News that makes you say WTF! (49 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
These stories have always been very common place here and I really hope they do something to eradicate this abuse and to bring some measure of justice back to the families. Don’t you guys have the same sort of shit in Europe with the Catholic Church there?

Anyway, the most disgusting creature of all in all of this is that cunt George Pell. Heartless, deranged, sickening coward of a man. Running off to the Vatican and not wanting to face the music here. He knew of and protected (and most likely) participated in a lot of this abuse too. And this man is one of the most powerful Catholics in the world. Disgraceful.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is a whole bunch of WTF. Ex-cop dressed as nazi supporting ISIS.

http://www.newsweek.com/nicholas-young-cop-convicted-supporting-isis-751716
A double idiot for sure , but how are the feds allowed to entrap him like that? Several years creating character / informant that pretends he is going to fight Assad? Is there proof he thought the fake agent is a ISIS fighter? If no he is no different then most, but just a hateful moron.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
These stories have always been very common place here and I really hope they do something to eradicate this abuse and to bring some measure of justice back to the families. Don’t you guys have the same sort of shit in Europe with the Catholic Church there?

Anyway, the most disgusting creature of all in all of this is that cunt George Pell. Heartless, deranged, sickening coward of a man. Running off to the Vatican and not wanting to face the music here. He knew of and protected (and most likely) participated in a lot of this abuse too. And this man is one of the most powerful Catholics in the world. Disgraceful.
the issue is there, but to this extent? i seriously doubt it. for instance, hungary is a christian country by its constitution, with a population of ~10m, of which ~70% are self-proclaimed catholic. there are like 2300 catholic priests in this country; with you, it's around 3000, so the two countries might be comparable in this regard. i couldn't remember many local cases that were published, so i did a quick online search and i couldn't find basically anything that would suggest that there are systematic abuses and consequent cover ups. i only found evidences of a couple of isolated cases from the last 20 years. i know a couple of catholic communities, and my experience with local priests are mostly positive (save for their political involvements), the ones i happen to know are genuinely nice people with plenty of secular/scientific knowledge (philosophy, literature, psychology). also, most of my friends and relatives are catholic, and i've never heard of any abuse stories locally, not even an accusation, which is supposed to happen easily in small communities. i have to add that hungary is a massively homophobic country, especially in rural environments, so any accusation would be blown out of proportion in no time (homophobes often confuse gays and pedophiles here).

child abuse might a bigger issue in foster care. in a recent case, the director of a locally well-known residential home abused several kids during the last decades. he was only recently fired and is currently investigated. i know a couple of guys who were abused by a former surveyor in the city i went to high school. the molester is dead for at least 20 years, but he wasn't brought to justice as the abused kids were too ashamed to report him.

anyway, i found those numbers in australia simply shocking. 8000+ testimonies of victims, that's immense.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A double idiot for sure , but how are the feds allowed to entrap him like that? Several years creating character / informant that pretends he is going to fight Assad? Is there proof he thought the fake agent is a ISIS fighter? If no he is no different then most, but just a hateful moron.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

It's the USA. They don't care about entrapment. Or at the very least they care much less than European countries do (in several countries it is entirely illegal).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
icemaη;5657836 said:
Isn't entrapment fairly common in the US though?
It probably depends on how you define entrapment. Use of undercover agents and informants isn't always an indication of entrapment.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It probably depends on how you define entrapment. Use of undercover agents and informants isn't always an indication of entrapment.
I once saw an episode of some reality law enforcement show were undercover cops bought drugs off of man who was selling out of his backyard window, busted in his house then told him he was going away for 15 + years unless he aided them. They then made him call a bunch of locals / customers offer them some kind of deal. One by one people showed up, bought baggies of crack through his window then got arrested for possession. It was sonewhere in ghetto area in the south.

Seemed odd to me that they were flaunting doing this kind of shit

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, but for example buying drugs as an undercover agent would be considered entrapment in Europe and it's often not in the US.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Hard to tell if it's entrapment from what's presented in the article.
icemaη;5657836 said:
Isn't entrapment fairly common in the US though?
I once saw an episode of some reality law enforcement show were undercover cops bought drugs off of man who was selling out of his backyard window, busted in his house then told him he was going away for 15 + years unless he aided them. They then made him call a bunch of locals / customers offer them some kind of deal. One by one people showed up, bought baggies of crack through his window then got arrested for possession. It was sonewhere in ghetto area in the south.

Seemed odd to me that they were flaunting doing this kind of shit
This was a good scene though

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No, but for example buying drugs as an undercover agent would be considered entrapment in Europe and it's often not in the US.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Here entrapment is only when your coerced into doing something you wouldn't normally be doing.

Kyle's example isn't entrapment because known drug dealer selling drugs to cops is within his realm of normal activity. Cops or users, selling is selling. The deal he made after isn't entrapment either, just a deal he made with the police.

Now in a different situation. Angry muslim kid befriends undercover fed posing as Islamist and is coerced into joining jihadist organisation, probably entrapment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)