Next coach (31 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Ronaldo is no Tevez, we don't need him primary for his engine or creativity and then just supply him with couple of crosses a match.

Pogba had his best years under Conte, so did Vidal(granted he was younger). He also revived Pirlo, Barzagli and to an extent Chiellini's careers it's not like Giaccherini was running the show here.
Well, Conte went out in the group stages with those midfielders and Allegri took them to the CL final the next year.

I thought Conte's best work was when he first arrived and we had a bunch of soldiers for him. I don't think Allegri could have done what Conte did in those circumstances. But once we got more talent, it's clear that Allegri took them to another level.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 22, 2016
Conte raises the level of the average player. He drops the level of the star player. That's what meticulous and rigid organization does. You give an iron clad role to Giaccherini and he can perform it. If you give that same instruction to Ronaldo, he loses his creativity and freedom.

That's the main difference between Conte and Allegri. People think Allegri is a classic Italian coach but he's not. He gives a lot of freedom to the players. That's why if they're not good, they will flounder quickly. For example, "Hey Matuidi, just run around near the box and try to attack". Conte would never say that.

Conte will bring a 3-5-2 and tell Ronaldo to move in a certain path to combine with the ST every single time, for example.
I don't remember any top player in Conte team dropped level. Pirlo, Barzagli, Pogba, Vidal, Licht, Kante, Tevez and Costa all played their best football under him.

Jun 6, 2015
I don't remember any top player in Conte team dropped level. Pirlo, Barzagli, Pogba, Vidal, Licht, Kante, Tevez and Costa all played their best football under him.
You just love to come up with complete false statements. Tevez was better under Allegri (I'm sure he had better seasons in PL as well) as was Pogba. Pirlo was always great. Vidal, Licht and Kante are Conte's dream players and fit his style like a glove. I agree that Vidal and Licht had their best seasons under Conte. Kante was already great at Leicester. Costa was great at Atletico and under Mou at Chelsea. None of the players you mentioned are some nobodies who were great because of Conte.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ronaldo is no Tevez, we don't need him primary for his engine or creativity and then just supply him with couple of crosses a match.

Pogba had his best years under Conte, so did Vidal(granted he was younger). He also revived Pirlo, Barzagli and to an extent Chiellini's careers it's not like Giaccherini was running the show here.
Pogbas best 2 years were with Max

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Well, Conte went out in the group stages with those midfielders and Allegri took them to the CL final the next year.

I thought Conte's best work was when he first arrived and we had a bunch of soldiers for him. I don't think Allegri could have done what Conte did in those circumstances. But once we got more talent, it's clear that Allegri took them to another level.
You could say the same about Max his best work when he first took over. Conte was broken after Bayern match and circumstances favored Max, just as it would now to Conte with what happened after Cardiff and serious shots were taking at market. He definitely wouldn't do worse with the bunch and this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Pogbas best 2 years were with Max
I don't think you could name a player that had a full good season under Max.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Allegri should go if there is an upgrade on him and I don't see many upgrades at all let alone available. Someone like EDF or Gasparini would be worth a shot because they have potential but neither are better than Allegri today.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Conte, for me, is great to build a base, taking over a goodish team and getting the best out of it. But then you need a coach like Max to take over from there, which is what happened, and successfully.

Conte probably could work wonders to get a shite Milan back on track, but i don't see him as great top team coach (yet?)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
A player that was great every game? Such a thing doesent exist
Of course there is :klin:
andrea-barzagli.jpg

Youre making the same mistake as il brutto. That was a response to Mike saying Conte lowers star players levels. It ain't another Conte VS Max, yeah Pogba had some good moments under Max too before he went full mental with 10+5 shirt and so on

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Of course there is :klin:
andrea-barzagli.jpg

Youre making the same mistake as il brutto. That was a response to Mike saying Conte lowers star players levels. It ain't another Conte VS Max, yeah Pogba had some good moments under Max too before he went full mental with 10+5 shirt and so on
Pogbas best season to date is the one you say he went full mental with 10+5 shirt and so on. I know its not another Conte vs Allegri, we had enough of thos already here, just wanted to correct that one inaccuracy from your post. And even Barza wasnt great each game 12-13 and 13-14 (no, Pado was neither), even though he was the most consistent performer for us

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Pogbas best season to date is the one you say he went full mental with 10+5 shirt and so on. I know its not another Conte vs Allegri, we had enough of thos already here, just wanted to correct that one inaccuracy from your post. And even Barza wasnt great each game 12-13 and 13-14 (no, Pado was neither), even though he was the most consistent performer for us
Their form hardly dropped throughout the season and especially not for long periods, of course there will be a few mistakes here and there.
10+5 season Pogba struggled for almost half a season and we had our worst start in the league, he put a +5 on his shirt not because he was he was setting the world on fire having his best season

Jan 22, 2016
You just love to come up with complete false statements. Tevez was better under Allegri (I'm sure he had better seasons in PL as well) as was Pogba. Pirlo was always great. Vidal, Licht and Kante are Conte's dream players and fit his style like a glove. I agree that Vidal and Licht had their best seasons under Conte. Kante was already great at Leicester. Costa was great at Atletico and under Mou at Chelsea. None of the players you mentioned are some nobodies who were great because of Conte.
You are missing the point. The point was @MikeM believed top players regress under Conte and i brought names of top players that were actually great under him or even played their best game.

Jun 6, 2015
Their form hardly dropped throughout the season and especially not for long periods, of course there will be a few mistakes here and there.
10+5 season Pogba struggled for almost half a season and we had our worst start in the league, he put a +5 on his shirt not because he was he was setting the world on fire having his best season
He started flying when Marchisio came back from injury in mid October. That 6-7 month period is the best Pogba we've seen thus far and it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)