News that makes you say WTF! (9 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
They were mad because Charlottesville wants to take a statue of Robert E Lee down.
Yeah I know what the excuse was but you normally get violent when you have demands and you are under the impression that you cannot achieve those demands through more peaceful ways. Of all the people in the world, one would think white people in the US should be the last to feel that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause they're increasingly irrelevant and likely unable to achieve the standard of living of their parents?
I think they have a severe entitlement problem.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/rac...hips-theyve-been-trolling-through-megaphones/

This part though:

The right-wing activists have spent most of their time at sea shouting through megaphones at humanitarian ships and “trolling” other crews over radio.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah I know what the excuse was but you normally get violent when you have demands and you are under the impression that you cannot achieve those demands through more peaceful ways. Of all the people in the world, one would think white people in the US should be the last to feel that way.
The in 1980s those guys would go gay bashing. Plus with the presence of the extreme left, it's no surprise the two went at it. Maybe the most surprisings was how much the police let go.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
To me this is not coincidence at all! Tensions between North Korea and US, at same time these Nazis protesting and going armed in the street is just a small signal that a war is about to start! No wonder, when you have no idea what to do with your country start a war. Trump's policy!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

I think they have a severe entitlement problem.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/rac...hips-theyve-been-trolling-through-megaphones/

This part though:

The right-wing activists have spent most of their time at sea shouting through megaphones at humanitarian ships and “trolling” other crews over radio.
A lot of the Confederate stuff, from General Lee statues to the Confederate flag, actually fell into irrelevance in the decades following the US Civil War in the 1860s. People only took arms for that again when the Civil Rights movement came to the forefront in the late 1950s and early 1960s, and suddenly there was this hurt pride of a historical legacy that pretty much nobody cared much about before the 1950s... just dressed up like it was something old.

The violence is more like gang warfare. There's more in common here with Bloods and Crips than with politics per se. People want to arm up their side because of rumors that the other side is doing the same. So you get sectarian violence and everybody loses cool heads to avoid de-escalation.

It's really not all that different than when the Nazis marched in my part of Chicago in the 1970s (Marquette Park) as was immortalized by the Blues Brothers movie in 1980:

Some shit hasn't changed. Except in the Blues Brothers they mowed down the Nazis instead of the Antifa.

Yes, white natives of the US have the least to complain about. Many of them haven't done shit to make something of themselves and felt the system would keep them happily employed with a middle class paycheck for doing basic work and white power structures would allow them to hold their place in society. But they sat still while the world passed them by. So there's a lot of resentment.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
To me this is not coincidence at all! Tensions between North Korea and US, at same time these Nazis protesting and going armed in the street is just a small signal that a war is about to start! No wonder, when you have no idea what to do with your country start a war. Trump's policy!
I think there's always been crazy people and crazy countries out there. Tensions are somewhat high now with North Korea but they're still incapable of committing harm.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of the Confederate stuff, from General Lee statues to the Confederate flag, actually fell into irrelevance in the decades following the US Civil War in the 1860s. People only took arms for that again when the Civil Rights movement came to the forefront in the late 1950s and early 1960s, and suddenly there was this hurt pride of a historical legacy that pretty much nobody cared much about before the 1950s... just dressed up like it was something old.

The violence is more like gang warfare. There's more in common here with Bloods and Crips than with politics per se. People want to arm up their side because of rumors that the other side is doing the same. So you get sectarian violence and everybody loses cool heads to avoid de-escalation.

It's really not all that different than when the Nazis marched in my part of Chicago in the 1970s (Marquette Park) as was immortalized by the Blues Brothers movie in 1980:

Some shit hasn't changed. Except in the Blues Brothers they mowed down the Nazis instead of the Antifa.

Yes, white natives of the US have the least to complain about. Many of them haven't done shit to make something of themselves and felt the system would keep them happily employed with a middle class paycheck for doing basic work and white power structures would allow them to hold their place in society. But they sat still while the world passed them by. So there's a lot of resentment.
Very nice post

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice post

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Man :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, psychologically there are obviously a lot of feedback loops and gang mentality going on on both sides, but other than that I think it's way too simplistic to simply say "both sides are as bad/all extremes are the same".

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That is one of the most sickening stories I read in a while. Wtf is wrong with her? And more importantly wtf is wrong with the police? 3th time she accused someone of rape (5 in total!) should have rung the alarm bells. Especially since some of these cases were in the same damn year. What do they even investigate?

The poor guy who got convicted of 7 years for her, had the misfortune of having sex with her so it was easier for a he said she said case to take the her side, but the rest? What's the excuse, I mean they spent 6400 hours investigating her claims? Jeez. Atleast good job finally catching her on her disgusting life shattering lies, but still.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Rape is not about how the victim looks though.
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. I'd say that overall attractive women run a considerably greater risk.

What bothers me here is the incompetence of the police, the prosecutor and finally the courts. You can't have evidence for something that never took place. Which means the police can't have found any, the prosecutor should have decided not to go through with the case and the judge should have ruled there was no proof of guilt.

Any wrongful conviction is a horrendous mistake from a lot of people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)