Neymar - Forward - PSG (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
He is a POTENTIAL superstar.Not a proven footballer.It's one thing to play in Brazil, it's a lot different to play in Italy, in a team that is struggling.Thirty-five million is a lot of money for us.We are not Man City or Real.What if he flops?Then what are we going to do?
That attitude won't take us far. The risk of a expensive player to flop is always there.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Spreading the money to fix certain areas would obviously make sense, but I wanted to hear a 'big' name for that kind of money. I'm not saying Neymar isn't risky, but you never know how players turn out. I was just curious to see available alternatives.

--

@Lapa: Farfan. :lol:

mfdoom

Dec 18, 2010
Maybe. But personally I'm ready to take the risk with Neymar.:agree:

That's because you like young players, who dribble a lot.I personally think they're overrated.I'd rather take Gilardino, cause he's cheaper, scores, and he's already played in Italy.For that cash we can get him + Cassani + someone else.Let's not forget that we can also use player exchange(Amauri,Iaq,) to bring the price further down in that deal, while we can't do the same in Brazil.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's because you like young players, who dribble a lot.I personally think they're overrated.I'd rather take Gilardino, cause he's cheaper, scores, and he's already played in Italy.For that cash we can get him + Cassani + someone else.Let's not forget that we can also use player exchange(Amauri,Iaq,) to bring the price further down in that deal, while we can't do the same in Brazil.
Gila... I'm not with you there. We can't afford to play with a poacher. We're simply not good enough.

I would like for us to invest in young players too. But not for 35m. We could get some sweet players for less than 5m if we do it the right way, a la Udinese, Palermo, Porto, French teams.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We need to take risks but 30-35m are risks we can't afford. 30-35m could improve our team in a few areas. We could probably get Beck, Kolarov, Asamoah for a little more than 35m.
Give us a budget of 50-60m and we could easily work wonders. The whole world knows we need to this summer...it's going to take a huge budget anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)