Next coach (11 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
And you still refuse to use google? C'mon.

There is absolutely no scenario for ManU to be in CL next year.
So.. What happens if:
1. City gets banned from CL
and... 2. Arsenal win the EL

Who will take City`s place in this scenario?

- - - Updated - - -

Unai Emery's men ended the season in fifth spot but face Chelsea in Baku later this month, knowing victory will secure their place.

Should they miss out, Arsenal would be the most likely to fill City's spot in next season's Champions League through their Premier League position.

But victory for the Gunners in Baku could potentially see City's rivals United be drafted in.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side ended the season in sixth, although it is unclear if UEFA would instead give City's spot to another domestic competition.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So.. What happens if:
1. City gets banned from CL
and... 2. Arsenal win the EL

Who will take City`s place in this scenario?

- - - Updated - - -

Unai Emery's men ended the season in fifth spot but face Chelsea in Baku later this month, knowing victory will secure their place.

Should they miss out, Arsenal would be the most likely to fill City's spot in next season's Champions League through their Premier League position.

But victory for the Gunners in Baku could potentially see City's rivals United be drafted in.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side ended the season in sixth, although it is unclear if UEFA would instead give City's spot to another domestic competition.
Oh, you're talking about if City gets banned from CL? I seriously doubt that happens. But who knows what UEFA does if they ban a team from the competition. And whether City appeals and the ban gets put off by a year while it goes through the various levels of appeal, etc.

There's not much point talking about a hypothetical that has never happened before, and with no one knowing what UEFA would actually do.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Oh, you're talking about if City gets banned from CL? I seriously doubt that happens. But who knows what UEFA does if they ban a team from the competition. And whether City appeals and the ban gets put off by a year while it goes through the various levels of appeal, etc.

There's not much point talking about a hypothetical that has never happened before, and with no one knowing what UEFA would actually do.
Yeah I was talking about Ban+Arsenal win I also stated its probably not going to happen because Uefa are soft and they fine or put transfer embargo as their most severe punishment..

They should definitely take some serious step and make an example but we all know thats not going to happen..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Man U finished 6th. There's no scenario in which they enter the competition. Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal would be the EPL Reps.

For Man U to have had a chance, they'd have had to finish 5th.
According to the source I quoted there is a scenario but it is very very unlikely as
1. City first have to be banned - We all know they wont..
2. Arsenal needs to win the EL - Might happen although I`d place my bet on Chelsea
3. If 1&2 are fulfilled - There is still Uefa who decide who to give the vacant CL spot - another EPL club from 6th place - Thats definitely not a sure thing...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
More importantly. Who’ll be tomorrow’s leading candidate?? Sarri.
I want us to finalize the new coach / confirm Allegri officially - as soon as possible - This entire thing is ridiculous.. at least they should focus on one/two candidates and not changing the leading one to a random name everyday..

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I want us to finalize the new coach / confirm Allegri officially - as soon as possible - This entire thing is ridiculous.. at least they should focus on one/two candidates and not changing the leading one to a random name everyday..
Think the Allegri/Agnelli meeting is tomorrow. Gasperini been linked yet?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Dude, losing the league under a new coach next year would be a complete joke. I'm not fine with such a setback if it doesn't coincide with a CL win.

If we hire someone like Poch/Klopp/etc and they somehow manage to lose the league while going out of CL in QFs or earlier, that's utter rubbish, and we should have stuck with Max and brought in a proper midfield for him, and rejuvenated the backline.
I disagree. We need something new for the future. Club's first goal is to reduce dependency on CL money, and I think changing style would be a step in that direction. I don't think a financial penalty of finishing second would be high so I don't care.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is a great read. I don't know Ralf Rangnick since I don't watch BuLi, but he mentions how he learned new ways of playing the game in a Bundesliga that epitomized this Felix Magath quote: “Tactics is something for bad players”.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/ralf-rangnick-rb-leipzig-and-bundesliga/
Fantastic and sensible read.

I like Leipzigs style, typical Bundesliga technical countering frenzy (if they playing same way, used to see them a little for Forsberg and Keita last season). We couldnt hurt with that type of coaching. Nagelsmann, Hoffenheims current coach, will tak over Rangnicks job next season. So this hard nosed veteran coach prolly change roles in the organisation.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It’s beyond me. Apparently losing this tinpot terrible league is the best way to get us closer to CL glory. Sucking next year but playing some pretty football is a foolproof recipe for future success. :lol3:
This excuse of prioritizing in style and prepation only works for Real Madrid because they have a historically dominant Barcelona ahead of them in league past decade. What do we have? BUNCH OF CLOWNS WHO ARE 17 TO 30 POINTS BEHIND US EVERY SEASON.

There is zero reason to excuse losing a league title to opposition that are far far far behind our level.

Even if a Conte led Inter would become legit threat if they spend big, but still then, thats a big if. And I would welcome the challenge, and we would still win the title IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Think the Allegri/Agnelli meeting is tomorrow. Gasperini been linked yet?
Some might think I'm silly, but I would be fine with Gasperini if the choices are him or Deschamps, Miha, Inzaghi level coaches. Find his idea and system to be highly promising compared to those.

Last edited:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Imagine thinking our current shit awful brand of crossball is somehow necessary to win the league. We win the league because we have the most talented team by a country fucking mile. Much like the Xaviesta, Puyol and Messi inspired Barca team could self coach their way to silverware because they're just that good

Serie A after a promising season last year in Europe is back to being dog shit and people think we're masterminding our way to another scudetto with our 'style' of play which is insane. Spoiler alert, you can play good football and win trophies. In fact, it's actually the norm. Then at least when the knockout stage comes around we're actually in good form and not hiding behind the bullshit excuse of preserving ourselves for when it matters and looking like shit.

I'd love to see our current team playing exactly how it has been since Cardiff in a better league. What a reality check that would be for the perpetual shit football sympathisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)