News that makes you say WTF! (38 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
A frazzled Japanese couple have been subjected to a high speed car chase with police and held at gunpoint on their first day on holiday in the US, after apparently misunderstanding traffic signals, it's been reported.

Officers in the US state of Utah say they spotted the car driving slowly and erratically on the motorway and signalled for it to pull over. But the woman driving reportedly panicked at the police cars' lights and sirens and sped off, trailed by three patrol cars, the Japan Times reports.

The chase ended 11km (6 miles) later, after the car drove over a row of tyre spikes. The motorway was closed in both directions as police feared a confrontation with an armed criminal.

The Japanese couple, unable to understand the police commands, were then pulled out of the car at gunpoint, as their seven-year-old son sat crying in the back seat.

The situation was finally defused after police tracked down a Japanese-speaking officer elsewhere in the state. But one officer was not entirely convinced that the woman didn't know what to do. "Red and blue lights are a pretty universal signal," says Highway Patrol commander Brad Horne. "Regardless of nationality and language, when we put lights on, people pull over and stop."

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26353893

Of course this happens in the US...but I hope COPS were on scene and filmed this :lol2:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In what culture is it considered appropriate to see police turn on lights/sirens and to then try to evade them at high speeds?

Bullcrap story if I've ever heard. "Me no speak Engrish!"

Yeah, right.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
wth were the cops supposed to do? not chase after them? :shifty:
Actually some jurisdictions have that policy because they say getting involved in a high-speed chase can endanger the lives of others. I can somewhat agree with that especially when it's an Asian...an Asian woman at that :shifty: :snoop:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Actually some jurisdictions have that policy because they say getting involved in a high-speed chase can endanger the lives of others. I can somewhat agree with that especially when it's an Asian...an Asian woman at that :shifty: :snoop:
no you are supposed to go on a really high speed chase and interrupt any tv programs to show it live by helicopter

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
He's restrained. Not to be callous, but the video doesn't show me jack shit.
A family's night at the movies on Valentine's Day turned into a horror show when a husband and father was beaten to death outside a cinema by police officers.

Things had not gone smoothly for the Rodriguez family -- who reside in Norman, OK -- due to a dispute which took place between Mrs. Nair Rodriguez and her 19-year-old daughter, Luinahi. Mrs. Rodriguez says her daughter had been lying to her so she slapped her during the argument, which took place outside the Warren Theater during the early hours of February 15th.

A bystander reported the incident and got the government involved. A bad situation would soon turn horribly worse.

Mrs. Rodriguez had stormed away from her daughter, upset at what had happened. Luis went after her to calm her down. That's when several Moore Police officers approached.

Luinahi and Nair both witnessed what happened next. They say Luis, age 44, tried to bypass the officers as they were attempting to ask him for identification. Luis didn't want his wife to drive away while she was angry, so he continued towards her.

That's when Mr. Rodriguez was taken down, and beaten to death by five officers. His family witnessed him getting pummeled with fists, knees, and pepper spray until he was bloody and lifeless.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i have been to Oklahoma once, made Florida look like Luxembourg
You're right -- Florida sucks at soccer.

Actually, regarding Oklahoma, that whole state is practically the leftovers of what all the tornadoes refused to take away.

Norman, OK isn't horrible. But otherwise life there is entirely centered around things that died millions of years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)