News that makes you say WTF! (15 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Apparently it's insanely difficult to rescind Iranian citizenship as well, so there's nothing even those dual-citizens can do about it, thousands of Austrians also suffer from that.

Yeah I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong from a historical point of view. The Nazis went from Hitler being appointed chancellor to opening the Dachau concentration camp in less than two months.

It's terrible, but obviously Trump is still quite a bit away from anything that would allow literal Nazi comparisons. You don't even need to though, I mean he's still moving the country towards some sort of pseudo-democracy/protofascism at an alarming rate
From Hitler being appointed, yes. But I'd say the German mentality had gone much more downhill by that point than the American one with Trump's election.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bannon will use this and justify trumps decision to ban those, visa's

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for clearing that up. I had a buzy day and heard it were two syrian refugees. This is the first time since 7am i had time to spend longer then 5 minutee online
Where did you read that? That sweet insanely islamophobic site you happend to stumble upon for oh so accurate news about Germany and Sweden migrant rapes 24/7?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well, maybe I'm mistaken, but it wasn't really clear what happened before. Your previous post looked a bit silly after the news, but I hadn't heard it that long before you either. Those things happen, no worries.
I heard 3 different scenarios for the killer in as many hours. Kinda ridicolous, but it's our prerogative to vet the info we get and not jump to conclusions.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's literally not a muslim ban, being melodramatic and throwing buzzwords around doesn't make you right. The words "muslim, islam or islamic" appear 0 times in the executive order. You do realise that people from certain countries have been singled out for years? It's nothing new and it's not to make people happy, but because of national security. Contrary to what you may believe in your fantasy land, there are people who do exist who wish to come into countries like the US and do harm.

What kind of stupid argument is "haven't contributed to terrorism in the US"? So the US needs to wait for a terrorist attack by perpetrators of certain countries before they can be banned, even though they've committed acts of terrorism in Europe and other countries? I'm glad the people in charge aren't this dumb.
You can't possibly be this naive

Terrorism in Europe has mainly been committed by people with European nationalities btw.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I heard 3 different scenarios for the killer in as many hours. Kinda ridicolous, but it's our prerogative to vet the info we get and not jump to conclusions.

Sure. But he already apologised for that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How do you milk a senseless slaughtering of people in where they usually feel at most peace?

It's pretty sad that The White House tried to do exactly this in the early morning hours by latching onto the first piece of news that a Moroccan Islamic man was a suspect. Spicer had to go all in and say the incident was justification for the Muslim ban from certain countries.

Still haven't heard a thing from the White House since it was realized the guilty party was a white nationalist who supports Trump. Could you imagine Trump silence after an Islamic act of terrorism? Not in a million years.

It's also sad that Andy's lone contribution to this discussion isn't expressing dismay and upset or any emotion that would suggest empathy and compassion for the victims... Nope, his only comtribution is saying Libs are going to milk it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Are you surprised? It's sad, but get used to it. Both right and left side have become retarded regarding this.
Not surprised, but disheartened. Even Zach expresses his dismay over this. Kind of depressing that partisanship cannot be set aside for at least a few moments when tragedy strikes. The Conservative party here in Canada condemned the act immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, here's the most detailed article on Bissonnette yet. The visit to Quebec of Marine Le Pen last year seems to have been what inspired his leap into white nationalism according to this.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-for-right-wing-online-posts/article33833044/

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Where did you read that? That sweet insanely islamophobic site you happend to stumble upon for oh so accurate news about Germany and Sweden migrant rapes 24/7?

actually it was circulating on various media cause some journalists took it over and didnt check their sources. Which is common today it seems.
I said before, i had a buzy day and got lazy and didnt check whether it was true.

Dont be so touchy Os. Ask @Fr3sh to set you up with some 'relaxation'

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
actually it was circulating on various media cause some journalists took it over and didnt check their sources. Which is common today it seems.
I said before, i had a buzy day and got lazy and didnt check whether it was true.

Dont be so touchy Os. Ask @Fr3sh to set you up with some 'relaxation'
Don't you find it shocking that there has been no White House response to this, when they were basically gloating over it when it seemed like the killer might have been muslim?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not surprised, but disheartened. Even Zach expresses his dismay over this. Kind of depressing that partisanship cannot be set aside for at least a few moments when tragedy strikes. The Conservative party here in Canada condemned the act immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, here's the most detailed article on Bissonnette yet. The visit to Quebec of Marine Le Pen last year seems to have been what inspired his leap into white nationalism according to this.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-for-right-wing-online-posts/article33833044/
Outrageous !

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
One of the strongest and most convincing arguments in the recruiting strategy of the likes of Daesh etc.; is the idea of a fundamental war between "The West" and "True Islam".

This action from Trump will further strengthen this argument and therefore will increase tension and the risk of terror (both ways).

More and more people on both sides of the ball are buying into the idea of this war, which is why we see some western people acting like headless chickens towards Putin. But yeah, two authoritarian leaders on both sides of Europe will keep Europe safe and free as some people seem to believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)