News that makes you say WTF! (37 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I knew they weren't banned in public places. This is what I thinking of: "France... has banned wearing conspicuous religious symbols in its public primary and secondary schools".
I would be fully in favour of that. Ireland is a million miles behind them. Laughably, the vast majority of schools here are ran by either the Catholic or Protestant churches.
your public schools are run by the church?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I knew they weren't banned in public places. This is what I thinking of: "France... has banned wearing conspicuous religious symbols in its public primary and secondary schools".
I would be fully in favour of that. Ireland is a million miles behind them. Laughably, the vast majority of schools here are ran by either the Catholic or Protestant churches.
Paedos come in all sorts of flavors.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't think the medium should change the offense. If you send someone a tweet, postal mail, or say it to their face in person, that should not skew the gravity of the offense.

So while I agree that cyberbullying and online rape and death threats can get out of hand, they should be prosecuted or not as if the "cyber" part was removed.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
cyberbullying :sergio:

the human species has started protecting those who are so incompetent that they can't block incoming messages and calls from a phonenumber.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't think the medium should change the offense. If you send someone a tweet, postal mail, or say it to their face in person, that should not skew the gravity of the offense.

So while I agree that cyberbullying and online rape and death threats can get out of hand, they should be prosecuted or not as if the "cyber" part was removed.

"sexually offensive, verbally abusive" thats as vague as it gets, it's a masquerade. Threats have always been prosecuted.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
"sexually offensive, verbally abusive" thats as vague as it gets, it's a masquerade. Threats have always been prosecuted.
Exactly. Just because it involves digital instead of analog communication doesn't make it new or requiring of new standards.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
shame because he's a great drummer too, they always sounded best with him
Definitely. Also the only true Australian left in the band. :p The good thing is that the album is done. But I'm very curious to see what the hell they are going to do for the tour. I don't think they'll cancel it. Hopefully they'll get Chris Slade back. I'd much prefer that to a new drummer (or Simon Wright).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Definitely. Also the only true Australian left in the band. :p The good thing is that the album is done. But I'm very curious to see what the hell they are going to do for the tour. I don't think they'll cancel it. Hopefully they'll get Chris Slade back. I'd much prefer that to a new drummer (or Simon Wright).
u wot m8

I don't think many people go to see Phil Rudd :p

As long as Angus & Brian can play AC/DC will go on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)