Nick Against the World (194 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Fliakis said:
i think you lot should pay a deserved tribute to il capintano in this thread:
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18191

its kind of pathetic when steve irwin gets more attention in calcio forum than one of the biggest legends of the beautiful game..
Personally i would say for most of the people in that thread and many many others on this forum it would be completely two faced and without any meaning for them to pay respect to facchetti ... Jus look at the abuse aimed in his dirrection from so many people here...

As for more attention going to Irwin, what do you expect, 99% of the forum never saw facchetti play, most of those left, know nothing more of him than his recent role and virtually none know anything of the man he was or the great things he done, both on and off the field.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ßömßärdîër said:
Where have you been?

I thought you died.
Nowhere. I'll be in your neck of the wood for a couple of day the week after this one. I'll be up there on biz but I'll try to make time to stop buy the crib.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ßömßärdîër said:
What are you talking about?

PSU is not that good, dude.

WVU would dismantle them.
Yeah. They lost their best players on defense and they have a young QB. I say 9-3 season and a Citrus bowl birth.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Respaul said:
Personally i would say for most of the people in that thread and many many others on this forum it would be completely two faced and without any meaning for them to pay respect to facchetti ... Jus look at the abuse aimed in his dirrection from so many people here...

As for more attention going to Irwin, what do you expect, 99% of the forum never saw facchetti play, most of those left, know nothing more of him than his recent role and virtually none know anything of the man he was or the great things he done, both on and off the field.
Sadly Paul, I had no idea who Facchetti was until the other day and even now I only understand that he was an important footballer.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Enron said:
Sadly Paul, I had no idea who Facchetti was until the other day and even now I only understand that he was an important footballer.
But thats my point... Why should (and how can) people offer heart felt condolences to a man they know nothing of...

No one can be had a go at for not offering their thoughts on someone they didnt know... If they didnt know them they shouldnt say anything...

and especially a man who has come under such abuse here due to his role in football... Incredibly 2 faced to post condolences...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Respaul said:
But thats my point... Why should (and how can) people offer heart felt condolences to a man they know nothing of...

No one can be had a go at for not offering their thoughts on someone they didnt know... If they didnt know them they shouldnt say anything...

and especially a man who has come under such abuse here due to his role in football... Incredibly 2 faced to post condolences...
Facchetti is an Italian football hero in his own right, however why should someone such as myself who is not necessary an Azzurri fanatic and certainly not a Nerazzurri supporter make a point out of wishing his family the best? He was a great player and man alike, and may he rest in peace, however why is it such a surprise to see most people here not caring?

At a place like this where bias is the norm, you can't expect people to care.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Classifica

Napoli 3
Lecce 3
Brescia 3
Crotone 3
Genoa 3
Verona 3
Bologna 3
Triestina 2
Rimini 1
Mantova 1
Bari 0
Vicenza 0
Pescara 0
Modena 0
Frosinone 0
Treviso 0
Albinoleffe 0
Piacenza 0
Arezzo -5
Juventus -16

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
So, How do we all feel to finally be back to the field, Finally watching football rather than talking about it...

While Napoli was a great day and today was our first match of a new era, For me it doesnt really start till attending that first home match of the season but today has really wetted the appetite for what will probably be our hardest and definately most interesting season in living memory... Cant wait for next week

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Respaul said:
So, How do we all feel to finally be back to the field, Finally watching football rather than talking about it...

For me it doesnt really start till attending that first home match of the season but today has really wetted theppetitefor what will probably be our hardest and definately most interesting season in living memory... Cant wait for next week
It's awesome, except for the part about me and thousands of others not being able to watch the match live. I've been trying to find some link to the full tape of the match, however thus far I have been unsuccessful. Watching my new Juventus in a league I find quite interesting is something I'm looking forward to... if it's at all possible.

Fucking RAI.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's going to be a long, difficult season of continued changes in expectations. There are a lot of people that are still in the denial phase that this is a Serie B team, and a little of that still in me. But in due time...

But these are the times to learn more about where the heart of Italian calcio beats -- where the sport isn't as heavily influenced by many of the forces that haven't exactly benefitted the sport. That much I am looking forward to.

It's still going to take a few weeks to get in a rhythm -- for myself as a fan, and probably for much longer for Juve as a team. What I have noticed already, however, is how much less interesting Serie A is to me this season. But I'm also sure that's what many an interista and other non-juventino said when Juve was in A, dominating as usual.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Andy, I am encouraged by the fact that Rai showed us a live telecast of Vicenza-Genoa this morning. Yes, it should have been Juve's historic first ever match in Serie B that was beamed into our homes, but at least we can now hope that we will see some Juve matches this season.

We are spoiled having seen every match for the last 3 seasons, but now we must accept that seeing 10 matches will be far better than 0 matches.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Pado said:
Andy, I am encouraged by the fact that Rai showed us a live telecast of Vicenza-Genoa this morning. Yes, it should have been Juve's historic first ever match in Serie B that was beamed into our homes, but at least we can now hope that we will see some Juve matches this season.

We are spoiled having seen every match for the last 3 seasons, but now we must accept that seeing 10 matches will be far better than 0 matches.
I also have the problem of my landlord not allowing satellite dishes and my ridiculous cable provider not carrying RAI International. But hopefully Cafe 210 or one of my friends have the channel... anything to see even a bit of the matches.

Apr 12, 2004
The Pado said:

Those Akron Zips are pretty good, eh?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
This guy should keep Del Piero on speed dial:

Thomas Gravesen has fired a parting shot at Real Madrid as he prepares to make his Celtic debut on Saturday.

The Denmark midfielder was signed by Hoops boss Gordon Strachan before the transfer deadline last week.

And, ahead of his unveiling at Aberdeen in Scottish Premier League, he fired a verbal volley at Real Madrid's new coach Fabio Capello.

'Capello arrived from Italy and told me, without having seen me play, that he had other ideas,' said Gravesen.

'He is not a very good type and never gave me an opportunity.

'In a very arrogant way, he said to me that he did not want me and didn't even call me by name.

'In my eyes, he is an arrogant man and an egotist.'

Speaking of his former team-mates, he added: 'Some of the Madrid 'galacticos' are incredibly talented.

'It is fantastic to play with some of them when they want, but the team was divided sometimes because only three players were willing to run.'

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
ßömßärdîër said:
Those Akron Zips are pretty good, eh?
I guess so.

I did not bother to watch the game, as I was still fuming over Juve's failure at Rimini and then thought it better to take my daughter to the carnival.

From the post game comments I did hear from Chuck Amato, I'm guessing State lost, and that they lost in the last minute. Am I right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 194)