Newcastle vs Juventus (3 Viewers)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
In the next match of our group, I also think we really should win against Feyenoord. Then we will have 10 points and will again lead the group.
Since Newcastle have to win against Dinamo Kiev to qualify, they will probably either win (or draw). Now as Dinamo have 7 points and are second in the group, that should be possible.
If Newcastle win and we will win, we will have 10 points, Dinamo and Newcastle both 7 and Feyenoord 5.
If they will draw and we win: we 10, Dinamo 8, Feyenoord 5 and Newcastle 4. Then Newcastle are out.
But if we draw and Newcastle win, we will have 8, Dinamo and Newcastle 7 and Feyenoord 5. In either way we will still top the group, but considering we will then play Dinamo away, who will want a win to qualify, we shouldn't take any chances and should win against Feyenoord so that we qualify no matter what will happen afterwards. It won't be easy, as Feyenoord also need a win, but I think we should manage.:thumb:

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
:( Our team aint up there with the best. No doubt we have some of the best playes in the world: DP, Nedved, Buffon, Davids and Trez, but we cant rely on them every single game! I just got to big up Zala', he shouldve started with Alex to take the pressure of Dps shoulders. I just noticed How big the man is on the TV screen! His effort was a Vieri stlye. Unlucky son! He should get a place in the starting 11 with Piero he deserves a chance, Salas had his:howler:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
so this is the situation:

juventus 7
dynamo 7
feyenoord 5
newcastle 3

important results: juventus - dynamo 5-0. feyenoord - juventus 1-1. and two games with newcastle it's 2-1 for us in both games.

the lost make things more difficult but all we need to do is to win feyenoord next week and we qualified. and hope newcastle will win dynamo so we will ensure first place too. if newcastle won't win so we have to draw the last game in kiev and we will finish first. all that only if we win next week.

if we won't win (0-0 i hope if we won't win) so things will be very difficult and we see the situation that depend on newcastle - dynamo. then we have to overcome stress in the last game, so we better win next week.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
EASY deal! Read my lips! Feyenoord have lost all consistency this season and are nothing like the side that won the UEFAcup last season or eventhe side we drew with earlier this season!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
Have you seen Feyenoord play in their last couple of matches? They even lost from a promoted club!!
Every match is by himself. a team can lose to a team from a low division and then win real madrid... you can'y know, maybe they will give all thier spirit against us and have thier bats game of the season so far.

BTW- something terrible happened to the forum...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Before I forget...

Thanks for the commentary Tom- it was almost like actually seeing the game (to be honest, I'm glad I didnt see the game, I'd be in a much worse mood now !!!)

Also, thanks Denco and everyone else for their post game comments.

I have some concern as to whether we can get by Feyenoord, I think were going to struggle to even get a tie.

Its becoming TOO MUCH like last year.Maybe we should take notes from AC Milan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)