Newcastle vs Juventus (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Okay I have just seen the game as i had it taped, well wouldn't be watching that again no doubt about that

We lack class but I have been saying this for ages, how Bramble Griffin and O'brien can keep our strikers at bay is beyond me and Lua Lua worried our defence like crazy, lucky for us Bellamy and Dyer were missing

Buffon he is becoming a huge worry with crosses and his losing credibility with me as I used to rate him best in the world but to best in the world you ought to do better than shot stopping which he did magnificently tonite, at fault with the goal no doubt

Thuram as Tom and everyone who saw the match has said our best player on the night but thats not saying anything really but he did well

Birindelli next

Ferrara had an okay game but his long balls to noone in particular is annoying at times

Iuliano had one of his better games but also was worried by Shearer's power and (Lua)2 's pace

Davids was not very good as he gave the ball too often but having said that he is being made a scapegoat too many times under Lippi as he was not the least effective player on our side so why the substitution

Tacchi well just a typical performance from him in my eyes as this is how he plays all the time, cannot pass the ball and makes the wrong ball selection most times, also not a ball winner so I fail to see his quality

Camo good in patches and was one of the plusses

Nedved total shite on the night, playmaker he is not as he lacks the finese and touch of a playmaker and dived a lot which was embarrasing, missed an absolute sitter

Dp very poor performance today as his usual touch was missing, gave the ball away uncharacteristically , freekicks and corner kicks inept but in saying that he was our most dangerous partner

Di Vaio played like he was still unconscious and why he was on the left and Dp in the middle was puzzling

Conte was an embarrasment and he did nothing to warrant his coming on 4 Davids

Zambrotta and Zalayeta funnily enough were lively when they came on especially Zala but they have proved in the past they are no match winners, sadly our one class player chose today where I could watch the whole game to put in an inept display, hope you play better on saturday or sunday , Dp

Again another away day where we played poorly, what I find worrying is our lack of pattern and its very annoying that Lippi has adopted this defensive displays away from home as right from the start we played like we were looking for a draw

It seems this side is incapable of putting 2 good displays in a row

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
nice post denco

I would have loved to debate this with you, but actually I agree with each and every point you make, so nevermind

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Buffon he is becoming a huge worry with crosses and his losing credibility with me as I used to rate him best in the world but to best in the world you ought to do better than shot stopping which he did magnificently tonite, at fault with the goal no doubt
:down:

James

Sep 27, 2002
Brilliant post by Denco, assessment of every player was spot on.
Watching Juve tonight, you wonder if these players even know
each other, such is their lack of cohesion. Tacchinardi is
incredibly poor, all the guy does is panic in possesion and mess
around with his daft hair. Why doesn't he just stay in the
dressing room and look at himself in the mirror all night. He's
hopeless. Also, if Nedved tried to stay on his feet for at least two
seconds he might get somewhere. Camo played okay and I'll
exempt Davids because I know he can play miles better though
he better start showing it.

Finally, can anyone tell me the last time Juve outplayed any of the
strong teams in the Champion's League.Honestly, watching Juve
play these days is embarrasing. Get some creativity in that side
now Lippi or we're doomed in this tournament.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AlexDP ] ++
And now Pippo scored the second for Milan. At least some good news...
Yeap, that makes me better.:) Serginho's goal was awesome!:thumb: I've had Milan-Muenchen on TV, so....No Newcastle-Juve. It's too bad we lost :down: Phew, it's getting tight in our group.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
well here's my take on the Juve-Newcastle match... it will tell Juve to get up from the 'slump' it's facing. i mean slump as in drawing with parma, and then como and then inter.

it's a slap... telling Juve to get up and go out there and start playing football.

as for a newcastle fan's point of view, it gives us a glimmer of hope, since feyenoord lost to kiev...

the irony of the beautiful game. :-/

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I missed the game but thanks to Tom, Laresca, Denco, Nekton and everyone else I have a pretty good idea of how we sucked. Truly I expected a win here but :down: that's football and I hope we can beat Feyenoord in the next match.

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
<Denco>
Davids was not very good as he gave the ball too often but having said that he is being made a scapegoat too many times under Lippi as he was not the least effective player on our side so why the substitution.
</Denco>

I didn't watch the game but what irritated me the most was when i read that Davids was subbed.From what u guys say he wasn't the worst guy on the pitch, so why did lippi had to do that? and it's not the first time.Why him??.If he doesn't want davids why didn't he give him to Roma(bcos if he really sucks then they would be no team better suited to him than Roma.).

In fact i watched milano yesterday and from what i saw we need a lot of improvement or otherwise milan are going to sweep everything and we might begin to live under their shadow.

My suggestion is we need to get into the transfer market and make really nice young and wise buys.Bcos currently a few players deserve to be in our team.
These are IMHO

<Backline>
Thuram,Moretti,Ulliano(barely deserves it),Montero(Age&injury prone),Tudor
</Backline>

<middle>
Davids,Camo,nedved,Zambo,tachi(just)
</middle>

<strikers Comment = "IMHO we are ok here">
Dp,Trez,Zala,Salas(needs more time)
</strikers>

My wish list
Veron,joachin/m(celta guy),aimar,chivu,mexes

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Juventus coach Marcello Lippi looked back at a number of chances his side missed in the 1-0 defeat to Newcastle.

"We had a few chances but obviously when you go one goal behind in front of a crowd like this, it's not easy to come back," he said.

"We created three clear chances, but didn't take them and it wasn't easy at all because of Newcastle's display.

"Football is very simple. It's a game where you need to score goals in order to win. We created lots of chances and just didn't take them."

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Juventus 7
Dynamo 7
Feyenoord 5
Newcastle 3

========================

We made it harder with our defeat against Newcastle, but hopefully we will ensure qualification next round when we meet Feyenoord at home .. we must win !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)