News that makes you say WTF! (88 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, we have similar nut-jobs in America. People who refuse to protect their children from preventable death and disease claiming it's "God's will" and the only intervention should be prayer to God.

Many similar nut-jobs will also evoke the "God's will" line when a pregnant mother and her unborn quintuplets are at risk -- saying they couldn't abort one of them to save the health of everyone else and that it's "God's will". Of course, these same people forget to invoke the "God's will" line when they turned to Western medicine as an infertility treatment that caused the quintuplet pregnancy in the first place...

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Btw, we have similar nut-jobs in America. People who refuse to protect their children from preventable death and disease claiming it's "God's will" and the only intervention should be prayer to God.

Many similar nut-jobs will also evoke the "God's will" line when a pregnant mother and her unborn quintuplets are at risk -- saying they couldn't abort one of them to save the health of everyone else and that it's "God's will". Of course, these same people forget to invoke the "God's will" line when they turned to Western medicine as an infertility treatment that caused the quintuplet pregnancy in the first place...
It's incredible. I hear some folks don't accept blood transfusion and stuff like that. How do you not do anything to save a life? Baffles the fuck out of me.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
So when is someone going to shit himself and run a marathon while the shit comes down his legs? Because that's just a bodily function too. Nothing to be ashamed about. We shit in these little tiny backrooms, hidden from everyone else, as if it doesn't really affect people. Obviously we should shit out in the open.

- - - Updated - - -

In period blood?
Hey I'm not saying I agree with it, just that it makes a bit more sense as I've never heard of "period shaming" before.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I said it was weird...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd argue that's even worse. In some of these cases we are talking about contagious diseases that we are trying to eradicate by vaccinating everyone.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
In the case of vaccines, it's not the hardline religious folk. It's the overprotective soccer moms that think an mmr shot is gonna make their kid autistic. You have entire communities in the pacific northwest that live the vaccine free life. Last year they caused a measels epidemic.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In the case of vaccines, it's not the hardline religious folk. It's the overprotective soccer moms that think an mmr shot is gonna make their kid autistic. You have entire communities in the pacific northwest that live the vaccine free life. Last year they caused a measels epidemic.
I wasn't just talking about the religious folk. Plenty of people are crazy. The only redeeming factor I suppose is that in some parts of Europe we have had vaccines that turned out to cause horrible complications in an extremely small number of cases.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I wasn't just talking about the religious folk. Plenty of people are crazy. The only redeeming factor I suppose is that in some parts of Europe we have had vaccines that turned out to cause horrible complications in an extremely small number of cases.
One of my mothers friends husband died after getting some vaccine when going to asia. As far as I know it was one of the standard ones and from a good medical institution too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
One of my mothers friends husband died after getting some vaccine when going to asia. As far as I know it was one of the standard ones and from a good medical institution too.
Well vaccines can have side effects. I don't think you could ever deny that. But when it comes to stuff like the measles there are hardly any known serious side effects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)