News that makes you say WTF! (13 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
She only became queen after a bunch of guys died, and she's hardly representative for anyone :D

Although college classes should probably have some Austin in there anyways come to think of it...

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
She only became queen after a bunch of guys died, and she's hardly representative for anyone :D

Although college classes should probably have some Austin in there anyways come to think of it...
:agree: Austin Powers is very underrepresented in academia for some reason.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is happening all over the world.
Yesterday I read a column about the greatness Nike ads from 2012 and the fat boy from Ohio who was running in one of them. The author was outraged that Nike felt that the greatness in this case was a young boy trying to get healthy through running. Because running isn't safe for all she (obviously) argued and obesity is not necessarily unhealthy.

She was pretty much crucified in the comment section, but still..

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yesterday I read a column about the greatness Nike ads from 2012 and the fat boy from Ohio who was running in one of them. The author was outraged that Nike felt that the greatness in this case was a young boy trying to get healthy through running. Because running isn't safe for all she (obviously) argued and obesity is not necessarily unhealthy.

An obese monster from school used to say she was totally healthy because she had walked for hours a few times.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Damn. I knew the name was familiar ... and then when I saw his photo. I know the judge in that Stanford rape case, Aaron Persky. I had to look him up on Wikipedia to remember the connection.

I haven't seen him in 20+ years, but I've gone camping and played hackey-sack with the guy. He was a former Oakland housemate of an old coworker whom I socialized with for a while out here and he also played on his Berkeley club lacrosse team. Was always a stand-up guy too, and now there's kind of a lynching campaign for his job. Pretty messed up.

This just convinces me more about how social media can turn into an ugly monster out for witch hunts and the blood of otherwise good people.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

:lol:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Damn. I knew the name was familiar ... and then when I saw his photo. I know the judge in that Stanford rape case, Aaron Persky. I had to look him up on Wikipedia to remember the connection.

I haven't seen him in 20+ years, but I've gone camping and played hackey-sack with the guy. He was a former Oakland housemate of an old coworker whom I socialized with for a while out here and he also played on his Berkeley club lacrosse team. Was always a stand-up guy too, and now there's kind of a lynching campaign for his job. Pretty messed up.

This just convinces me more about how social media can turn into an ugly monster out for witch hunts and the blood of otherwise good people.
That's what i gathered too "Judge Persky is a kind, gentle soul -- very well considered and bright," shame

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Two shootings in Orlando on consecutive days.
The first by a deranged stalker targeting a popular singer, the second by a deranged Islamist targeting a gay club and killing 20.
Guns and religion are an explosive combination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)