Newcastle vs Juventus (3 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Almajhool ] ++
Alex don't forget that they're humans ...

4 days between two important matches ..

if we say that they'll be physically fit, mentally they aren't ...

concentration .. is a keyword in these situations ...
Tell that to AC Milan !!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

laura

Jul 25, 2002
thanks tom for telling me about htis thread
and great job with the commentary!:D
reading this was better than seeing the game!:cheesy:

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
No one knows the reason. Maybe they have a relationship with some betting company. We stealed 2 points from Como and Parma at home. After a good play against Inter, we got defeated by Newcastle(who was defeated by Blackburn with a 5:2 score). What the hell a team are we? Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
BUFFON: first half, I was not impressed, had nothing to do except gather in a few crosses, but he spilled 3..yes, 3 crosses in the first half. Second half, 3 absolutely fantastic wonder-saves. The third one is just :eek: superb! Unfortunately he was left exposed for their goal, and was partly to blame, he should really have done better, it squirmed into the net off his arm.

THURAM: Brilliant. Best Juve player by a mile. Defensively, and offensively faultless, the only bad point I can think of is a foul throw he made. At times in the second half, he was a centre mid, a striker even, and the only one, seemingly that showed the urgency to get forward and try and get that goal.

BIRINDELLI: Did nothing whatsoever offensively, Ok defensively, pne great block, but several misplaced passes, and continued to look nevous throughout the match.

FERRARA: Generally good, apart from the goal, where both centre halves went missing. very calm on the ball, much better than I thought.

IULIANO: Basically ditto ferrara, apart from the manic spell, surrounding Newcastle's goal, was good. But again, went missing for the goal.

DAVIDS: Impressed me, during the first half, god only knows why he was subbed off, looked at ease, and winning plenty of tackles

TACCHINARDI: Poor. Cannot pass the ball. I hope this was a one off, is he usually better than this? For his sake I hope so.

CAMORANESI: Good, our second best player behind Thuram, this lad has got great skill, not afraid to take players on, basically thumbs up from me!

CONTE: Nothing of note

ZAMBROTTA: Skied a shot, apart from this, did bugger all

NEDVED: Well, this guy is inadequate as a playmaker, I have said it before, I will say it again!However, later on he went to the left wing, also he was poor. So really, what is his position? Also he dived an awful lot, and missed an absolute sitter!

DP: Poor, by his standards. Wasted several freekicks, never got the better of his marker at any point in the match, this guy needs a rest.

DI VAIO: Worked hard, but to little effect, not his day I'm afraid, missed a half chance in the first half.

ZALA: Pretty good actually, made a definite impact after coming on, but really should have scored when he hit the bar. Pacy, powerful, worried the newcastle defence throughout, I think he should really have started

LIPPI: ? what was he playing at?

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
I should've watched that program about Lesbians on BBC2 instead of that rubbish from Juve. I thought it was just Tudor and Salas that got left in Turin, where was the rest of the team?

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Should I also mention that Newcastle's defense is sub-par, and that we wont face too many other teams in the CL who have as weak of a defense

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
another thing i believe out team is suffering from

is

enthusiasim ...

seems like juve's players r forced to play ...

and the conterversal happens with milan ...

=========================

i forgot ..

lippi needs to find new ways to motivate his players

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Tommy, thanks for all the comments and ratings. I give you a 10 tonight, though considering your opposition, it shouldn't be too hard ;)

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Almajhool ] ++
another thing i believe out team is suffering from

is

enthusiasim ...

seems like juve's players r forced to play ...

and the conterversal happens with milan ...

=========================

i forgot ..

lippi needs to find new ways to motivate his players
Yep, I agree. I can accept defeat graciously, when we are beaten by the better team (Newcastle playing better, but aren't better then us) that's why I'm fuming right now. I can't remember the last time we won a game.:down:

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
lesbians?????????? and u watched juve!!!
this is bad, our first loss of the season against newcastle. this really sux. its like if DP doesnt play good then juve suck. we cant depend on his fluctuating form. hes just human, i still believe he shouldnt of started, i wanna see what juve would do without him 4 one game. i guess its obvious now how desperately we need a playmaker and young defenders. lets just hope moggi and lipp feel that way.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
This is one game we should have NEVER lost.

I'm sure we can think of many other teams that might be better than us on any given day, but Newcastle ???!!!!

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
This is one game we should have NEVER lost.

I'm sure we can think of many other teams that might be better than us on any given day, but Newcastle ???!!!!
Yeah, exactly, that's why I'm concerned. Be thankful you don't live in the UK. I'm gonna get this defeat rammed down my throat by the media.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Here's what I think.

The reason why we lost???

1. We underestimated the opposition
2. Lippi failed where subs were concerned.

Nobody was truly exceptional except Thuram, and as usual Edgar Davids. Lets sell this guy, he doesnt help the team :rolleyes:

Anyway that was the problem, we failed to gel. Everyone was mediocre.

The horse-manure: Buffon, Birindelli, Tacc, Zambo, Ale, Di Vaio.

We had no substitutes for Tacc. Camo played well, and Lippi took him off. Ale had nobody to sub for him (Salas, except he wasnt there, now lets sell him too:rolleyes:, our only Ale-sub)

BTW if anyone says Ale needs no sub, I hope this game proves his human side a bit.

Di Vaio had no sub either. Trez would have scored today.

We cant depend on Ferrara-Iuliano as CBs together. Either one or the other. We had no Tudor, no Montero, no Pessotto. If it wasnt for Thuram ____________.(fill in the blank space)

Midfield lacked creativity. Disgustingly sloppy. Camo was decent. Davids had to attack more. Tacc was inadequate. Nedved I think this is just a one-off.

Attack Ale had his one-off. DiVaio SHOULD have played especially well since Trez was out. We know his potential, he knows his potential, so do the coach and the players. We have seen better DiVaio's than this one.

On a positive note Zala did well. I wanna see him play a league game or 2 now that we've won it already. Not to mention the Coppa.

Im especially worried about DiVaio because its the beginning of the season and its too early to have bad days. Way too early. He shone pre-season, but we're struggling in league, and we're flopping in cup.

The loss to Newcastle was especially dumb considering English mentality> They're still celebrating England 66... That fullback must have his own holy book by now....

The out-of-formers:

Montero- He's my number-one concern.

Tacc- He knows better and so do we...

Buffon- By God I dont think its possible to concentrate on attack if you have such a problematic own half. Couple Buffon's 'bad day' with the defence probably is another reason we lost.

Tudor- Still waiting to see him come back and show us his real side.

Trez- Needs to come back and coma back prolific. I want to see DiVaio score a goal or 2 in the first half, and Trez come on mid 2nd half and finish it off with a devastating final attack of 2 or more. Thats my dream.

Nedved- Did much better last season, wanna see more of this guy's old self.

About Lippi- didnt sub well, but I think the blame must go on the players. They messed up totally.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
great post! :)

all in all I am in agreement, but I think you are too harsh on Buffon. Although fair does, he made a mistake, he also made three brilliant saves, that a lesser keeper might not have done! Without him, the game could have took on an embarassing scoreline!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
thanks for the compliments as regards my commentaru
y, and apologies for the breaks...blame the damn server for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)