottest Tranny going. Speaking of going . . . I'm going to fap.

@ Burke - I remember that big dick pic. I can't believe you saved it.

But more importantly, anyone have a clue as to who will be coaching our squad fo the last two matches? I was really hoping that, with 1st place now secured, we would see 90 minutes of Giovinco and see what he can really do. Maybe Secco will lead the troops :p

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I don't know if some of you know the inner workings behind closed doors of businesses, and football is clearly a business. The line between "fired" and "resigned" can be a very narrow one. I've been managing departments at businesses for years... I know this firsthand.

The one thing that puts this in favor of Juve's board is that they clearly seem surprised by DD's move. That said, there are volumes to be written on the topic of "managing out" -- i.e., you create an environment of failure, conflict, or misery for someone else where they have little choice but to leave.

I don't believe the Juve board went that far. But the fact that DD did resign just at the beginning of a possible Serie A campaign -- after what he personally went through and fumed about when Capello was first named coach and what he did to take on a Serie B club -- makes me terribly suspicious that something stinks really bad in the Juve board. Personal politics, bad ideas about football, what have you. This is a sign of dysfunction.
damnit...we need Don Luciano Moggi to straighten this whole thing out :D

He'll make everyone an offer they can't refuse !!

all kidding aside, I wouldnt be upset if we got Moggi back to handle management and transfers

Apr 12, 2004
dont agree. mourinho is miles ahead of benitez tactically..
and mourinho won the cl with porto. no matter how you look at it, it still is a bigger achievement than getting into final twice in three years with liverpool.
No fuckin' doubt.
@ Bozi - that is the hottest Tranny going. Speaking of going . . . I'm going to fap.

@ Burke - I remember that big dick pic. I can't believe you saved it.

:D you know how I roll, plus I really want to fap as well......right on my own face.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not quite sure how to take that, young squire. I refuse to be all up in arms over someone who, at the end of the day, decided to resign. Good luck to him at Lyon, where I feel is where he wanted to be when all is said and done anyway.
Why on earth would you think that? Deschamps has no stake in Lyon and probably didn't like them when he played for Marseille. Juventus is in his blood and I'm much more inclined to think the management did not trust him with the job, something which would look incredibly ridiculous if we happen to hire Vialli. At Lyon, Deschamps would have almost as much pressure anyway with him trying to follow up their half decade of success and push for the Champions League, so I don't believe your argument.

But if he does end up signing for Lyon people here will say hey, the man wanted to join them all along. But that's not necessarily true and I'm going to believe Deschamps' words before an idiot like Alessio Secco who did short of nothing for Juventus over the years.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is what I'm talking about here, Greg.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
aren't you just contradicting yourself here, by saying that we don't need a benitez because he is a cup manager, but you're drooling over someone who i feel is an inferior tactical manager?? A manager who also happens to be ina better situation at Chelsea??

Its pretty obvious that Juve will not have deep pockets in the transfer market, and I'd rather have someone who can do more with less. (Benitez)
Mourinho did everything with much less at Porto.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
And please remember that I never lied
And please remember
how I felt inside now honey
You gotta make it your own way
But you'll be alright now sugar
You'll feel better tomorrow
Come the morning light now baby

Sang Secco to Deschamps

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ohhhhh, excellent point. Galliani and Carrara actually don't have to start their suspensions until 6 months after they've died.
:lol: I love Italy. State the law, and the enforcement will come, well, maybe later...

Awwww, Moggi, I miss you, you big lug. :cry:

Mourinho did everything with much less at Porto.
Definitely. The guy scraped together an unheard-of Porto that everyone claimed was crap, and yet they legitimately won the CL that season.

Soon, he looked like less of a madman when the likes of his Carvalho, Deco, etc., went off to other clubs and excelled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)