News that makes you say WTF! (41 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What I love best is this: "many of the cultures Yoga comes from] have experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and western supremacy… we need to be mindful of this and how we express ourselves while practicing yoga.".

On the surface it sounds like it sort of makes sense, right? If you didn't really bother reading and trying to comprehend what you just read, you might think they have got a point. It sure sounds like they do. But then when you truly analyse the text, you suddenly realise that they don't really say anything. Nothing that makes sense anyway. How exactly are we to be practicing yoga in a way mindful of cultural genocide and diaspora due to colonialism? How the fuck does that work?

Also, I know some of you will accuse me of being a tad harsh again, but if you say stuff like this, you have no reason to be alive.
Also, and most importantly, how the fuck do you harm anyone by practising Yoga? Not practising Yoga doesn't make any of those crimes better, or help those still suffering under their consequences.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What I love best is this: "many of the cultures Yoga comes from] have experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and western supremacy… we need to be mindful of this and how we express ourselves while practicing yoga.".

On the surface it sounds like it sort of makes sense, right? If you didn't really bother reading and trying to comprehend what you just read, you might think they have got a point. It sure sounds like they do. But then when you truly analyse the text, you suddenly realise that they don't really say anything. Nothing that makes sense anyway. How exactly are we to be practicing yoga in a way mindful of cultural genocide and diaspora due to colonialism? How the fuck does that work?

Also, I know some of you will accuse me of being a tad harsh again, but if you say stuff like this, you have no reason to be alive.
But that's the greatness of what's going on college campuses these days. It's hard to tell the self-parody from the real.

Also, and most importantly, how the fuck do you harm anyone by practising Yoga? Not practising Yoga doesn't make any of those crimes better, or help those still suffering under their consequences.
C'mon. Yoga was completely thieved from its religious origins and turned into a Western vehicle to sell $200 stretch pants to women slurping Jamba Juices.

That would be like taking the dances of the Whirling Dervishes of Sufi Islam and packaging it as an exclusive membership perk for an L.A. dance studio -- complete with leg warmers, wristband weights, $400 fluorescent Lycra jump suits, mirrored walls, and performing to the sounds of Nicki Minaj.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Cultural appropriation is the biggest crock of shit ever. I agree.

The best thing we as a people can do is try not be dicks. But occasionally things are going to happen that offend us, so it's best that we prepare ourselves to get over it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Cultural appropriation is the biggest crock of $#@! ever. I agree.

The best thing we as a people can do is try not be $#@!s. But occasionally things are going to happen that offend us, so it's best that we prepare ourselves to get over it.
What I like to do to prepare is crouch down and activate my calves so that I can leap and get over it as soon as possible, like Super Mario.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

They're full of shit, the same ones making claims like these would be the first ones to be opening shops that sell foreign items and profit of it.

Mah nigga!
Milk those fools!
Also I hope the whole thing was really staged by his dad, if so, the man is a genius!!

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
A system that arrests kids in school over nothing and puts them in jail is also quite impressive.
Of course it's a scandal, and reparations should be paid, but 15 million is ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

icemaη;5145893 said:
Not as bad as the judge who sued his dry cleaner for $67 million though :D
Yeah I know, this case is hardly the worst.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A system that arrests kids in school over nothing and puts them in jail is also quite impressive.
It's insane the principal still has his job. He was the reason for it all. Teachers and cops said harmless clock, but principal insisted on kid getting arrested and interrogated for hours.

If he truly believed a silly clock was a possible bomb, he would have evacuated the school or taken any kind of safety measure. Instead the clock was locked in a room with a kid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)