News that makes you say WTF! (49 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
probably be safer to shoot dice :snoop:
Dai lives in some idyllic village, can't blame him for trusting people and authorities. I live in a literal shithole - just a few months ago I heard noise in the middle of the night, 3am or so, looked into the door viewer, found the next door family father(moroccan) wrestling with a guy in full arab gear who had a knife. The latter looked like he was drunk so the former could take his knife and knock him out. I heard the daughter call the police and they arrived 30min later WTF Turns out it was some Moroccan/Tunisian beef. The Tunisian was dating the daughter but the father didnt want them to meet so the guy just showed up with knife at night at their place. The important part: police takes an eternity to arrive. I'm looking at crossbows tbh.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
When seconds matter the police are just minutes away

Buy bear mace if you can't get a firearm and need protection but you'll probably get prison time for using it in self defense so maybe not

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Dai lives in some idyllic village, can't blame him for trusting people and authorities.
:touched:

Whilst it's only a 40.000 people town and probable nowhere near as worse as a melting pot like Frankfurt, it still is one of the biggest shitholes in Bavaria and i would NEVER walk through the park at night.

We're so close to the Czech border, guess where Crystal meth and other heavy drugs arrive first once they cross the border ::lol3::

We are the first big reloading point.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Break-in suspect shot, man in home charged

Totally pathetic. But the Eurocucks here will defend this of course. Should've rolled over should've left himself and his family at the mercy of armed thugs who entered his home. He might have been murdered but at least he would have his sense of superiority :howler:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1487818-break-in-suspect-shot-man-in-home-charged
I don't think many people will agree with it. Some of those pending charges though, lol. How can you grab a firearm off an intruder and be charged with possessing or storing a firearm? Unless it's just the way their justice system works in a provisional sense and then once it gets to court the judge strikes all the nonsense ones off. Oh Canada.

I obviously don't have a gun, and if I did for recreational purposes I wouldn't be running for it to scare intruders off (say goodbye to ever holding a UK gun license again), but I've had one intruder trying to get into my shed :D I had a deterrent and that was enough to put the guy back over the fence, but if someone is close enough to get hurt they will be getting hurt and I probably would be prosecuted. Essentially you can defend yourself "with reasonable force" and with "an object as a weapon", but the specifics of the object might be a problem.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When seconds matter the police are just minutes away

Buy bear mace if you can't get a firearm and need protection but you'll probably get prison time for using it in self defense so maybe not

Lol. If you ever had to defend yourself, you'd be dead in seconds, tough guy.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Totally pathetic. But the Eurocucks here will defend this of course. Should've rolled over should've left himself and his family at the mercy of armed thugs who entered his home. He might have been murdered but at least he would have his sense of superiority :howler:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1487818-break-in-suspect-shot-man-in-home-charged
That's retarded. I'm no pro gun or anything but this is ridiculous. Should he have laid on the floor and let them empty the place? Cause police sure as hell wont find them stolen goods

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Or there's a middle ground and it's not so black and white like gun-nut whackjobs on the right proclaim. Two can play at this game.

There are instances where self-defence is perfectly valid. There are other instances where it's absurd.

There's also a reason America has a higher gun-death rate than any other first world country, by a huge margin.

Stuff like this happens once in a blue moon here in Canada.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Or there's a middle ground and it's not so black and white like gun-nut whackjobs on the right proclaim. Two can play at this game.

There are instances where self-defence is perfectly valid. There are other instances where it's absurd.

There's also a reason America has a higher gun-death rate than any other first world country, by a huge margin.

Stuff like this happens once in a blue moon here in Canada.
You mean the decline of inner cities and gang violence behind 95% of it?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is more to that story surely? The amount of charges they adding to him is staggering, it's almost like he is repeat offender or known criminal to the police, and this breaking an entering is just another incident involving him. Because he can't go anywhere, can't use cell phone, is charged with firearms trafficking, wtf this all can't be lumped on just for non fatally shooting an intruder?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You mean the decline of inner cities and gang violence behind 95% of it?
If you think the gun culture and ease of access to guns in the United States has nothing to do with the prevalence of gun-related crimes and death in the United States, you are off your rocker.

It's a different story if you are just fine and dandy with it, then good for you.

Myself, I'm quite happy I don't live in a culture that glorifies guns and bases its gun laws and legalities on the requirements of a 300 year old revolution.

- - - Updated - - -

There is more to that story surely? The amount of charges they adding to him is staggering, it's almost like he is repeat offender or known criminal to the police, and this breaking an entering is just another incident involving him. Because he can't go anywhere, can't use cell phone, is charged with firearms trafficking, wtf this all can't be lumped on just for non fatally shooting an intruder?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Of course there is more to the story. The article is incredibly vague. But any chance to jump on so-called "eurocucks" is too tempting to pass up for NRA supporters.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
American gun obsession is crazy but there can be a middleground. How is a citizen not allowed to own an AR-15 to protect his home from bulgarian and romanian raider gangs :depressed

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)