Nick Against the World (10 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
on my way back to work today, some radio DJ was commenting on the cubs game going into the 9th with cubs leading 5-1; asking the audience " do you know what time it is?" before he even retorted "crumbling time" the cubs had already walked a run in. The cubs just lost the game 6-5, how on god's green earth can anyone be a cubs fan?
I don't know. I hate Cubs fans, they are biggest cry babies in all of sport. They think they should win the world series every year simply because they are the Cubs.
Little do they know that throwing and hitting are what counts.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You ready for the big day Wednesday Mr. Molenda?

And by the way, which midfielder do you think Rafa will sell this summer, if any? I told you before that Sissoko is my man.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
on my way back to work today, some radio DJ was commenting on the cubs game going into the 9th with cubs leading 5-1; asking the audience " do you know what time it is?" before he even retorted "crumbling time" the cubs had already walked a run in. The cubs just lost the game 6-5, how on god's green earth can anyone be a cubs fan?
My poor father. The guy is seriously up there in years (he had me at age 36), and he's been a Cubs fan all his life. Even worse, he's always been something of a South Sider, so it's not like he doesn't have any recourse.

But after the better part of a century following those "lovable losers", he got so fed up in recent years that he finally actually did something other than just complain every year -- something that was wholly unexpected. It was as if he got to the final realization that he will die never having seen the Cubs play in another World Series, let alone winning one. So he's been following White Sox games a lot more lately.

It may not seem like a lot to outsiders, but believe me when I tell you it's a "hell freezes over moment" and to sell all your shares of Microsoft.

Apr 12, 2004
Burke was speaking in sober, complete sentences by around 4:30am EST last night. We were Skyping it up (yo!), and during the conversation I distinctly recall him having the facilities to still walk to the bathroom to take a leak instead of pissing in his diaper.

I forgot I had a friggin' board meeting to attend this morning at 9am -- this morning arrived quite painfully. Thankfully, I make pretty damn good coffee, if I may say so myself. :coffee:
Yea, sorry about all that nonsense I was talkin', I was wasted as fuck....I kept talking about some women I remember that....

;)

My bad...
cubs = inter without the coppa , master chokers best in the business last time they won 1908
:lol:
Corona is the sex.
DA DA DA DA I LOVE YOU!
Beer is mediocre by definition, but if you're going to drink any make sure you drink some quality FFS.
Hector, you are mediocre by definition, if you speak, do it with a cock in your mouth FFS.

You ready for the big day Wednesday Mr. Molenda?

And by the way, which midfielder do you think Rafa will sell this summer, if any? I told you before that Sissoko is my man.
You just like him because he is black.....you RACIST!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
My poor father. The guy is seriously up there in years (he had me at age 36), and he's been a Cubs fan all his life. Even worse, he's always been something of a South Sider, so it's not like he doesn't have any recourse.

But after the better part of a century following those "lovable losers", he got so fed up in recent years that he finally actually did something other than just complain every year -- something that was wholly unexpected. It was as if he got to the final realization that he will die never having seen the Cubs play in another World Series, let alone winning one. So he's been following White Sox games a lot more lately.

It may not seem like a lot to outsiders, but believe me when I tell you it's a "hell freezes over moment" and to sell all your shares of Microsoft.
it is one of those sisyphean affairs where on one hand you admire the loyalty and the determination but on the other you simply cannot understand the futility; but i am happy for your dad that whole organization along with its fans are cursed; i actually always turn down free tickets to go to wrigley

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
it is one of those sisyphean affairs where on one hand you admire the loyalty and the determination but on the other you simply cannot understand the futility; but i am happy for your dad that whole organization along with its fans are cursed; i actually always turn down free tickets to go to wrigley
I think they should change their name from "The Cubs" to "The Boulders". :D

ßömßäяdîëя™;1346315 said:
Free tickets?

You need your head examined....
I don't know. If someone offered me free tickets to watch Inter, I wouldn't exactly be clearing my social calendar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)