New server online :) (1 Viewer)

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #123
    Should I keep the addresses in the notepad or should I remove them?
    You can comment them out like this:

#46.4.40.204 forum.juventuz.com
    #46.4.40.204 blog.juventuz.com
    #46.4.40.204 juventuz.com
    #46.4.40.204 www.juventuz.com

Then save the file and connect to the site again. If you see the message that the forums are offline because they're being moved uncomment the lines again and save (that would mean you're still connecting to the old server through your ISP).

Or you can just keep the hosts file like it is for a few more days then remove it. :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I still haven't figured it out, maybe this is how it's supposed to work? First you click "go to first new post" at the search result and then you click "view first unread at the top". If that's how it's supposed to be I think it's one click too many.

The links are actually not the same, they point to different urls.

I think its one click too many as well, it didnt work like that on the old forum, nor on any other forums I've seen.

Cant you just change the url on the button in the list of threads to match the other url for unead posts in the thread itself?

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    It's rockin' n' rollin' here. No downtimes, no half page loads for now. We'll see how this baby is made of tomorrow after the game.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #129
    It's rockin' n' rollin' here. No downtimes, no half page loads for now. We'll see how this baby is made of tomorrow after the game.
    I can assure there will be no problems. :) We're currently using 1.1% of the available CPU power and about 9% of the RAM.

The main issue before was RAM (as it usually is with mysql based sites). As you can see we're using more than 2GB RAM at the moment (2.3 GB) and previously we only had 2GB available meaning it was swapping to disk = fail performance.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I can assure there will be no problems. :) We're currently using 1.1% of the available CPU power and about 9% of the RAM.

The main issue before was RAM (as it usually is with mysql based sites). As you can see we're using more than 2GB RAM at the moment (2.3 GB) and previously we only had 2GB available meaning it was swapping to disk = fail performance.
    :tup:

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #132
    There will be some small outtakes from time to time, I'm optimizing the server. :)

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #139
    Erm well not quite ready, doing some backup stuff so it'll be a bit slower for perhaps an hour :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)