Neymar - Forward - PSG (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Then please explain what exactly makes Porto better. Do you actually watch the league at all? Do you know it's teams? Based on your opinion my guess would be no, so honestly how would you know?
i'm not saying south american leagues are total shit, just that european ones are much better and neymar wouldn't be able to replicate half of what he does over there in a top european team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
:tup:
i'm not saying south american leagues are total $#@!, just that european ones are much better and neymar wouldn't be able to replicate half of what he does over there in a top european team.
I agree. He may be doing it right by taking his time but I don't think he will have the same amount of success atleast not until be becomes a lot more tactically aware.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
i'm not saying south american leagues are total $#@!, just that european ones are much better and neymar wouldn't be able to replicate half of what he does over there in a top european team.
Come on, mate...let's be reasonable, shall we? Two weeks ago Vasco beat Ajax, two months ago Gremio beat Hamburger and i'm not even gonna mention Corinthians and Chelsea.

I'm not arguing that South American teams today stand a chance against the top top clubs like; Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, Juventus and so on...On theory, they don't. (taking into consideration anything can happen in the beautiful game). But there are only 3 or 4 (at the most) top teams in those 4 leagues that are way above while the rest are on the same level or below South American clubs like Corinthians, Boca Juniors, Fluminense, Sao Paulo, etc...

You're overestimating average clubs just for being Europeans, that just isn't right. Plus since you didn't answer my question i take it you don't watch it, so you have no way of knowing how good/bad they really are and make a fair comparison. :numnum:

About Neymar...Once again, how would you possibly know that? He hasn't gone to Europe yet, that's just speculation. One could say Messi wouldn't be able to replicate half of what he did if he played in a different league. You know, it's easier to be "the man" with team mates like Xavi and Iniesta and to play in a place where no other team besides Real Madrid offers you and your team any challenge.

But then again that would also be speculation. So you get my point, we could speculate anything, yet it doesn't make it true. ;)

lostama

Jan 22, 2013
Seriously explain how he is going to earn more then the best players in the world?
With Neymar you're not just paying the player for his skills on the pitch but youll get the whole package outside the pitch as well.
For companies with important links in Brasil, paying Neymar 15 million (or more) euro a year might in the end be money very well spent.

Look at Beckham. Anyone seriously thinks that Real was paying him just for his performance on the pitch?

Dec 31, 2012
Come on, mate...let's be reasonable, shall we? Two weeks ago Vasco beat Ajax, two months ago Gremio beat Hamburger and i'm not even gonna mention Corinthians and Chelsea.

I'm not arguing that South American teams today stand a chance against the top top clubs like; Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, Juventus and so on...On theory, they don't. (taking into consideration anything can happen in the beautiful game). But there are only 3 or 4 (at the most) top teams in those 4 leagues that are way above while the rest are on the same level or below South American clubs like Corinthians, Boca Juniors, Fluminense, Sao Paulo, etc...

You're overestimating average clubs just for being Europeans, that just isn't right. Plus since you didn't answer my question i take it you don't watch it, so you have no way of knowing how good/bad they really are and make a fair comparison. :numnum:

About Neymar...Once again, how would you possibly know that? He hasn't gone to Europe yet, that's just speculation. One could say Messi wouldn't be able to replicate half of what he did if he played in a different league. You know, it's easier to be "the man" with team mates like Xavi and Iniesta and to play in a place where no other team besides Real Madrid offers you and your team any challenge.

But then again that would also be speculation. So you get my point, we could speculate anything, yet it doesn't make it true. ;)
Got a big "De ja vu"-feel from this comment of yours, Crimson. :D

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I would prefer crapandowski before this overrated child.

i hope city buys him, seriously. Injured within the first month. crybaby to return home in the second
Not sure why anyone would wish failure and injury upon a player who plays the game in a beautiful manner more often than not...Personally, I very much enjoy watching players who try a bit of magic now and then, or even constantly. Perhaps not a great fit for a Conte team, in fact an awful fit, but I'd prefer to see Neymar in Europe, for I would get to see more his magic, more often.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
He looked extremely lightweight and scared of contact last night.
yeah, he looked totally puzzled by how he was marked, tackled and tracked last night. Imagine when he's face with real defenders.

Anyway, there was one part that almost made me laugh out loud: Neymar on the flank, plenty of space, only Gerrard coming out to meet him. Tries a wee move, Gerrard nonchalantly just pokes it out for the throw, turns around and walks back like it ain't no thing. Loved it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No chance we'll sign him.

Since it's a popular thread/player I moved it to scouting section.

If our board starts farting money and rainbows I'll return it to transfer section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)