News that makes you say WTF! (18 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sorry, but that ain't WTF anymore. 45th school shooting of 2015. That's another day at the office in America. Sensationalism fail.
That's exactly what I told my sister after she told me about it. "again? Come on." it's barely shock newsworthy anymore.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Airpaper Will Cancel Your Comcast Service For You

There are few things in this (first) world that are worse than trying to cancel your internet and cable service.

In fact, Comcast has folks that are dedicated solely to the mission of retaining those who wish to graze in other internet pastures, complete with a guidebook on how to keep a customer on the phone and persuade them to keep their Comcast service. We have seen this go horribly awry.

Even in the best case scenario, you’re stuck arguing with a stranger over something you no longer want or need for far longer than you want.

But a service called Airpaper is looking to take that mess off of your hands for the relatively cheap price of $5.

All you have to do is offer up your name, address, phone number, and Comcast account number and Airpaper will make that nasty phone call for you. The company promises it won’t use your information for any reason other than to cancel your service, but it’s worth noting that handing over so much personal data to a third party is never 100 percent safe.

That said, I’d still pay $5 to have someone else handle the the process of canceling my Comcast service.
http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/05/airpaper-will-cancel-your-comcast-service-for-you/

First world problems are best world problems :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You have to pay money to withdraw cash? I noticed I had to do so with my visa, but assumed it was because it was from a foreign account with a credit card. Not that I have ever needed cash in America though..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Most ATMs in the UK are free to withdraw as well, across the many different banks and building societies. I've seen one or two on the high street that charge, in fact a few more in recent years, but usually only see fee-charging ATMs (non-networked, owned by tenant) in places like pubs, clubs and petrol stations, and the fee is nearly always £1.50 (once it was £1.75).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)